Chelsea Officially Signed Willian

Mata is not quick enough to play the wing against the super powers of football. He is more effective centra. That is the most obvious fact about Matas game. With Willian we now have 4 natural wingers in Hazard, Schurrle, Moses and Willian with KdB also capable of playing there. I'm fine with gaving that many options plus pissing of the Yid scum in the process.

This isn't our last signing either. Expect a striker almost certainly.

But it does not mean that Mata cannot play there. Look at Ozil. He is not quick but he does a good job when out wide. Mata can do same, despite lacking the pace. Yes, Willian will help us out wide but that is jumping to conclusions to think he is signing William because Mata cannot play out wide.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best option is to sell Moses and loan KdB. Our wingers were not wingers, KdB is a CAM, the same with Mata and Oscar.

MOses is a winger but he is not good enough.

Now we have Hazard and Willian that can create 1 vs 1 situations, we have Oscar and Mata who will play as CAM but they can play too as wingers if necessary, and we have Schurle that is a pure winger.

We will have a much more balanced squad with this players.

But we need a ST.

Oscar, KDB, Van Ginkel, Ramires doesn't affect Josh, Chalobah and RLC? You guys are even more naive than I thought.

Oscar and KDB would both start for almost any team in the World and would be on their way out if they aren't first choice which means we have to pigeon hole both players there if we want to keep both.

Literally two seconds ago you wanted us to sign a "DLP"; which would do exactly what you want us NOT to do.

And since when does signing Willian mean we won't sign a striker, even though Jose has said we'll definitely get one! Some deals take much longer than others, with Willian we knew the price Anzhi wanted so we matched it. With Rooney, De Rossi etc we have to negotiate

I think Abramovich hit Tottenham with this move (remember Levy's attitude when we wanted to sign Modric) and Mourinho hit Real Madrid (they won't be able to buy Bale at least for the moment). I think it's a double personal vendetta and I hope that they will be able to manage the consequences.

Oscar, KDB, Van Ginkel, Ramires doesn't affect Josh, Chalobah and RLC? You guys are even more naive than I thought.

Oscar and KDB would both start for almost any team in the World and would be on their way out if they aren't first choice which means we have to pigeon hole both players there if we want to keep both.

So yes Mou would rather play those two deeper rather than the aforementioned players.

Well considering Lamps, Essien, Mikel will likely be on there way out in the next few years, no it won't affect them

But it does not mean that Mata cannot play there. Look at Ozil. He is not quick but he does a good job when out wide. Mata can do same, despite lacking the pace. Yes, Willian will help us out wide but that is jumping to conclusions to think he is signing William because Mata cannot play out wide.

I didn't actually say that is why Willian was signed but Mata is average out wide. When I look at the Chelsea team I want to see skill, pace and power on the flanks with the genius of Mata in the middle. Then I feel we are capable of beating the likes of Madrid, Barca, Byern ect. Starting with Mata lw, rw against a side like City or Byern you know that flank is pretty much of no use to us throught out the game in terms of attacking directly. In Matas first season we saw that a lot.

I didn't actually say that is why Willian was signed but Mata is average out wide. When I look at the Chelsea team I want to see skill, pace and power on the flanks with the genius of Mata in the middle. Then I feel we are capable of beating the likes of Madrid, Barca, Byern ect. Starting with Mata lw, rw against a side like City or Byern you know that flank is pretty much of no use to us throught out the game in terms of attacking directly. In Matas first season we saw that a lot.

I was referring to BlueMourinhoKing who made that comment. I partly agree with you but ignore the Villa game, when Mata is out wide right for instance, he will not necessarily stay there. He will roam all about the pitch looking for the ball, dropping into holes and I think Mourinho still sees this in him and once Mata is fully match sharp I believe he would do a good job out there. Like Ozil, he sometimes will start off there but gradually interchange positions within the game.

Man City look like favourites for the league this season. Why? They have top quality players in every position and in depth. They have 4 or so strikers who would be undisputed #1 strikers for the majority of the other clubs in the world. Man City's strength is scoring goals, so they focus on goalscorers. Jovetic, Aguero, Dzeko, Negredo.

How did Juventus go about winning Serie A last season? By having the best defence record in the league, players being: Chiellini, Cáceres, Barzagli, Bonucci, Marrone.

Juve's strength is their defence and thus they've kept it packed with players to ensure injuries etc. won't be too costly.

Now a team who use the exact same formation as us and are best to compare to, favourites for the league this season, Bayern Munich: Thiago, Ribery, Robben, Shaqiri, Gotze, Muller, Kroos. That's 7.

You play to your strengths. Our strengths are mainly in retaining the ball and making a lot of passes in the opposition's box area (roughly). As it's our main strength, we must make sure that the players responsible for this strength are properly covered and up to scratch. Moses did a lot this pre-season, but half as much last season. We shouldn't pass up signing a should-be-superstar just because "Moses is a fine squad player". You don't win titles with a "fine" squad. You win titles with an exceptional squad.

Willian is a better player than Moses. So why not sign him?

Don't be scared of depth :ph34r:

This club is an embarassment at times. What an utterly pointless signing.

Thought the club was finally beyond insane deals like this. Seems not.

Another 4 or 5 careers wasted with this signing it seems. Chalobah, McEachran, Piazon, Loftus Cheek etc arent getting any chances anymore.

Pathetic.

sorry you have so little faith in our new coach ,,,The players you name are at least 3 years away from being regular starters . Sadly I can't see Josh

ever making the grade with us and I have doubts as well about Cheek