Should we sign Tevez?

Wilson

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chelsea are ready to make an offer for want-away Manchester City striker Carlos Tevez. Carlo Ancelotti has been looking into prospective purchases to help deal with the ageing nature of his front line and appears to be very interested in signing the Argentine marksman.

The west London club’s main two attacking weapons' date=' Nicolas Anelka and Didier Drogba, at 31 and 32 years of age respectively, are nearing the end of their glittering careers and the Stamford Bridge boss has been on the look out for a quality front man to take over their mantle and had originally set his sights on the likes of Wolfsburg goal machine Edin Dzeko and AC Milan starlet Alexandre Pato but now it seems a move for the Eastlands man is on the the cards.

Whilst Man City are claiming to be ready to stick to their guns and hold on to the former West Ham and Man United striker, they will know that to do so would in many ways be shooting themselves in the foot. They would however prefer not to sell to a club they consider a direct rival for the Premier League title but that will not stop Chelsea showing their interest.

Ancelotti is known to be a big admirer of the pint sized front man and the fact that Tevez has netted four times in his three encounters with Chelsea whilst at Man City helps to add to his value and the Blues are reportedly ready to offer around £30m for his services.

[/quote']

Its tax free. His agents have him registered abroad.

I'm sure thats illegal.

Rangers are currently being investigated by HMRC for something similar when they "apparently" used to make payments to offshore accounts for bonuses to players back in the 90's to avoid tax. This was a loophole in the system that was taken advantage of. I'm sure Arsenal and a few other clubs were mentioned to have done this.....maybe even us.

Source ? If its goal.com might as well read The lion witch and Wardrobe.

The weekly money Joorachabian wants would destabilise the squad, so would take this speculation with a massive dose of salt

Source: caughtoffside.Found the link on the "Chelsea News" section, on the fourfourtwo website.

I'm sure thats illegal.

Rangers are currently being investigated by HMRC for something similar when they "apparently" used to make payments to offshore accounts for bonuses to players back in the 90's to avoid tax. This was a loophole in the system that was taken advantage of. I'm sure Arsenal and a few other clubs were mentioned to have done this.....maybe even us.

Possibly AR, but if you have enough accountants you dont pay tax. When I was self employed I set up a company in Isle of Man, cost £30 to set up. My wages were then paid into a bank in Isle of Man, and they took out an 'admin fee' of $15 a week, but I didnt pay any tax. Perfectly legal.

Phillip Green avoided £1.5 bn last year, (fat greedy cunt who owns topshop, BHS, Burtons etc)

Tevez is a special case owned by Joorachabian who will undoubtably be registerd in tax free haven. Other than that the rich arabs are paying it for him at source.

He's proved his loyalty to a football club is short and limited. One of the reason he wants out of Manchester City, reportedly, is because he misses his children and his wife (who he's apparently divorced from now). For that I think he will go back to Argentina anyway. But if he is looking to move to an English club, then perhaps it's not totally out of the question, let's be honest, Tevez is probably one the most hard working players in the Premier League and would fit into our team very well.

I do believe he's been selfish to Manchester City though. Their whole team was built around him. Players where brought in to support him and he, in return, should honour his contract with is worth a lot. From what I'm told. Manchester City give him enough time (every month) to fly back to Argentina and see his family, he should have known his sacrifices before even joining City.