Wayne Rooney

J.F.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They can refuse to sell and there's nothing anyone can do about it, after all he did sign a contract with them. And honestly if it was our player angling for a move to a rival, we would all say he should not be sold under no circumstances. Not everyone is dumb like Arsenal.

We're going to have a tough time if this happens to be the case though, where is that Plan B?!

They can refuse to sell and there's nothing anyone can do about it, after all he did sign a contract with them. And honestly if it was our player angling for a move to a rival, we would all say he should not be sold under no circumstances. Not everyone is dumb like Arsenal.

We're going to have a tough time if this happens to be the case though, where is that Plan B?!

That's a damn good question. There isn't anyone out there I can think of. I was gonna say Suarez was the Plan B but obviously not.

Only positive here is that it's the Daily Fail reporting it and not a single reputable source. Does sound plausible though.

you really think glazer phoned henry and said "hey tell you what, we have known each other ages now, shall we stop the fuckers moving? ha yeah!!"

That's a damn good question. There isn't anyone out there I can think of. I was gonna say Suarez was the Plan B but obviously not.

Only positive here is that it's the Daily Fail reporting it and not a single reputable source. Does sound plausible though.

There isn't anyone because we let every single option sign for someone else. This stupid 'fight to the last day' to get Rooney should not be happening - we're dealing with a rival here, try to conclude the deal early, and if they're adamant on not selling, move on to someone else.

All we've done is put all our eggs in one basket and we will either fail to get the player and go into the season with these extremely unimpressive strikers, or pay a ridiculous amount to get him out of desperation, a la Torres. Sigh.

There isn't anyone because we let every single option sign for someone else. This stupid 'fight to the last day' to get Rooney should not be happening - we're dealing with a rival here, try to conclude the deal early, and if they're adamant on not selling, move on to someone else.

All we've done is put all our eggs in one basket and we will either fail to get the player and go into the season with these extremely unimpressive strikers, or pay a ridiculous amount to get him out of desperation, a la Torres. Sigh.

Agreed.

Just offer £35-40m and be done with it.

they don't need a replacement, they need signings to one bolster their cenrtral midfiled and a possible left back. They have RvP, Hernandez and Welbeck up top without Rooney.....replacing Rooney is a myth, he spent a lot of last season trying to make up for areas they lack in......midfield.

Hernandez can't lead a line and Welbeck is wack... They need someone who is capable of leading the line at a high level if they lose Rooney, CM is what they are after but only because they plan on keeping him I would think

Dude, the guy has an amazing body. I do not see anything Gay about saying that a guy has an incredible body. Not like I asked him out, just was complimenting him for looking damn buff and good. If he came to us looking like that, our physio staff would be drooling to work with him I assure you.

Rooney_Graphic_1756729a.jpg

Have to admit, am a bit anxious to learn how Mourinho will deal with the striker situation. Lukaku, who's likely to start against Hull, is not yet the finished product. Hopefully he can keep his goal-scoring form intact, and won't show the naivety he did against Madrid. Torres is still largely untested under Mourinho, and there's not much evidence yet to show that he has improved his game. Ba looks like a completely different player from the one that played for Newcastle. Tbh though, he was always going to be a squad player, moving into the second striker role or playing in the wing when necessary.

Mourinho did indicate at the start of the season that he wanted a striker that would drop deep to collect the ball like Drogba did, and I wonder how he'll cope without that kind of forward. Maybe play Mata in that role?

you really think glazer phoned henry and said "hey tell you what, we have known each other ages now, shall we stop the fuckers moving? ha yeah!!"

no! more like what if they adopt the same stance as liverlol (and suarez)....or like what daniel levy did with us and modric even though he wanted to leave

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You