Carlo's job safe?

chrismada9

Jack Rodwell made his first competitive début at 17. He played his first 90minutes at 17. He scored his first goal at 17.

Now he's considered a very hot prospect in the league, with United chasing him. The point? The Wilshere model isn't the only one that young players should be following.

5-6 months passed between each of those moments.

Now it's 5 months since Josh made his debut. If I'm right Josh has already played 3 times for the full 90 minutes.

The difference between Rodwell and Josh is huge in their physical appearance.(I know that Jack is older but still.)

Just compare Conor Clifford and Josh. If Conor was as talented as Josh then he would be the candidate to play more.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well can you give me articles where it says Mourinho wants to come back and that he loves Chelsea???

Sure it been al over the Media, in Special after the Number 9 Problem at Madrid... He Cleary said it... He is going Back to England No matter where.

The 'Special One' lifted the Premier League title with Chelsea in 2005 and now wants to "rediscover the joy" of managing in England.

Speculation is growing about his future at Real Madrid after reports of a strained relationship with president Jorge Valdano.

And Mourinho has refused to confirm he'll be in Spain next season.

Last night he paved the way for his return by confirming: "I've decided to return to England. I have nothing prepared about my future – I just want to be happy in my work.

"I have no preferences about Manchester United, Manchester City or Chelsea. I just want to rediscover the joy.

"I'm not saying the Premier League is the most spectacular in the world but it is the best organised… the fair play and the enormous respect for your opponent."

He was Clear the only team he will never coach in England is Liverpool....

I do Belive.. is Posible... he return, but most of all.. Depends of Roman

And Mou´s Love for Chelsea is not a Problem... Cleary Chelsea is the Team of his hearth....He will never said no to Chelsea for any other team... But like I said Depends on Roman.. and if he is Willing to offer the job again.. I thing his Return Will boost so much this team the Fans and most of all the players...

Guest justin_3d

Sure it been al over the Media, in Special after the Number 9 Problem at Madrid... He Cleary said it... He is going Back to England No matter where.

He was Clear the only team he will never coach in England is Livepool.... I do Belive.. is Posible... But most of all.. Depends of Roman

Yeah but it says here:

"I have no preferences about Manchester United, Manchester City or Chelsea.

It does not says he wants to come to Chelsea???

Also this:

By Telegraph staff and agencies 7:58AM BST 28 Jul 2009

At 67, Ferguson knows he cannot continue indefinitely, even though he is presently fit and healthy and has no intention of giving up a job he has held for almost 23 years.

United chief executive David Gill knows finding a suitable alternative will be the single most difficult task he will face given the success Ferguson has enjoyed with the Old Trafford outfit, and now Mourinho, currently manager of Italian champions Inter Milan, has issued a 'come and get me' plea.

"I would consider going to Manchester United but United have to consider if they want me to succeed Sir Alex Ferguson," he said. "If they do, then of course.

"I like England, where the fans are very passionate and make the game a beautiful occasion with such an incredible atmosphere."

The Portuguese coach's name has frequently been linked with replacing Ferguson since he left Chelsea and the 46-year-old certainly has the charisma required to take on one of football's most challenging jobs and is unlikely to be overwhelmed by the task of replacing the most successful British manager of all time.

I think he rather go to United, right?

And more is shown here:

"At Porto my objective was to win to earn the right to go abroad. At Chelsea my ambition was to create a bit of history. But I always knew Chelsea lacked the normal English culture of stability.

"I was never under any illusions. I understood the personality of Roman and the culture of the people around him [Mourinho carefully exempted Peter Kenyon, the outgoing chief executive, from this] and knew it was not a job for 10 years.

"My role was to give this man what he wanted – victory – knowing that sooner or later my time would finish because there were too many things going on around me."

This tells me he want a club with stability and that's a club like United and not Chelsea, since we fire coaches left and right.

Yeah but it says here:

"I have no preferences about Manchester United, Manchester City or Chelsea.

It does not says he wants to come to Chelsea???

Also this:

I think he rather go to United, right?

And more is shown here:

"At Porto my objective was to win to earn the right to go abroad. At Chelsea my ambition was to create a bit of history. But I always knew Chelsea lacked the normal English culture of stability.

"I was never under any illusions. I understood the personality of Roman and the culture of the people around him [Mourinho carefully exempted Peter Kenyon, the outgoing chief executive, from this] and knew it was not a job for 10 years.

"My role was to give this man what he wanted – victory – knowing that sooner or later my time would finish because there were too many things going on around me."

This tells me he want a club with stability and that's a club like United and not Chelsea, since we fire coaches left and right.

Yes I know he said thing about United, City... but.. Remember He can not said he want to came back to chelsea si Clear... He respect Anchelotti but.... You know he will never Change Chelsea for United if both Jobs will be avaible.. And Also Thing may Chance since he left Chelsea.... Kenyon is not there... Arnese is not there... perhaps Those Chances and the way Roman had felt Chelsea After Mou left is something Good... of Course there is so mucho behind that we never know...

Guest justin_3d

Yes I know he said thing about United, City... but.. Remember He can not said he want to came back to chelsea si Clear... He respect Anchelotti but.... You know he will never Change Chelsea for United if both Jobs will be avaible.. And Also Thing may Chance since he left Chelsea.... Kenyon is not there... Arnese is not there... perhaps Those Chances and the way Roman had felt Chelsea After Mou left is something Good... of Course there is so mucho behind that we never know...

hmmm I will hold my breath and see what happens.

