Alexis Sanchez

milllz

In an ideal world we would sell Oscar or Willian then sign Sanchez. Shame this is not that world :(. If Arsenal continue signing players of his caliber such as Bender I could actually see them sustaining a challenge for title next season along with Ramsey and Walcott fit. Their defence has improved massively last season too. The only team seems to be not as strong as last season is Liverpool because of losing Suarez soon, but imo if they sign all the players they are supposedly being linked at with atm they will be there too.

Their defense is bang average and has very little pace. As evidenced in nearly every big game last season.

Their defensive statistics are made to look good because they're a side who dominates so much of the possession against poor sides. If the opponent can't get the ball they can't score.

I think they will indeed be genuine title contenders with Sanchez, but at least in the head to head match ups with the big boys I'd still fancy us and City to dominate them in midfield and have our way with their defense unless they were to sign a truly world class DM (which they almost surely won't). As they showed last season, it's all well and fine to spank the minnows but you also have to win at least SOME of the huge matches against to sides. Let's see if they can.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arsenal should have signed Sanchez before the WC. There were rumours that Barcelona's board wanted to sell him for cheap, but after a great WC, his rating--and price--has obviously increased.
His work rate is amazing, one of the best I've ever seen in a winger. However, his finishing isn't. Out of all Barcelona attackers, he usually missed clear-cut chances the most. He improved his finishing last season, but he's still not the greatest finisher out there. Hell, even Cesc, a midfielder, was a far better finisher than him at Barcelona.
Alexis's finishing is what Barcelona fans mostly criticized him for.

Arsenal should have signed Sanchez before the WC. There were rumours that Barcelona's board wanted to sell him for cheap, but after a great WC, his rating--and price--has obviously increased.

His work rate is amazing, one of the best I've ever seen in a winger. However, his finishing isn't. Out of all Barcelona attackers, he usually missed clear-cut chances the most. He improved his finishing last season, but he's still not the greatest finisher out there. Hell, even Cesc, a midfielder, was a far better finisher than him at Barcelona.

Alexis's finishing is what Barcelona fans mostly criticized him for.

The irony is that he scored 19 goals last season.

Sanchez is an odd one. I agree with you that he wasn't exactly a right fit for Barcelona, but at the same time I think that only at a system like Barcelona could he have that many goals & assists. He has like 10 assists but he isn't a creative player at all. He doesn't regularly play killer passes nor is he a clinical finisher. In fact, his decision making in the final third can be really frustrating. But somehow he has 19 goals and 10 assists!

I just think his stats are overinflated.

I don't know. you guys are calling this a steal, but I'm just not convinced. £30m seems a fair price to be honest, he doesn't look a £40-50m player yet at all..

The best thing is, with Arsenal's track record he'll become a squad player and he won't be utilised to the potential he has. He'll be rotated with Walcott, Carzola and probably Oxlade lmao.

I don't know. you guys are calling this a steal, but I'm just not convinced. £30m seems a fair price to be honest, he doesn't look a £40-50m player yet at all..

The best thing is, with Arsenal's track record he'll become a squad player and he won't be utilised to the potential he has. He'll be rotated with Walcott, Carzola and probably Oxlade lmao.

They should just go and build around him. They seriously lack a star player/leader figure. Just like what Suarez was for Liverpool.

Ozil is more important than Sanchez IMO.

Özil is just plain shit since his transfer to Arsenal - and I#m saying that as a german. I think Sanchez will be a massive improvement and an important part of Arsenal's team.

Özil is just plain shit since his transfer to Arsenal - and I#m saying that as a german. I think Sanchez will be a massive improvement and an important part of Arsenal's team.

Sanchez will definitely be important but the team will be built around Ozil.

Yes Ozil hasn't been as great as usual but this is only his first pl season. I think he'll be really good next year.

Ozil is more important than Sanchez IMO.

I think that they can be much more direct if everyone could work for Sanchez. Also Sanchez could be more dominant in his territory than Ozil.

why are you guys going in-depth in analyzing where and how he plays for arsenal, who cares? I've read some arse fans saying that with him, debuchy and a DM, they will battle for the premiership and have a great chance of winning it... lolz, even with all these signings everyone already knows they'll finish with their usual 4th place "trophy"

why are you guys going in-depth in analyzing where and how he plays for arsenal, who cares? I've read some arse fans saying that with him, debuchy and a DM, they will battle for the premiership and have a great chance of winning it... lolz, even with all these signings everyone already knows they'll finish with their usual 4th place "trophy"

If they manage to keep their best players not injured (something they never do for some odd reason) then I think they have a good chance to finish at least 3rd. They still need a top class striker though. Giroud is horrible.

If they manage to keep their best players not injured (something they never do for some odd reason) then I think they have a good chance to finish at least 3rd. They still need a top class striker though. Giroud is horrible.

that's the very best they can achieve imo, their best scenario if everything goes perfect in terms of injuries, other teams underperforming etc

If they sign Sanchez, Debuchy, and a solid DM then they WILL be legitimate contenders. They won't win it, though.

I predict a very similar season from them as last year but they'll finish 3rd in the end rather than 4th. They'll start the season very strongly and look impressive for several months. Journalists, pundits, and their supporters will start saying "Arsenal can win this thing," and soon after that the inner pussy in them will start to emerge once the pressure builds and they'll choke.

Already dread the whole "Arsenal play the most beautiful football in the league!" shit that we're going to hear all season long.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You