Chelsea 1-1 Everton

BlueLion.

Had the penalties been taken at the other end of the pitch where our fans were, maybe we could have won. Why is The Shed full of away fans in the FA Cup by the way?

We won't win the cl were simply not gud enough. We need to look to next season and rebuild

The ball is round though, and in football, nothing is impossible.

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LMAO at those claims of us winning the champions league , we are a team that is struggling to even get a place in the champions league ...

So were Liverpool fc mate and they won it. I can just see us winning the European cup i don't know why i have this weird feeling, it feels like destiny. I can see John Terry lifting the European cup at Wembley and everyone going ape shit over it.

So were Liverpool fc mate and they won it. I can just see us winning the European cup i don't know why i have this weird feeling, it feels like destiny. I can see John Terry lifting the European cup at Wembley and everyone going ape shit over it.

liverpool was a different case , they were a cup team which was designed to defend and scratch a goal from a counter attack , they were expected to have one or two scoring opportunities each match but they made the most of them ...

they used a different game and had a different style , they let the opposition have possession for most of the game and punish them on counters , same as Greece in euro 2004 or Italy in the world club ...

they struggled in the league because they drew too many matches against weaker teams who just park bus and don't attack them , then they weren't able to use their defend and punish on the counter strategy ..

anyway that was a special case that is not expected to be repeated every now and then , the winner of the ucl is usually one of the best teams in europe , inter was the most effective team last year , barca was superb the year before , man utd was arguably with chelsea the best teams in 2008 ...

you can't be playing like shit and expect the luck to be your friend !!!

our only hope is we get an easy draw in the quarter finals , and get the weakest team in the semi- finals and be at our best at the final with luck at our side . do you really believe that's gonna happen ??

It was good to see us boss the game for the most part. However, as with Fulham, we lacked quality in the final third of the pitch. Really deserved to win this one. Everton were seemingly trying to hold on for penalties from the middle of the first half on. I have a burgeoning dislike for Everton. Not cos they are a recent bogey team, but cos of their players and antics. How they only escaped with four yellows in the game is beyond me. Add in the 32 fouls they committed, and we have a clearer picture. Lastly, that simpering cur Dowd was shocking. In particular, the Ramires penalty that he gave a yellow card for simulation was absurd. However, ultimately the the responsibility lies with us to put the game to bed, and overcome appalling referees and foul play of our opponents.

A loss on pens is way too bitter. And the way they managed to equalize in the dying moments too. I'd rather take a 0-1 loss in regular time to be honest.

I concur. Also, the added exertion (mental and mainly phyiscal) is not something we needed a few days before our trip to Copenhagen.

I believe in destiny and Irony.

Like i was telling my brother, that even before Baines take the penalty i knew he would miss. He did the goal to tied, to miss the penalty. Just like Gyan did with Ghana in the Uruguay game but the reverse.

Some times you can see this stuff, as if it was scripted already.

Something similar can happen to Chelsea. All the way at the bottom to end up all the way in the top.

It's just to show how unpredictable sports really are! Cause one minute you think this team that is the best of the best, let you down, while this team that is performing bad have a good time.

It's the same in nationals. Uruguay went from a scrappy last place from WC qualifier to the best team of south america in the WC.

Everything can change in a big competition.

If you look earlier in the thread I said before pens that anelka would miss then we'd lose. This doesn't however give me any hope of us winning champions league.

I just had the feel we were gonna lose to fucking Everton...Baines always manages to screw us up, and considering that we don't have luck this season it was simple to guess =.=

What the hell is with Drogba? He played on every position expect the one that he is supposed to play!? He is really going on my nerves for some time now...

I just had the feel we were gonna lose to fucking Everton...Baines always manages to screw us up, and considering that we don't have luck this season it was simple to guess =.=

What the hell is with Drogba? He played on every position expect the one that he is supposed to play!? He is really going on my nerves for some time now...

Drogba played well he looked like our best player today

Drogba played well he looked like our best player today

But it's not about that mate, we play with 1 striker and he acts as a winger? At least some time ago he was at least assisting, and now he doesn't even do that anymore <_<

Gosh, I miss last season Chelsea :cry:

haven't read thru any post---only heard game on radio---now 1.20am----pissed---fcukn really pissed off---gggrrrnnnnnnnn

£100 thou + per week and cannot hit th target from 12 yds---this is theire fcukn job---i done it for 20 yrs as an amatuer and only missed once (abt 100 pens) thru being to casual at 4--o-----fuck sake........and we expect to win the champs lge?????????????????????

hopefully a transition year and we still qualify for the chps lge----our main priorty now

come on you fuckn blues-----------thru thick & thin

Must have watched a different game -thought for the most part we played really well.

There has a been a dip in form -but yesterday, was a fat slice of bad luck. In fact with the penalties we should have had the last 3 games the title and FA cup should still be on.

During the last two games 47 goal attempts (17 on target) and only scored one goal. It's only a matter of time before some teams get battered.......

Penalties is not a nice way to go out,in saying that we should of taken our chances as we were the better team even though it did take us a good half hour to get into gear.

Not sure about Everton's free kick that led to the equaliser,but in all honesty we should of beaten them and we only have ourselves to blame.

Malouda and Kalou were absent for most periods of the match and yet remained on the pitch for 90 minutes or more. I really think Ancelotti has lost it, yes he brought us a lot of glory last season but this season has been nothing short of disastrous, and he seem to have lost the dressing room since Wilkins left, it seem like deja vu - Scolari and Ancelotti.

During the last two games 47 goal attempts (17 on target) and only scored one goal. It's only a matter of time before some teams get battered.......

I expected someone would mention that deceiving stat. For all our "goal attempts" I believe only a few of them were real clear cut chances and I've noticed an alarming increase in long desperate shots from Essien, Drogba or Anelka. Our last few games are nothing like the Birmingham game despite stats suggesting otherwise.

I expected someone would mention that deceiving stat. For all our "goal attempts" I believe only a few of them were real clear cut chances and I've noticed an alarming increase in long desperate shots from Essien, Drogba or Anelka. Our last few games are nothing like the Birmingham game despite stats suggesting otherwise.

Yeah! Spot on there. The Fulham was a clear example of this when Malouda kept shooting from outside the box with hardly any on target, and if so, comfortable saves for the keeper. Although in our defence, yesterday we had a lot more direct shots on target from inside. They just weren't good enough. So in that aspect there are signs of improvement.