For me the only manager i ever liked since i was small was Guus.

And yes the stats says Mourinho is the best in the world, but for me Guus will always be the best. :)

Now second guy who comes close to Guus is Marcelo Bielsa. Men that guy is good. I rate him higher then Carlo and Mourinho. Cause what he did with Chile is something only the great Guus would have done.

But Bielsa is more passionate and will not want to work with Roman.

It is why after Carlo there is no option other then Mourinho. But that's if Roman and Mourinho wants to come back. If not there is no better then Carlo IMO.

hmmm I will hold my breath and see what happens.

For me the only manager i ever liked since i was small was Guus.

And yes the stats says Mourinho is the best in the world, but for me Guus will always be the best. :)

Now second guy who comes close to Guus is Marcelo Bielsa. Men that guy is good. I rate him higher then Carlo and Mourinho. Cause what he did with Chile is something only the great Guus would have done.

But Bielsa is more passionate and will not want to work with Roman.

It is why after Carlo there is no option other then Mourinho. But that's if Roman and Mourinho wants to come back. If not there is no better then Carlo IMO.

I aggred with U in everything....

We just have to wait and see.. and if We have to make a Chance... is Guus or Mou otherwise... Keep Carlo... is Stupid to Remove him if it´s note for someone better... But I´m Sure Guus or Mou will make impact... Mou more than Guus

Guest justin_3d

I aggred with U in everything....

We just have to wait and see.. and if We have to make a Chance... is Guus or Mou otherwise... Keep Carlo... is Stupid to Remove him if it´s note for someone better... But I´m Sure Guus or Mou will make impact... Mou more than Guus

Yeah but Guus is out of the picture as he said he is old, and wants to only coach nationals and not club.

So that leaves us with Mourinho and Carlo.

That all depends on the owner and coach wants.

But Carlo keeps talking about Roma...

I still would like to see if Roman can convince Bielsa to come.

Bielsa is a better tactician then Carlo, and he plays the sexy football that Roman wants and work with youth.

But it all falls on what the man of Chelsea wants.

If it was me, I would put Bielsa in the summer or after Carlo contract is over. Marcelo Bielsa is the man to lead a club that wants to produce more youth. That guy is better then Carlo and Mourinho.

Guest justin_3d

This Biesla fella you keep talking of. What has he won exactly? What league experience does he have? Can he even speak English?

Nope, but he is just like Guus.

I don't think he can speak English but he can learn like Carlo.

I think you need to see Chile in the South America WC qualifier. His team was awesome. Chile was from last place to one of the best because of this man.

Before you mention Scolari, him and his Brazil was a shame in the South American WC. He won that WC because there was a lot of faults from ref. that helped that team.

If you did not saw the great tactician he is, i suggest you watch Spain vs Chile in the last World Cup. Chile was the only team, and i mean the only team to go head to head with Spain in football attacking. He did this with a limited team, as Guus did with Korea and Australia.

Why it's illogical??

Because you said both managers are as good as what they have. That is completely false and insanely ignorant towards Jose'. Considering what he accomplished at Porto. I don't know why your talking about youth all of a sudden, because that statement is far too broad.

Guest justin_3d

Because you said both managers are as good as what they have. That is completely false and insanely ignorant towards Jose'. Considering what he accomplished at Porto. I don't know why your talking about youth all of a sudden, because that statement is far too broad.

Yes at Porto, and that's that. Nothing at Chelsea, Inter or Real Madrid.

Has not shown much for youth other then spend.

And neither has Carlo.

Guest justin_3d

Technically, Jose' is a better coach than Carlo. Mourinho earned the right to manage economically rich clubs.

And the same can be said about Guus and Marcelo Bielsa......

Until i see Mourinho and Carlo work more with youth like Wenger i will not change my mind, and will continue to hold Guus and Bielsa very high.

Mourinho is not coming back why is this even being discussed.

of course you are right ...Roman would have to admit he made a mistake and I just can't see that happening ..For the same reason no return for

Ranieri or Wilkins , Pity cos Carlo needs a good assistant .. A second point why Jose won't be back , if he was asked he would demand complete

control as he is in a strong bargaining position and Roman wouldnt agree to those conditions . Best we can hope for that Roman stops listening

to his advisors and leaves football matters to the coach.

Guest justin_3d

of course you are right ...Roman would have to admit he made a mistake and I just can't see that happening ..For the same reason no return for

Ranieri or Wilkins , Pity cos Carlo needs a good assistant .. A second point why Jose won't be back , if he was asked he would demand complete

control as he is in a strong bargaining position and Roman wouldnt agree to those conditions . Best we can hope for that Roman stops listening

to his advisors and leaves football matters to the coach.

It is why he rather go to United, cause he can control everything there like SAF....

And the same can be said about Guus and Marcelo Bielsa......

Until i see Mourinho and Carlo work more with youth like Wenger i will not change my mind, and will continue to hold Guus and Bielsa very high.

Wenger is extremely overrated.

3 Premier league titles in 15 years.

It is why he rather go to United, cause he can control everything there like SAF....

That privilege is exclusive to Ferguson, once he leaves it will all change.

Guest justin_3d

Wenger is extremely overrated.

3 Premier league titles in 15 years.

But he continuously work with youth and produces stars. Not to mention that he maintain the club at top lvls with such little spending. Something hard to do.

While people like Carlo and Mourinho only complaint to get more money to buy more players.....Can't fill the shoes of coaches like Wenger, Guus, and Bielsa that work with what they have without so much complaining.