Wayne Rooney

J.F.

Lukaku was playing that high up against Malaysia simply because of the poor defending by the Malaysians. He won't ever get nearly that much space to exploit in the PL.

Didn't he get a ton of space while playing at West Brom?

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The striker will never be the focal point of our attack, imo. His main job will always be to link-up and create spaces with his movement for the attacking midfielders to exploit.

l agree and of course our mids are our main threat but Roo offers everything. Hes a threat inside and outside the box. Last season a ball whipped into the box was a waste of time,a cross even more So but Roo would be all over that

Didn't he get a ton of space while playing at West Brom?

Exactly. At West Brom, not at Chelsea. How many teams in the PL last season tried to go all out attacking, press high and leave spaces behind the defense against us?

l agree and of course our mids are our main threat but Roo offers everything. Hes a threat inside and outside the box. Last season a ball whipped into the box was a waste of time,a cross even more So but Roo would be all over that

Agree on all of the above, but I just don't think he'll be the 'star' of our attack if he comes. He can definitely make a difference like grab the only goal in a scrappy 1-0 away win for example. But I doubt we'll shape our attack around him like United did with RVP or Liverpool with Suarez.

Rooney is valuable because he gives Jose tactical options that none of our current strikers can provide. He is obviously versatile and can play all over midfield and attack (except DM obviously), and he's also the perfect second striker and gives Jose the option to play with two strikers as a plan B like he has been talking about. And obviously he will be an improvement to the players we currently have. The 24m we're willing to pay for him are not just about improving us but weakening united who rely on him a lot.

Lukaku was playing that high up against Malaysia simply because of the poor defending by the Malaysians. He won't ever get nearly that much space to exploit in the PL.

I disagree. Lukaku can create much space for himself as we saw with WB, last year.

As for Roonski, 24m won´t cut it. Perhaps, close to 30m might do it.

As I already said, Jose is not dumb to go for Rooney. He will score much more than BA or Torres.

Link please? :D

Starsport understands the champions want to make a marquee signing before letting Rooney go - and have told the Blues to hold off making a second bid until then.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/328334/EXCLUSIVE-Man-Utd-will-sign-Cesc-Fabregas-then-sell-Wayne-Rooney-to-Chelsea

Rooney odds-on for for Chelsea switch

http://www.espn.co.uk/betting/sport/story/224311.html?CMP=OTC-RSS

Starsport understands the champions want to make a marquee signing before letting Rooney go - and have told the Blues to hold off making a second bid until then.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/328334/EXCLUSIVE-Man-Utd-will-sign-Cesc-Fabregas-then-sell-Wayne-Rooney-to-Chelsea

Rooney odds-on for for Chelsea switch

http://www.espn.co.uk/betting/sport/story/224311.html?CMP=OTC-RSS

What happens if they are not able to make a marquee signing? :)

If there is any chance, I see this happening only after the United game at OT and that too if Mr Rooney opens his mouth expressing that he wants to move. Otherwise with every passing day it is becoming another Modric saga. :(

Seriously, I don't see any reasons why Fabregas want to leave Barca and join MU, at the moment. All rumours about him are pure speculation, in my opinion.

No assurance about regular starting for Barca, that is pretty much it. Also it is world cup next year and he want to play regularly so he could get into Spain team starting 11. At the moment Xavi/Iniesta is occupying his fav position so he can't play there as much as he likes while at MU he would just start about every single match there.

No assurance about regular starting for Barca, that is pretty much it. Also it is world cup next year and he want to play regularly so he could get into Spain team starting 11. At the moment Xavi/Iniesta is occupying his fav position so he can't play there as much as he likes while at MU he would just start about every single match there.

Same situation Rooney has.

And whenever we've won the PL, our strikers had barely scored 30% of our goals. Chelsea have relied on various sources for goal for a very long time now and that trend is only increasing with the type of attacking midfielders we're getting. Rooney will definitely be a boost, but he will never be to us what RVP was for united last season.

In 04-06 we could do that because Drogba sacrificed himself for the good of the team, meaning the players behind him could hit silly goal figures, but since Mourinho left we have only had one season off an fully in form forward and that has coincidentally been the only season since we have won the league.

As I stated earlier, that he is threatened for regular starting at Barca was most likely speculated by media, unless Barca signed any new midfielder. Barca even have offloaded Thiago. The situation and condition are mostly the same, if not better, since he arrived. Why now his position threatened, but at the past years he wasn't? He even make it as a starting XI for Spain 'false 9' in Euro 2012 instead.

I don't see why people are opposed to this. Who better is available? Look at City, they wanted Falcao and Cavani and ended up with Negredo and Jovetic :lol:

Who are both fine players and would improve us, we were after them both too and failed in both and I agree, people are thinking as if we got the luxury of choosing from a pool of top class strikers. Look at Arsenal, who just lost Higuain to Napoli and Suarez who they are trying to make a fool out of themselves while trying to sign him. Spurs's target is Soldado who is 28 years old and will cost 30m euros according to Valencia president.

Now we got Rooney left to sign or go for Suarez for around £50m.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You