Carlo's job safe?

chrismada9

Are people still blaming the sacking of Wilkins? I completely agree with using that as an excuse a reason for the three or four games immediately after that, but three months on? Unless the players are a bunch of pussies, I doubt it.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are people still blaming the sacking of Wilkins? I completely agree with using that as an excuse a reason for the three or four games immediately after that, but three months on? Unless the players are a bunch of pussies, I doubt it.

Thank you! :clap:

Guest justin_3d

Quote of the week:

Patience with managers pays off - Ferguson

That is dam right. However i know Carlo will not stay long with us because he wants to go back to Roma. So for me the best thing is for Carlo to stay for four more years. Since Mourinho wants to comeback to Chelsea some day and Carlo to return to Roma, then the best scenario i see is for Mourinho to finish his 5 year contract at Real Madrid, and Carlo to do the same time here till it's time for him to go to Roma.

I still believe Carlo can help us win the CL, and he is doing good in buying Ramires and David Luiz. No matter what happens this season, that is the best thing that can happen; Carlo not getting sack. Carlo should stay for the amount of years Mourinho is at Real Madrid....if it's the case that Mourinho wants to come back and Roman wants him.

Hence Carlo should be kept beyond the summer. This will at least gives us some good stability, till the current manager is ready enough to part company toward Roma.

Guest justin_3d

I do like the fact that he seems to have a long term system in place to get the most out of Torres. His tactics last night showed us that he is willing to change things at last........

Dude is not about winning one game.

It's about stability.

I was confident we would win. Just check my argument for why Chelsea can win the CL.

Carlo is a good coach. Just the players have drop in form, and firing Ray has not help. Because there is no way that the same team that was coached by Carlo at the start of the season go so bad, and make Carlo a bad coach.

That is just the glory hunters that want win win all the time.

SAF is the best coach the EPL has seen, and he is right when he says patience is the key.

I quote him to say:

"But what is success? You could have a team who finishes in the top three or four every season and get to the final of a cup competition but don't go on and win it.

"I don't think that is failure. That is relative success. You have kept your team in a competitive situation throughout the season. You are in Europe and contesting the Champions League."

The man is right, and it is why glory hunters only ask for Carlo head. He did good last season, and this season is not over.

I know Carlo wants to move to Roma some day, and likewise for Mourinho over here. But that's not now, and should not be in the summer. People should respect their contracts. And that's what Mourinho has to do at Real Madrid.

Carlo for 4 or 3 more years should be the thing to do. No matter what happens this season.

I can see your point and agree with the stability thing, but if we do not get in the top 4 this year and do not win the CL is that really acceptable for a manager that has that squad and the second biggest wage bill in the league (after City)???.

Re: Ferguson - he got the job at Man U in a different era - his record in the 1st year was terrible (there was talk of them being relegated at some stage). Sure look at him now and has done fantasically well but football is different in todays climate, managers are under much more pressure due to the money involved. They do not get a season to prove themselves - that is the nature of the game I am afraid.

Dude is not about winning one game.

It's about stability.

I was confident we would win. Just check my argument for why Chelsea can win the CL.

Carlo is a good coach. Just the players have drop in form, and firing Ray has not help. Because there is no way that the same team that was coached by Carlo at the start of the season go so bad, and make Carlo a bad coach.

That is just the glory hunters that want win win all the time.

SAF is the best coach the EPL has seen, and he is right when he says patience is the key.

I quote him to say:

"But what is success? You could have a team who finishes in the top three or four every season and get to the final of a cup competition but don't go on and win it.

"I don't think that is failure. That is relative success. You have kept your team in a competitive situation throughout the season. You are in Europe and contesting the Champions League."

The man is right, and it is why glory hunters only ask for Carlo head. He did good last season, and this season is not over.

I know Carlo wants to move to Roma some day, and likewise for Mourinho over here. But that's not now, and should not be in the summer. People should respect their contracts. And that's what Mourinho has to do at Real Madrid.

Carlo for 4 or 3 more years should be the thing to do. No matter what happens this season.

Guest justin_3d

I can see your point and agree with the stability thing, but if we do not get in the top 4 this year and do not win the CL is that really acceptable for a manager that has that squad and the second biggest wage bill in the league (after City)???.

Re: Ferguson - he got the job at Man U in a different era - his record in the 1st year was terrible (there was talk of them being relegated at some stage). Sure look at him now and has done fantasically well but football is different in todays climate, managers are under much more pressure due to the money involved. They do not get a season to prove themselves - that is the nature of the game I am afraid.

That has all to do because of the glory hunters that expect win win every game. Sad but the truth.

And no we will not stay below the top 4, or do bad in the CL.

