Chelsea 2-1 Tottenham

BlueLion.

Hahaha. That happened many times. You(We) guys here said "I would like to see this and that ..." And then it didn't look good. :D funny

Haha fair point!

Even when we asked for 4-4-2 we were proven wrong :lol:

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Ramires and Essien are both out. Then let's try Luiz in the midfield. eyebrows.gif

Ivan - Alex - Terry - Cole

Mikel

Luiz - Lampard

Drogba - Torres - Malouda

But I think Carlo might force a 4-4-2 again, so we might see:

Ivan - Luiz - Terry - Cole

Yossi - Mikel - Lampard - Malouda

Drogba - Torres

just win this one. I don't care if Ivanovic play as a center forward with torres in the DM position and Drogba as right back. I am even ok with scrappy 1-0 win with petr cech on the scoresheet. I hope that our norhtern neighbors would shut down their bottling plants and beat manu.

Getting from Carlo's press conference that he's leaning toward Drogba and Torres together. I have very mixed feelings about this. Would love for it to work but don't see it working. Maybe Carlo sees something the rest of us don't.

People saying play Luiz at right-back? I love you all! I've been saying that since February :D

We might as well play Luiz at right back since he's able to play there! I wouldn't say this is the right kind of game to be experimenting though, especially when Gareth Bale can bomb down the left with ease.

Getting from Carlo's press conference that he's leaning toward Drogba and Torres together. I have very mixed feelings about this. Would love for it to work but don't see it working. Maybe Carlo sees something the rest of us don't.

Of course, he trains with them and we don't. Carlo is not dumb enough to start with Kalou instead of Torres or Drogba against Tottenham. With Torres starting to score goals and with Drogba in top-form, Drogba-Torres is the how it should be. I expect both of them to score, and perform brilliantly together.

With Torres starting to score goals and with Drogba in top-form, Drogba-Torres is the how it should be. I expect both of them to score, and perform brilliantly together.

No doubt in my mind it could work, and I'm not saying that it won't work! However, time is needed! The last time Drogba and Torres worked in the same team, it felt like one was invading the other's space, and they couldn't form well as a unit. Torres enjoys a lot of space in attack so that he can get into positions to score, as well as a good midfield service. However, if some of that space is invaded by a player like Drogba, it's not as easy for Torres. Of course I want to see Drogba and Torres in the same team together, don't get me wrong, but something like takes time to develop.

Oh dear..

Why change a good thing, 4-4-2 sucks.

Of course, he trains with them and we don't. Carlo is not dumb enough to start with Kalou instead of Torres or Drogba against Tottenham. With Torres starting to score goals and with Drogba in top-form, Drogba-Torres is the how it should be. I expect both of them to score, and perform brilliantly together.

Ideally it would but then again, ideally Chelsea would be in the CL semifinals and leading the league by 10 points.

Problem with playing Torres and Drogba together is that they both want to be the main central striker. People keep pointing to Anelka and Drogba as a great example. Except Anelka is willing to play the second striker role, drop deep etc. Torres won't do it and he shouldn't because that would be wasting what he does best, finishing in and around the box. I really don't understand it when I see formations with Torres playing on the right or left of a 4-3-3. Why would you do that? You're zeroing out the comparative advantage of having Fernando Torres.

Ideally, DD-FT would work if DD is willing to play wide and drop back to gather the ball and even help the midfield. This would also free up space for FT up front . But have we actually seen this happen during the time they've been on the pitch together? They barely even look like they're on the same team.

DD is the better all-around player and he would be more suited to the SS role than FT. But ultimately, it may be that there are two top central strikers and neither of them should be shoe-horned into playing a role that doesn't get the best out of them or the team.

No doubt in my mind it could work, and I'm not saying that it <i>won't</i> work! However, time is needed! The last time Drogba and Torres worked in the same team, it felt like one was invading the other's space, and they couldn't form well as a unit. Torres enjoys a lot of space in attack so that he can get into positions to score, as well as a good midfield service. However, if some of that space is invaded by a player like Drogba, it's not as easy for Torres. Of course I want to see Drogba and Torres in the same team together, don't get me wrong, but something like takes time to develop.

Maybe Carlo took the two aside and said "You are both fantastic players, we have a change to catch Manchester United, we ARE going to make this work, don't F this up by refusing to play with each other or I'll kick both your asses". Or something like that.

Myabe the premise of playing them together in a 442 is just a way to make Redknapp alter his plans. It'd be moronic to change from 433.

I brought this up earlier in the thread. I wouldn't be surprised if it's 4-3-3 with Drogba on Saturday. Or maybe Carlo's playing chess two steps ahead--he floats the idea, knows Rednapp thinks he's bluffing, who will set up to defend 4-3-3 against Drogba and voila, Ancelotti springs Drogba and Torres on Spurs!

Oh who am I kidding, Rednapp doesn't do tactics. He'll throw whatever team is on form out there.

If we have any hope of winning the Prem then this is a must win game whatever formation & team Ancelotti selects. An emphatic victory would put some real pressure on Man U but a narrow win would suffice. Arsenal now have no pressure on them & that could work in our favour, well let's hope so anyway.

Spurs will come & have a go which will make for an entertaining game. We have to be careful as they have 2 fantastic wingers in Bale & Lennon who can cause problems on either flank but by the same token that's can be an area we can exploit as they will leave space for us to get behind them. Redknapp is shit scared of Drogba who must start with his current form, if Ramires is fit he has to play because he can provide cover for Ivanovich & has the engine & pace to get forward. We must also stop Modric who is quality, the likes of Essien or Mikel must be on the top of their game to stop the supply, Lampard must also put in a shift.

Going to be tough & I cannot even begin to speculate who Ancelotti will pick for this game as he has some tough choices to make he may well go with a very attacking line up. Let's just hope he gets it right & we come away with the much needed 3 points.