Chelsea Officially Signed Willian

if its what avb wants then I'm fine with that. Rather this than Roman imposing one of his "star signings" on us. Still every chance we could end up with both tho not necessarily in this window

No, it's not, clearly AVB isn't being backed financially, certainly not to the extent required for a top European club. Also, Hazard is by no means a 'star signing' in the sense that Torres & Shevchenko were. So you can drop the negative connotations with the transfer fee.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, it's not, clearly AVB isn't being backed financially, certainly not to the extent required for a top European club. Also, Hazard is by no means a 'star signing' in the sense that Torres & Shevchenko were. So you can drop the negative connotations with the transfer fee.

Maybe because of the UEFA financial fair play rule taking effect this season?

Cause even City are not even spending this transfer window as Mancini complaints about his squad......

Anyways, since we are talking about this team, I want to know if anybody knows what has become of Douglas Costa and Alex Teixeira? They where good prospect a couple of years ago. Have they failed to produce?

Willian Borges da Silva – My Evalation

Position:

Willian can play anywhere upfront. His original position was CAM or SS, but he was transformed into LM while playing in Shakhtar. Why midfielder and not a winger? Because Shakhtar plays mostly 4-2-2 formation, so they »wingers« play a little bit deeper than ours. His current best position is LM/LAM/LW, because he can cut into his right foot. He can play as a good CAM really good, but you won't exploit his amazing pace playing him there. I think he would do all right on right side too, but that should be really in the case, if all our players are injured, because of his weak left foot.

Dribbling:

His dribbling ability is really impressive, but he can be big-headed sometimes and hold a ball too long or go to confidently in dribble.

For FIFA fans, he would definetly have 5 star skill moves in the game.

4/5

Ball control:

His first touch is classy, he can provide good pass even uder pressure. You will rarely see him making mistake in stopping the ball.

5/5

Passing:

Willian is creative player. His passes on the ground and through balls are great. But I'm afraid, that his passes over the top and crosses are solid at maximum.

4/5

Shooting:

His shooting is really inconsistent. It seems like hej ust kicks the ball and hopes for the best. Sometimes he scores, and even often he doesn't. He tries a lot with shots from distance. I think his problem lies in finishing. He is nothing special at free kicks and penalites.

3/5

Tackling:

He sometimes returns to the defence and tries to help his team-mates, but to be fair he isn't much of tackler and physically strong. But he deserves appreciation for helping in defence too.

2/5

Heading:

He is only 5'8'' tall, so don't expect him to jump in the air. You won't find him in penalty box, while having a corner.

2/5

Physical abilites:

His pace, agility and acceleration is really top class, he will cause many problems for opostion's full-backs, while playing on the wing. Balance and strenght of course aren't the best, but he doesn't need this while playing in attack. His stamina is all right and he can easily handle 90 minutes of the match.

4/5

Mental abilites:

Composed, concentrated, decisive, talented team player.

4/5

Price:

We could have him for £24 million and I think that's fair price, because Shakhtar bought him for a lot money from Brasil and he's best player in Ukrainian league at the moment. Also, this signing doesn't mean that we won't move for Hazard or Lucas in summer.

4/5

Transfer judgement: 3,5/5

Great evalutation, thank you.

The only thing I have to go with to judge Willian is Artinho's evaluation and some youtube clips, can't say I've been too impressed but if there is anything AVB has done perfectly so far it's his transfers, so I trust him.

And for god sakes people, we have no idea about the availability of Hazard. He might be untouchable for us as far as we know. Let's not jump to conclusions that our board aren't willing to pay extra 10 mil for him, we all know that money isn't really a problem for our loved russian.

your conclusions rarely follow the laws of logic ,,,only your pre conceived bias ,,,and since you raise the question of money ,,,notice

you dont support this forum ,,freeloader

Maybe because of the UEFA financial fair play rule taking effect this season?

Cause even City are not even spending this transfer window as Mancini complaints about his squad......

Anyways, since we are talking about this team, I want to know if anybody knows what has become of Douglas Costa and Alex Teixeira? They where good prospect a couple of years ago. Have they failed to produce?

All i know is that Arsenal just signed Douglas Costa on my FM career in my second season! They thought they could chalange me but my front three of Neymar El Nino Kakuta was just too much for them! He flopped!

lol you haven't got a clue what's happening regarding avb being backed so you can drop that idea straight away :o and I never said hazard was a star signing now did i? I said I was happy if its who avb wanted rather than a Roman " star signing"! So untwist your knickers and calm yourself

All i know is that Arsenal just signed Douglas Costa on my FM career in my second season! They thought they could chalange me but my front three of Neymar El Nino Kakuta was just too much for them! He flopped!

