Chelsea 0-0 Copenhagen

I don't see us messing this up so the best thing to do here would be to rest a few players. Can't remember the day where our line-up didn't feature Lampard, Essien and Cole (would add Terry to that list but with Alex out and Luiz not being able to play, he has to play). They should be rested as we are about to enter the most crucial part of our season, McEachran, Mikel and Bertrand/Zhirkov being their replacements.

Think we should switch back to 4-3-3 for this one:

Cech

Bosingwa - Ivanovic - Terry - Bertrand/Zhirkov

Mikel

Ramires - McEachran

Kalou - Torres - Yuri/Louda

This is actually a very good idea :)

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cech

Mikel

Ramires - McEachran

Agree, would look good (except Kalou)

However, I fear switching to 4-3-3 will confuse the players. Let's be fair, they're not the best at adapting to changes :lol: . Don't think McEachran will start either, I say Lampard - Ramires then sub off Ramires at half time (if we've got a lead). Cole should definitely be rested and Drogba should not step foot on the pitch at all. If a sub needs to be made on the frontline let it be Anelka.

@ LDN

You're right about our players and changes but this being the 4-3-3 formation that has become 'our own' formation, i doubt there would be any kind of confusion.

I went with Kalou because Anelka offers us nothing (we actually need) from the right-wing. I'd rather have Kalou, who can be frustrating, but at least he has the will to run on the ball, doesn't drift to the centre of the pitch constantly and he's a lot more direct.

@ MetsajCFC

Thanks.

The management of the club are treading a fine line between fine business acumen and being a joke. I'll take the latter stance, since they are pricing real fans out of Stamford Bridge and replacing them with tourists in the West Upper...

Its rediclous.Be okay if say before tickets were £40 and they've gone up to £45 but they bloody havent.Were pricey before for god sakes!! Hapiily go to knock out stages,£30 aint to bad but £52 or whatever and postage and all sod that!

I don't see us messing this up so the best thing to do here would be to rest a few players. Can't remember the day where our line-up didn't feature Lampard, Essien and Cole (would add Terry to that list but with Alex out and Luiz not being able to play, he has to play). They should be rested as we are about to enter the most crucial part of our season, McEachran, Mikel and Bertrand/Zhirkov being their replacements.

Cech

Mikel

Ramires - McEachran

¨

I doubt that will happen, Ancelotti said in danish tv studio after the match that he had lost a CL finale in 45 min after being in front 3-0 so he wouldn't start with a lesser team.

¨

I doubt that will happen, Ancelotti said in danish tv studio after the match that he had lost a CL finale in 45 min after being in front 3-0 so he wouldn't start with a lesser team.

I bet he still has nightmares about that. It's a shame though, would have been nice to see Josh get 90 minutes.

I'm with Carlo on this one. Leaving our key players on the bench would be too much of a risk, Copenhagen have nothing to lose so I expect them attempting to score.

Nothing is impossible in football; if Copenhagen gets an early goal then the pressure increases and God knows what might happen. We must score first, then play our game.

If we'd be drawn against Barca or Real Madrid for this round, no one would be complaining about the £56. Can't really blame the club for it, as it was the price structure that was announced last summer. Stop complaining.

I'm with Carlo on this one. Leaving our key players on the bench would be too much of a risk, Copenhagen have nothing to lose so I expect them attempting to score.

Putting on our star players would be a sensible idea. Copenhagen will want to beat us regardless of the situation. If we are 2-0 up at half time, with the aggregate score of 4-0, then I would say bring on the likes of McEachran for Lampard. At the end of the day, we need to rest some players for when we face City the following weekend because that will be a tough game.

If we'd be drawn against Barca or Real Madrid for this round, no one would be complaining about the £56. Can't really blame the club for it, as it was the price structure that was announced last summer. Stop complaining.

Its not Barca or Real Madrid though is it? It's Copenhagen and with all respect to them it shouldnt be a category A fixture, especially considering the result of the first leg.

The difference is only a fiver anyway so it probably wouldnt change much.

Its not Barca or Real Madrid though is it? It's Copenhagen and with all respect to them it shouldnt be a category A fixture, especially considering the result of the first leg.

The difference is only a fiver anyway so it probably wouldnt change much.

And how wrong and disrespectful to Copenhagen would it have been if we had changed our entire pricing structure, pre-determined in the summer, because its 'just' Copenhagen.

And how wrong and disrespectful to Copenhagen would it have been if we had changed our entire pricing structure, pre-determined in the summer, because its 'just' Copenhagen.

Well thats what I'm saying, the ticket policy/pricing structure for league and CL knockout games needs an overhaul IMO.

McEachran/Bertrand won't start but I can see either of them getting ~20 minutes as the ManCity game (which follows this one) is vital to our battle for securing the 4th place.

3rd place if we beat City and win our game in hand over them, without losing in the mean-time! ^_^