Tottenham vs Chelsea

BlueLion.

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would rather see a game like today's than the uninspired play of the past few weeks. I felt some urgency from the players, a desire to win. I haven't felt so deflated at the end of a game since Moscow, but I prefer what I saw today to a 3-0 drubbing at home...

Overall, we have to take the positives away from this match and move on to the next 2 HUGE fixtures. Before today I could have seen 3 more losses on our ledger from the next 3 games (today included). Now I actually believe we can take points from Utd and Arsensal - possibly 6 points.

Lampard is back, Ferreira played well, Drogba may be getting his legs back, Cech is still playing well, Ashley is on his game, Terry was strong, Essien was strong, and the team seemed more like a team. I agree that Anelka's form is poor of late, and would love to see Sturridge start ahead of him, but the team seems to have gotten past the worst of it - guess we'll see over the next few weeks...

KTBFFH! blue%20scalf.gif

Just home from the game now, great atmosphere from the fans today constant noise for 90mins. Loved the "theres no christmas at the lane" and "you killed jesus at the lane"

To the football...I thought we were rubbish in the 1st half, created a few chances but most were shit balls into the box or pathetic shots. 2nd half it changed (thanks to Drogba). They played like they did at the start of the season and for the first time in about a month I actually enjoyed watching Chelsea. Kalou is shocking, how he starts I will never know...all he did was give the ball to the spurs players, so frustrating..but I thought other than him everyone else did ok. John Terry was faultless, amazing performance..and LOVED the bit of banter he gave the spurs fans at the end!

Here's my delayed post match rant:

This game was supposed to be the one that either ruined or saved our season, therefore a draw was probably the most frustrating result especially when we had the chance to win it with a pen.

I share Blue Heart's view that we didn't play great, our attack only managed to score one lucky goal against a team that has kept just one clean sheet. Keeping Drogba on our bench resulted in us having to rely on Kalou's accuracy (oxymoron?) as Anelka still thinks he's a midfielder. Drogba was hungry when he came on but we wasted 45 minutes. We still can't create any clear chances without Malouda playing upfront and we struggle with goals.

On the other hand our confidence and our spirit impressed me, the very fact that we kept attacking and looked like winning the game despite conceding first was something that only our youth had done so far. Tottenham were really quick and direct which forced us to play faster and -surprisingly- we had no problem with that. Having John Terry (and even Ivanovic) lead the line looked ridiculous but inspired some much needed confidence.

Ramires, Ferreira and Kalou (in that order) did a great job at containing Bale.

Ramires was excellent, stats may not reveal that but I can certainly see his uses after this game.

Anelka was shocking. He needs to wake up, we can ignore such performances from Kalou but this is unacceptable for a player of Anelka's quality. If we change our formation those two would be the first I'd put on the bench.

We've already dropped too many points, unfortunately can't smile at a draw even at WHL.

So somewhere that we've lost at in the last 2 seasons and a draw is bad?

Being at the game I'm actually offended.

I got my moneys worth at the game and it was a great performance in the end, needed a win, could've got it but didn't, my heart was in my mouth, no idea what Drogba's was doing, nearly there but to come away with much needed confidence and credibility after a game at WHL is great. Onwards and Upwards

So somewhere that we've lost at in the last 2 seasons and a draw is bad?

Being at the game I'm actually offended.

I got my moneys worth at the game and it was a great performance in the end, needed a win, could've got it but didn't, my heart was in my mouth, no idea what Drogba's was doing, nearly there but to come away with much needed confidence and credibility after a game at WHL is great. Onwards and Upwards

you must have been going mental when the ref pointed to the penalty spot right?

FC TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR VS FC CHELSEA LONDON 1:1

goalkeeper: cech

defense: ferreira - ivanovic - terry - cole

midfield: essien - mikel (Drogba half time) - ramires

attack: kalou (sturridge 67min.) - anelka - malouda (lampard 77min.)

cool.. draw at the stadium white hart lane, draw at the london derby,

a perfect result for me, cause i love fc tottenham hotspur like fc chelsea london!!

cool.. my african didier Drogba scored!!

cool.. my assist & goalscorer frank lampard is back after injury in the lineup, this are great news!!

damn.. my african william gallas didn´t play vs his ex club fc chelsea london, could be special!!

damn.. my favourite croatia player niko kranjcar is sitting since some games on the bench,

niko kranjcar is for me the best croatia playmaker after robert prosinecki & zvonimir boban,

i begin to hate the coach of fc tottenham hotspur harry redknapp, this can´t go on this way with niko kranjcar!!

damn.. i hope our russia boss roman abramovic will buy my favourite croatia player niko kranjcar!!