Chelsea 2-1 Tottenham

BlueLion.

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stoked for this one, returning back to my hometown for good during the week. Going to get drunk as fuck regardless of the result. A Torres hat trick will do, not asking much am I?

We're afraid of no-one 'cos we're better than them all,

Arsenal, West Ham, Palace, Tottenham and Milwall

Take a trip to SW6 and surely you'll agree,

We're called the Pride of London 'cos the Chelsea are supreme!

Spurs came to the Bridge one day, they thought they'd done their stuff

Chelsea proved to everyone that they weren't good enough

They went two up in a minute but they missed a penalty

Chelsea held their heads up high and won the game 4-3

We're the boys in royal blue, we're called the Pride of London

We'll always stand for Chelsea until the day is done

We wear the blue with honour, keep the blue flag flying high

We'll always follow Chelsea, and that's why we're London's pride!

Pride-of-London-Flag-Wembley-2.jpg

I hate it that people already started talking about how many goals will Torres score.

Stop talking about him and at least you won't be so dissapointed if he doesn't score.

Happens all the time and still doesn't score. I'm trying to forget about the Torres situation to be honest.

Now he plans to start Torres alongside Drogba when we host Tottenham Hotspur next weekend: 'Considering the performance of Didier today, and considering Fernando scored, we have to try and play both together now. We have one week to train and we will take a decision before the next game. I don't want to guarantee this but we will try.

'They don't have a problem playing together. Didier is moving very well, not just in the box but also outside. He is doing fantastic assists for his team mates and for this reason I don't think they will have a problem playing together.'

-_-.

Unless we've completely given up on the title or finishing second, I don't see why changes need to be made when things are working so well.

-_-.

Unless we've completely given up on the title or finishing second, I don't see why changes need to be made when things are working so well.

Agreed. No need to change a winning formula. Torres hasn't warranted a start ahead/with Drogba yet. Though I'm willing to make an exception if we allow Anelka back in for Kalou.

Torres has to start now,Kalou back on the bench.cool.gifThink Nando can play in that position,little wider than he's used to.

Carlo also said:'Considering the performance of Didier today, and considering Fernando scored, we have to try and play both together now. We have one week to train and we will take a decision before the next game. I don't want to guarantee this but we will try.'thumbsup.gif

Can't wait !

Agreed. No need to change a winning formula. Torres hasn't warranted a start ahead/with Drogba yet. Though I'm willing to make an exception if we allow Anelka back in for Kalou.

Drogba, Torres and Anelka all in one side?

I'm against Anelka in the starting line-up to be honest. We've been a lot more direct and quicker in building up attacks without him and that's no coincidence. He just keeps slowing down our attacks and I can't take it anymore. Not to mention the fact that he never performs in big matches.

Drogba, Torres and Anelka all in one side?

I'm against Anelka in the starting line-up to be honest. We've been a lot more direct and quicker in building up attacks without him and that's no coincidence. He just keeps slowing down our attacks and I can't take it anymore. Not to mention the fact that he never performs in big matches.

Nah not Torres, Malouda - Drogba - Anelka

Thing is, Anelka knows how to hold the ball and control it properly. It's true he slows down an attack but when you're defending like a 1-0 lead (as we were), he's someone you want in the squad to just keep possession and maybe if the chance opens up to go for goal. Today when he came on he nearly scored one (the Torres pass) and assisted one for sure (again, Torres). I see why he's frustrating, but I think he's a better option than Kalou.

Nah not Torres, Malouda - Drogba - Anelka

Thing is, Anelka knows how to hold the ball and control it properly. It's true he slows down an attack but when you're defending like a 1-0 lead (as we were), he's someone you want in the squad to just keep possession and maybe if the chance opens up to go for goal. Today when he came on he nearly scored one (the Torres pass) and assisted one for sure (again, Torres). I see why he's frustrating, but I think he's a better option than Kalou.

That's exactly why he's more useful coming on later in the game (forgot to add that in my post). But I guess we disagree with each other, no Anelka in the starting line-up for me. I prefer the directness, the willingness to make a run behind the opposition defence, width and pace on the ball Kalou offers, though he was average today.

If it wasn't for the slowing down and drifting away from his position so much (and in this case, Anelka's disappearance act in big matches), I would agree with you that Anelka's the better option for the right-attacker role.

That's exactly why he's more useful coming on later in the game (forgot to add that in my post). But I guess we disagree with each other, no Anelka in the starting line-up for me. I prefer the directness, the willingness to make a run behind the opposition defence, width and pace on the ball Kalou offers, though he was average today.

If it wasn't for the slowing down and drifting away from his position so much (and in this case, Anelka's disappearance act in big matches), I would agree with you that Anelka's the better option for the right-attacker role.

Yeah, I mean I only say I'd start Anelka because I wasn't happy with Kalou today at all. I thought he was the weak link today, losing possession and not being decisive enough on the ball. This season has been quite generous to him though, he's having a good chance to display some areas where he's improved. He put in a good shift on Wednesday, today he wasn't great, but he has showed he's not as bad as I once perceived.

For the Tottenham game I don't mind who starts out of them. But I do hope, Carlo doesn't get distracted by the gloss of a Torres goal.. Because it's still not enough to warrant a change in a, temporary, winning formula.