Cool, but I am noob on this FM. I really don't play video games much. My little brother has the latest FIFA...I think that's FIFA 12 or 11.

Do you play FM there? Or it's a total different game?

Thanks.

Cool, but I am noob on this FM. I really don't play video games much. My little brother has the latest FIFA...I think that's FIFA 12 or 11.

Do you play FM there? Or it's a total different game?

Thanks.

FM is short for "Football Manager". Where unlike Fifa you only play the manager, you therefore can only control the game with good tactics and players. It's very realistic for a video game. Also, many FM fanatics found out about players who became world class in the game way before they become one in real life. For instance, in FM 2006 (I think) Vincent Kompany became world class, even though few football fans knew who he was. I highly recommend the game.

FM is short for "Football Manager". Where unlike Fifa you only play the manager, you therefore can only control the game with good tactics and players. It's very realistic for a video game. Also, many FM fanatics found out about players who became world class in the game way before they become one in real life. For instance, in FM 2006 (I think) Vincent Kompany became world class, even though few football fans knew who he was. I highly recommend the game.

What she said ^

I'm supporting TX. He's 23 ( young) but has stayed far away from the Brazil squad. 2 apps? That is quite worrying. Lucas, Neymar and Hulk are all higher in the pecking order and would all be way better acquisitions IMO. Chelsea shouldn't be going for a 3rd rated player for Brazil, it's not a buy that is proportional with our aspirations. Clubs can get away with having a few 'lesser world-class' or rather unglamourised players in their team, but a winger is such a crucial position that we need to aim high. Let's not panic and fill the void in our wing with any old player. Nevertheless AVB does know his wingers, he did buy Rodriguez for Porto afterall :P Barca and Arsenal have been after him before and he is a quality player. I'm not a Willian expert in all honesty but when I've seen him play he's impressed but I want us to aim higher.

So if we can't get Hazard now then I say we go for players with the potential to reach a world-class bracket e.g Munain, Shaqiri, Lucas Ocampos. (Lucas M and Neymar seem to be off the market atm) If it it really is down to financial fairplay then the three aformentioned youngsters could certainly be brought at the same price if not less. If they make it, the benifits could probably be far greater than Willian IMO. Still Hazard is top choice atm, I'd pay an extra 10 million for Hazard anyday even if we let him stay at Lille until Summer. In the long term I think it would be best for us. Hopefully by then Kakuta will be back too and he'll have shown everybody what a special player he is.

Cool thanks. But FM how good is it for scouting in south america?

Is it mostly for Europe?

I would like to know how some players from my country stack. :)

Altough the one descent kid we got right now is in Spain. Jeffeson Montero playing for Betis on loan from Villareal.

To me he is more technical gifted then Antonio Valencia, but Valencia beats him with his physical attribute.

seems everybody always know better than our managers and scouts...it always amazes me how they get to see all these players.

It amazes me how Barcelona have all the ridiculously good players they have..but they do!

Is it mostly for Europe?

Altough the one descent kid we got right now is in Spain. Jeffeson Montero playing for Betis on loan from Villareal.

To me he is more technical gifted then Antonio Valencia, but Valencia beats him with his physical attribute.

I rarely play in a league in South America but I reckon it's just as good scouting wise, loads of great players come from there even though you don't play in that league. It's pretty hard to describe how the whole system work so I'm not sure how to explain it. You can check out the demo if you are interested in seeing how it works.

http://www.fm-base.c...-2012-demo.html

Is it mostly for Europe?

Ahem, I am a recent FM2012 convert and god it is sooooo addictive!

Yes the scouting is so good that there is rumours that real teams use it!

Everyone who plays knows about Willian as he is a very good and cheap "wonderkid"

9.5 out of 10!

http://footballmanagerstory.com/scout/2011/11/fm-2012-player-profile-willian/

http://footballmanagerstory.com/scout/2011/10/football-manager-2012-best-wonderkids-list/

Yes the scouting is so good that there is rumours that real teams use it!

Football Manager has been recognized by real-life football clubs as a source for scouting players. In 2008, Everton FC signed a deal with Sports Interactive allowing them to use the game's database to scout players and opposition.

http://www.eurogamer...anager-database