The Balotelli Thread

LDN Blue

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mancini: City set to sell Balotelli

Controversial striker Mario Balotelli will not be picked again this season by Manchester City and is likely to be sold at the end of the campaign, said manager Roberto Mancini after their 1-0 Premier League defeat at Arsenal.

"I have finished my work with him, I am finished today, but I love him as a guy," Mancini told reporters. "He is not a bad guy and he is a fantastic player but at this moment I am very sorry for him as he is continuing to lose his talent and his quality.

"I hope he understands he is in a bad way for his future and he must change his behaviour. He will not play again (this season) and I will probably try to sell him in the summer.

"He is a fantastic player but I can't continue to have Mario on the pitch. We have problems every time," Mancini said of his fellow Italian after Manchester United opened an eight-point lead over second-placed City at the top of the table.

"Every time we risk a sending-off, like today. Okay today it was in the last few minutes but you can score a goal in the last minutes."

I am divided. The guy is a big mystery.

But City are just a laughing stock. I think at Chelsea he will be more cool with someone like Terry putting him in his place.

City are going to sell him so his price is going to be ridiculous cheap, cause not many people will pay what City pay.

And for that price it will not be bad.

No way in hell...Mario is a talented athlete but at the end of the day he is still a moron who seems to put himself before the club.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mario has threatened to walk off the pitch during the euro's if he experiences any racial abuse & also said if anyone threw a banana at him in the street he would be in prison because he would kill them.

Balotelli will walk off the pitch....The rest of the team will follow....They will be the ones to get criticised by UEFA....They will pull out of the competition......Other teams will follow.....It will become an utter shambles and teams will refuse to play in future competitions.......and that will be the end of the Euro's.........

You heard it here first!

• 3 weeks later...

Balotelli is a phenomenal talent. He reminds me a little of Sturridge in that they are both immensely talented and produce, but are inconstant, selfish, and incredibly young and face a disproportionate amount of fan loathing . I would take Mario in a second. You often gain maturity as you age, you can't learn talent. The guy has scored 19 goals in 40 Premier league games and isn't yet 22. It's not going to happen of course, but so it's all theoretical.