If for some reason that scenario happens, then Carlo still should continue.

Why? Because the board knows it was their fault in firing Ray, and having a team in transition does not help. We where to use youngsters, but it turned out they where not ready and that left us with a thin squad that was over work.

So regardless Carlo should stay for a few more years till everything is settle with him moving back to Roma.

I don't agree that our young players were not good enough this year

Josh Mc was MOM in recent England U21 game, we have been crying out for a bit of creativity in Midfield as Frank is sadly coming towards the end of his career. With Yossi injured Josh should have at least started a few Prem games, look at his performance against Ipswich

Sturridge has proven he is good enough at Bolton but Prior to that he scored was it 5 reserve goals and 2 against Ipswich then found himself out of the side

Bruma showed against Villa he was more than capable of holding his own and that own goal was a foul against him by Heskey.

I'm still torn on my opinion of Carlo, yes he won the league last year and they sacked Wilkins behind his back but the league does not lie and we have already lost 7 games that is not acceptable.

By the end of the season he will have had 2 seasons with us - lets reserve judgement till then..

That has all to do because of the glory hunters that expect win win every game. Sad but the truth.

And no we will not stay below the top 4, or do bad in the CL.

If for some reason that scenario happens, then Carlo still should continue.

Why? Because the board knows it was their fault in firing Ray, and having a team in transition does not help. We where to use youngsters, but it turned out they where not ready and that left us with a thin squad that was over work.

So regardless Carlo should stay for a few more years till everything is settle with him moving back to Roma.

Guest justin_3d

I don't agree that our young players were not good enough this year

Josh Mc was MOM in recent England U21 game, we have been crying out for a bit of creativity in Midfield as Frank is sadly coming towards the end of his career. With Yossi injured Josh should have at least started a few Prem games, look at his performance against Ipswich

Sturridge has proven he is good enough at Bolton but Prior to that he scored was it 5 reserve goals and 2 against Ipswich then found himself out of the side

Bruma showed against Villa he was more than capable of holding his own and that own goal was a foul against him by Heskey.

I'm still torn on my opinion of Carlo, yes he won the league last year and they sacked Wilkins behind his back but the league does not lie and we have already lost 7 games that is not acceptable.

By the end of the season he will have had 2 seasons with us - lets reserve judgement till then..

Well that depends on the manager. As neither Carlo or Mourinho are Wengers...in the type that they are more better in working with youth.

So can't expect miracles men.

And last as I said only for glory hunters a 7 game lost in not acceptable. I seen worse run then that with SAF. And not to mention Wenger making bad runs as well.

But still they are good coaches.

You have to realize that no manager is perfect. There are few Mourinhos and SAF in the world. After that most coaches will have good years and bad years.

I mean heck even the manager I liked the most Guus did bad in Real Madrid and got sack.

Real Madrid is full of glory hunters because they won so much in the past and get new fans that just want win win. Same thing is happening with Chelsea now!

I started watching Chelsea under Ian Porterfield - so trust me mate I am no glory hunter!!

I can see your pro Carlo but at the end of the day it is Roman's opinion that will matter most....

Well that depends on the manager. As neither Carlo or Mourinho are Wengers...in the type that they are more better in working with youth.

So can't expect miracles men.

And last as I said only for glory hunters a 7 game lost in not acceptable. I seen worse run then that with SAF. And not to mention Wenger making bad runs as well.

But still they are good coaches.

You have to realize that no manager is perfect. There are few Mourinhos and SAF in the world. After that most coaches will have good years and bad years.

I mean heck even the manager I liked the most Guus did bad in Real Madrid and got sack.

Real Madrid is full of glory hunters because they won so much in the past and get new fans that just want win win. Same thing is happening with Chelsea now!

Guest justin_3d

I started watching Chelsea under Ian Porterfield - so trust me mate I am no glory hunter!!

I can see your pro Carlo but at the end of the day it is Roman's opinion that will matter most....

Alright then, why you talking bad about Carlo being unacceptable when doing bad in his second season?

If you did support back then and now, then your mentality has changed. Cause even you forget that the great Guus that everyone wanted did bad in la liga like Carlo is doing.

And he got sack because people are like you, they loose patience.

When the great SAF says that patience is the key.

Carlo and Guus are good coaches. Is the fans and board that are nothing but impatient people that don't give room and time to develop something good.

And I am not pro Carlo. The only coach i ever wanted at Chelsea was Guus. As he is my fav. and was happy when he was here. Now the other coach i want after him is Marcelo Bielsa because he is like Wenger as he works with youth.

But I am happy with Carlo as he is a good coach and we need stability.

i'm not saying Carlo is unacceptable just the league results this year are but there is 12 games to go and we are still right in the mix..

