Alexis Sanchez

milllz

You guys want Sanchez, James, Neymar, Di Maria, Kroos, etc. Dont you think we have enough AMs?

But of course, we can always play in a 2-1-6-1 to accomodate all of them anyways...

Just little kids playing fm.

The club will continue to focus on strikers, cm and lb.

Nothing more, anything else is just a waste.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys want Sanchez, James, Neymar, Di Maria, Kroos, etc. Dont you think we have enough AMs?

But of course, we can always play in a 2-1-6-1 to accomodate all of them anyways...

Ultimately when such a calibre of player, especially for a decentish price, comes along you have to take it.

Apart from Hazard, Alexis is on another level to what we have, if Thierry Henry became available a decade ago for 20m should we have said no thankyou because it would limit the game time of Gudjohnsen and Kezman?

Ultimately when such a calibre of player, especially for a decentish price, comes along you have to take it.

Apart from Hazard, Alexis is on another level to what we have, if Thierry Henry became available a decade ago for 20m should we have said no thankyou because it would limit the game time of Gudjohnsen and Kezman?

I agree Sanchez would help us and that him on the RW and Hazard on the left would be immense. But it just doesnt make any sense to go for every little upgrade we find in the AM department!

Last year it was Willian. A player we didnt desperately needed, but many backed it up due to the excuse "he was available". This year it is Sanchez. What will be next year's excuse? Sign Di Maria or Muller if they are available? Neymar?

That is not how things work. At one point you just have to believe in the players you have. Otherwise players like Oscar, Schurrle, Salah, etc, will never be able to develop...

Not to count we have way bigger priorities than to seek new AMs!!!!

I agree Sanchez would help us and that him on the RW and Hazard on the left would be immense. But it just doesnt make any sense to go for every little upgrade we find in the AM department!

Last year it was Willian. A player we didnt desperately needed, but many backed it up due to the excuse "he was available". This year it is Sanchez. What will be next year's excuse? Sign Di Maria or Muller if they are available? Neymar?

That is not how things work. At one point you just have to believe in the players you have. Otherwise players like Oscar, Schurrle, Salah, etc, will never be able to develop...

Not to count we have way bigger priorities than to seek new AMs!!!!

Willian was actually a necessary signing because Mou wasn't convinced about Mata and KDB working in his system and Willian fitted it like a glove.

We shouldn't go for every little upgrade but Sanchez will take us up a level and for a decent price to, you don't get many chances these days to make a 'statement signing' without breaking the bank, James would require us to smash the British transfer record for example.

I am more than happy with our current batch, i just think it will be a shame to let such a player join our rivals for peanuts and we didn't even enquire.

Personally I think it isn't the position we need a transfer the most, but it would be more than welcome. I don't think Willian or Oscar (currently) are up to standard for a team that wants to be the best. Our AM's are okayish for a title contender in the PL, but not even that when we compare it on an international level. Bayern, Barça, Real, City, ... have even better AM's on their benches than we have on the field. The only one to really shine was Hazard (and sadly not the full year). While Oscar still has a lot of growth and development in him Willian and Shürrle aren't really the type of player one would expect in a club with our ambitions.

However at this moment a striker and full back should be more important, certainly.

Personally I think it isn't the position we need a transfer the most, but it would be more than welcome. I don't think Willian or Oscar (currently) are up to standard for a team that wants to be the best. Our AM's are okayish for a title contender in the PL, but not even that when we compare it on an international level. Bayern, Barça, Real, City, ... have even better AM's on their benches than we have on the field. The only one to really shine was Hazard (and sadly not the full year). While Oscar still has a lot of growth and development in him Willian and Shürrle aren't really the type of player one would expect in a club with our ambitions.

However at this moment a striker and full back should be more important, certainly.

Not exactly sure if you were speaking satirically that Barca, Real, Bayern, City have better AMs on their benches than ours on the field for emphasis, but I'd be slightly hard pressed to believe that Pedro/Affelay, Jesé Rodriguez/Isco, Shaqiri/Thiago (Gotze...ya, I'll concede at times), or Navas/Milner are actually that much better all-around than Willian/Oscar/Schurrle (at some things, like vision and creativity, yes).

However, they do have certain better AMs on the field than we do if we were to go like-for-like.

But realistically, which of those teams absorb as much pressure as part of their game plan as we do, and have their wide® players put as much pressure on the full backs. I say "as much..." because obviously a certain amount of pressing on the fullbacks is going to be an inherent part of the AMs game for all those teams, but I feel like Jose expects an extra level of pressure from his. Just a thought.

Then again, if you weren't being "literal" than jokes on me lol

Maybe you can elaborate?

If Liverpool get Sanchez and cash for Suarez they have done exceptionally well. Means Sturridge can play as a lone frontman with Lallana, Sanchez and Sterling in a 3 behind him... could be another top 4 finish for them. Hope not really.

dont know why we arent going in for him. Wouldnt lose a second of thought. He is a genius on the ball and head and shoulders above any RW we have. Sell Willian, get him and we will have a monster attack upfront. Hazard-Costa-Sanchez...behind them oscar/cesc whoever...just think of this ffs.

Like I said in the Di Maria thread, I doubt another AM is even in consideration for José.

If he comes to the PL (which is looking highly likely) he's going to be a great player but we already have 3 players in his best position. Unless we sold Oscar and moved Willian to the #10 position to free up that right side. Not happening.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You