Carlo's job safe?

chrismada9

Roman Abramovich will carry on spending as Chelsea rebuild their ageing squad this summer.

After funding the £74million January recruitment drive for Fernando Torres and David Luiz, the ­Russian billionaire accepts his Blue revolution is not yet complete.

Abramovich has no intention of parting company with manager Carlo Ancelotti.

In fact he intends to renegotiate a new contract with the Italian who will only have a year left on his present deal come the summer.

------------------------------------

Source: Mirror Football

Well it's good that Roman has faith in Carlo!! :smiliecap1:

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roman Abramovich will carry on spending as Chelsea rebuild their ageing squad this summer.

After funding the £74million January recruitment drive for Fernando Torres and David Luiz, the ­Russian billionaire accepts his Blue revolution is not yet complete.

Abramovich has no intention of parting company with manager Carlo Ancelotti.

In fact he intends to renegotiate a new contract with the Italian who will only have a year left on his present deal come the summer.

Source: Mirror Football

Well it's good that Roman has faith in Carlo!! :smiliecap1:

Roman can say what ever he wants right now but lets be honest here. Other managers have gone for a lot less then what he has. If we make the champions league next season or not will determine whether or not he is our manager next season.

That's a fair shout! I guess it all depends whether the tide is turned for us by the end of the season. Ancelotti would have helped us get fourth or even 3rd place in the league, but I suppose it doesn't really say much for his future. Just look at Ranieri!

I actually think this is a great thing to know about this because at least Roman still has faith in Carlo and that he wants him to carry on until the end of the season at least.

On the other hand, I'm struggling to think who would actually replace Carlo if he did have to leave! Everyone would say they would love to see Mourinho back, but much as he dreams about a return to the Premier League, I don't see it happening to be honest.

Do no get me wrong i want Carlo to stay more then anyone, i have much respect for him. But if he cannot get us out of this "bad moment" then Roman will have no choice but to make a call on the situation and we all know what that will be.

He's hardly covered himself in glory this season has he. If we don't qualify for the UCL he's gone unless we win the UCL this season. If we qualify for the UCL but don't win the UCL this season, he might be gone anyway. We've been awful this season.

I think Carlo can make us great. Even if we loose to Copenhagen and finish 5th... keep him on... yes we haven't won anything but I think we need some consistency in the club. We've seen him do the double FFS he's been unlucky with staff changes and injuries this year... Think he's class TBH, keep him on whatever happens!

I'm sure when Carlo arrived, the press muted that his contract was a two year deal with the OPTION of a third if all parties agreed. (Basically due to how long Mourinho, Grant, Scolari stayed into four year contracts). Does that ring a bell for anyone or am I just imagining?

Personally I think Carlo should be given next season, whatever the outcome of this. As fans, we are so hypocritical. We criticize other clubs for hastily getting rid of managers and yet a lot of us want to sack the manager that delivered us the double because of a poor run.

Make no doubt about it - we WILL be back. And Carlo deserves the opportunity to take us there.

I'm sure when Carlo arrived, the press muted that his contract was a two year deal with the OPTION of a third if all parties agreed. (Basically due to how long Mourinho, Grant, Scolari stayed into four year contracts). Does that ring a bell for anyone or am I just imagining?

Personally I think Carlo should be given next season, whatever the outcome of this. As fans, we are so hypocritical. We criticize other clubs for hastily getting rid of managers and yet a lot of us want to sack the manager that delivered us the double because of a poor run.

Make no doubt about it - we WILL be back. And Carlo deserves the opportunity to take us there.

Couldn't agree more..

I think Carlo can make us great. Even if we loose to Copenhagen and finish 5th... keep him on... yes we haven't won anything but I think we need some consistency in the club. We've seen him do the double FFS he's been unlucky with staff changes and injuries this year... Think he's class TBH, keep him on whatever happens!

Continuity is key. Look what happened to SA Ferguson.

We do need some continuity, and Carlos name should be sung next couple of games.

How I see it, Abramovich has kept him up till now, and probably will do because hes no trouble, a YES man.

As far as I am concerned, most managers at Chelsea , and most managers generally are surplus anyway.

I beleive, as with Grant, that the players won the double last season in spite of Ancellotti. The same players now are responsible for the present predicament.

Bottom line you cant have a strong manager with personality and an autocratic hands on owner for any length of time.

I hope to God that Ancelotti isn't sacked. No matter how poor this season has been, we need a bit of continuity at this club. And if finishing fourth, without any trophies, means we get to see a £100 million squad overhaul, I'll honestly be quite happy.

Now personally I think this is a load of bullshit, but I'm sure the "Carlo out" lot will enjoy having a talk about it.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/notw/public/nol_public_news/1226954/Carlo-Ancelotti-on-brink-as-Chelsea-target-Mark-Hughes.html?CMP=SOCjam_TW_NOTW

Now NOTW doesn't let you read the full story but it is paraphrased here; http://www.chelsea.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=522270

Do you think Hughes would be an adequate replacement? Or, like me, do you think we should stick by Ancelotti?