I think as a person he is a nice bloke and I would honestly love to see him do really well long term at Chelsea. I just worry he wont be able to get us in the top 4 which would be a disaster.

To be fair though he turned it around last year and the players do seem to want to play for him, lets hope he can do it again...

With regards to my mentality, obviously with the money we have spent naturally makes me more expectant that the team do well. obviously we will not win every game and a trophy every year but I do not think it unreasonable that we should be competing on all fronts??

Alright then, why you talking bad about Carlo being unacceptable when doing bad in his second season?

If you did support back then and now, then your mentality has changed. Cause even you forget that the great Guus that everyone wanted did bad in la liga like Carlo is doing.

And he got sack because people are like you, they loose patience.

When the great SAF says that patience is the key.

Carlo and Guus are good coaches. Is the fans and board that are nothing but impatient people that don't give room and time to develop something good.

And I am not pro Carlo. The only coach i ever wanted at Chelsea was Guus. As he is my fav. and was happy when he was here. Now the other coach i want after him is Marcelo Bielsa because he is like Wenger as he works with youth.

But I am happy with Carlo as he is a good coach and we need stability.

Guest justin_3d

i'm not saying Carlo is unacceptable just the league results this year are but there is 12 games to go and we are still right in the mix..

I think as a person he is a nice bloke and I would honestly love to see him do really well long term at Chelsea. I just worry he wont be able to get us in the top 4 which would be a disaster.

To be fair though he turned it around last year and the players do seem to want to play for him, lets hope he can do it again...

With regards to my mentality, obviously with the money we have spent naturally makes me more expectant that the team do well. obviously we will not win every game and a trophy every year but I do not think it unreasonable that we should be competing on all fronts??

And how much Real Madrid spend just to win, and can never keep a coach?

One bad season should not be a problem. If he did good last season, and bad this season, then ok it's avg. But if his next season is worse, then that's case for concern.

The Real Madrid model is wrong, and that is what most fans at Chelsea seem to want....which is not what i want. If we screw up this season, we screw up. But next season Chelsea will come back with a vengeance. You can already see the good buys Carlo has done with Ramires and David Luiz. Let him build his team, and then we will judge.

Ok Agreed, will reserve judgement till the end of the season..yes Luiz, Ramires, Torres and Yossi were good buys.

quote name='justin_3d' timestamp='1298476216' post='184898']

And how much Real Madrid spend just to win, and can never keep a coach?

One bad season should not be a problem. If he did good last season, and bad this season, then ok it's avg. But if his next season is worse, then that's case for concern.

The Real Madrid model is wrong, and that is what most fans at Chelsea seem to want....which is not what i want. If we screw up this season, we screw up. But next season Chelsea will come back with a vengeance. You can already see the good buys Carlo has done with Ramires and David Luiz. Let him build his team, and then we will judge.

Guest justin_3d

I don't count Torres.

That is a Roman buy. He will come good i know, but i see the vision of Carlo on Yossi, Ramires and David Luiz. Good vision for me there.

It sucks though that Yossi got injured, he would have helped us a lot. And also suck that Roman let Ballack go when Carlo wanted him....

Alright look guys don't get me wrong, i know losing at such a vital moment was terrible, and took us to long to come back, and when we did we went back down again. But lets face it, Ancelotti has everything against him right now, i think he's brave for even staying in that situation, you could see he only put Drogba on because he was angry, he wasn't even training with any of the players because he was in a mood. Carlo doesn't want him leaving, so he has to put him on and prey that he must bond with Torres, Carlo didn't buy Torres, i don't know if he even wanted him at the end of the day. But then Anelka wants his game too, you must take into account how bad he's had it, we've got good players injured, and many of our best ones this season, what have messed up our players, Essien, Drogba & Lampard (Our best first 11 players), Terry has came back he hasn't had much problems. But then he's got the board on his back, he has tough fixtures, he has to aim to be 4th no matter what, but then he's got his players moaning when they are ever going to play. And Wilkins getting sac'd, he didn't call for that one. Carlo probably has the most stress than any other manager in this league at the moment, even more than the teams in relegation. Ever sat a test? when you are fully stressed and got everyone on your back, well you do twice as worse when you have.

So put it this way even though we've had a bad run, i want Carlo to stay, give him a new fresh start towards next season. He's not exactly had it easy to reform and i respect him for the effort he is trying to make. If there's only one thing i have to say about Carlo at the moment, it's that he needs to motivate the players much better, and try and boost some morale in the players, Wilkins used to help him with that and get through to the players, but he's gone. So it's up to carlo to get Chelsea out of this big mess.