Chelsea 2-1 Tottenham

BlueLion.

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone agree that we should play our 4-3-3 for this and alternate Drogba and Torres on the right of the front 3. Drogba takes our corners and free kicks and his crossing and passing are very good if he concentrates, and Torres seems to have got his pace back and is good at cutting in. If they switch during the game, it will cause thier left back and centre halfs all sorts of problems.

Does anyone agree that we should play our 4-3-3 for this and alternate Drogba and Torres on the right of the front 3. Drogba takes our corners and free kicks and his crossing and passing are very good if he concentrates, and Torres seems to have got his pace back and is good at cutting in. If they switch during the game, it will cause thier left back and centre halfs all sorts of problems.

Not Torres, but Drogba I am willing to try. Torres has never looked good on the wings.

Not Torres, but Drogba I am willing to try. Torres has never looked good on the wings.

Apparently Torres played on the wing for a bit when he was at Atletico but he was in early 20's then and in a different league. In the English game for the last 4 years his comparative advantage is to be in the middle of the pitch.

Dear Chelsea Supporters!

I'm a Danish journalist who is working for Channel 5 in Denmark. We have the exclusive right for the Premier League i Denmark.

I'm going to London Wednesday and Thursday (27th and 28th of April) to do a piece which we call "Derby Day". It's used for the preview show before the match between Tottenham and Chelsea and it's a piece, where one fan from each team get to tell about his/hers emotions about exactly this match, about former experiences (victories or the opposite) and lots of different aspects.

Therefore, I'm looking for a HUUUGE Chelsea supporter who would spend about an hour with me telling (and a camera man) telling me about this match; what it means.

Don't hesitate to contact me here if you have questions.

Kind regards

Henrik Alexandersen

Always a tough game against Tottenham but I think we have a good chance of beating them as they've been conceding more goals of late. And wouldn't it be nice if Arsene's boys can follow it up by putting up a fight against Manure at the Emirates (doubt it though).

I think we need to put a lot of pressure on Gomez through long ranged shots as he hasn't been good at handling them. Drogs goal in the away game and Ronaldo's one in the CL semi final second leg being cases in point.

Not one to experiment with for me, this game is very important.

Cech

Ivanovic - Luiz - Terry - Cole

Mikel

Ramires - Lampard

Anelka - Drogba - Malouda

Torres hasn't warranted a start for such a high profile game. Not worth the risk imo, bringing him on later is a much better idea I think. For Anelka!

^Essien's injured.

I'd go with

Cech

Ivanovic - Luiz - JT - Cole

Ramires - Mikel - Lampard

Benayoun - Drogba

Torres

Cant drop Malouda now that he's finally hit form.

I'd go

Cech

Luiz - Ivanovic - JT - Cole

Benayoun - Mikel - Lampard

Drogba- Malouda

Torres

No need to rush Ramires back with our players all hitting form.

Also I'd like Luiz to handle Bale, think he can and I don't trust Ivanovic's pace. Plus Luiz's lapses won't matter too much on the right.

This is my team to face T*ttenham ...

--- Cech ---

--- Ivanovic --- Terry© --- Luiz --- A.Cole ---

--- Mikel ---

--- Ramires --- Lampard ---

--- Anelka --- Drogba --- Malouda ---

Subs:

Turnbull, Alex, Bertrand, McEachran, Benayoun, Zhirkov, Torres

I think despite the absence of Essien through injury, our squad still has the right balance in defence and attack. Mikel could be in a holding role, while you have the likes of Ramires running in and getting at the opposing defence, while Lampard is there to make crucial passes and maybe even score himself.

I think Torres will be on the bench again, but Carlo should give him a lot more minutes of game time than what he's currently giving him. I don't think giving him 10-15 minutes of game time is enough in all honesty. Maybe on the 60-minute mark, he should come on!

I do however agree with any arguement that Torres should be put in the starting XI.

a crucial match for us, Tottenham would be looking to get into the top 4 and we need to win this to keep our title hopes intact.

I would stick to the 4-3-3 which seem to be working good for us in the recent games.

-----Cech-------

--Ivanovic-DL-JT-AC---

--Ramires---Mikel----Lampard---

---Anelka/Kalou---DD----Malouda/Yury

Yury would be better because he might be useful in the defense as well, because Spurs can catch us off guard on the counter.

Not one to experiment with for me, this game is very important.

Cech

Ivanovic - Luiz - Terry - Cole

Mikel

Ramires - Lampard

Anelka - Drogba - Malouda

Torres hasn't warranted a start for such a high profile game. Not worth the risk imo, bringing him on later is a much better idea I think. For Anelka!

I'd go with your line-up with the exception of swaping Anelka with Kalou, otherwise A+ mate :)