Tottenham vs Chelsea

BlueLion.

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we dominated for much of the game and should have won all three points. Of the three players I was worried about Ramires and Ferreria played well however Kalou was, as always, shocking.

Anelka probably had the worst game of his career.

We need a right winger desperately. Even a player as limited as Lennon would improve our team a great deal just with his speed and directness.

I don't agree with those who state we played a (very) good game. It was okay. All that possession was nice and all but we hardly created chances. Come to think of it, not once did i think ''that should've gone in'' except for the penalty and the subime Palacios header almost heading into own goal. We still have to improve a lot.

You don't win games by dominating in possession and creating half chances.

Good Fantastic to see Lamps finally back (sadly he's human and he wasn't visible at all).

And wtf is up with us getting punished for every little mistake we make? It's so unfair.

Hey guys do you know what, and don't look over it - Frank Lampard is back, finally!

Been months!!!! A bit surprised he didnt walk onto the pitch and fall down with his luck!

Our defence is slowly getting there. And seeing as we've had 3 losses,3 draws in a row..time for a win next week :D

I thought we played well, we didn't create too many clear cut scoring opportunities but then we rarely do, rather we are a clinical side than one who will create 15 chances a game.

Absolutely digusted by the criticism Drogba is getting on here, did the people writing those messages miss the first half? Did they notice the lack of a focal point in our attack? Drogba was immense second half, his quality can't be denied, the equaliser comes from a simple long ball down the pitch but its Drogba's brute strenght that turns it into a goal, no other striker on the planet does that aswell as Drogba, we looked a vastly superior side with him in it than him out of it.

Also Ramires seems to be notching up the criticism too(as he always is it seems) but I thought he was very good today, definitely one of our best players on the day(along with Terry and Drogba) did an excellent job double teaming Bale with Ferreira, got about the pitch well, made some big tackles and interceptions and won the penalty.

Good also to see Essien back to the sort of form he was in pre red card against Fulham.

Yes there was negatives, even the biggest Nic Anelka fan would find it difficult to defend that performance today, mind boggling stuff from the Frenchman.

Kalou remains the most frustrating figure I can remember seeing play in a Chelsea jersey.

Mikel also did not cover himself in flory in the first half, especially for the first goal, there is no way Claude Makelele would have been caught flat footed or in that position as Mikel was.

Anyway with Lampard back, with Essien and Drogba finding form and John Terry playing out of his skin, I feel confident going into the game against Man Utd.

Been months!!!! A bit surprised he didnt walk onto the pitch and fall down with his luck!

Our defence is slowly getting there. And seeing as we've had 3 losses,3 draws in a row..time for a win next week :D

Well he immediately was fauled by Palacios which is never a good thing, good times lol.

As you say, now three wins in a row would be absolutely priceless.

I think we dominated for much of the game and should have won all three points. Of the three players I was worried about Ramires and Ferreria played well however Kalou was, as always, shocking.

Anelka probably had the worst game of his career.

We need a right winger desperately. Even a player as limited as Lennon would improve our team a great deal just with his speed and directness.

I thought Kalou was decent esp in the first half, teamed up well with Ferreira and Ramires on that side to keep Bale quiet.

But agree about a right winger. Anelka doesn't cut it anymore.

I thought Kalou was decent esp in the first half, teamed up well with Ferreira and Ramires on that side to keep Bale quiet.

My problem with Kalou is every move breaks down with him. Due to him being either too slow, too weak or just having a very bad first touch. Early in the first half Anelka slid him into the box but he completely missed the ball. That is criminal at this level and he should have controlled it and got a shot off. Ekotto probably had the easiest game of his season. Just like Baines did the previous weekend. Kalou is a non-entity in open play, it's almost as if we're playing with 10 men.

Anelka's form has been very worrying for a while now.

I also thought Ramires looked threatening when he was in the right wing area. A few good crosses.

My problem with Kalou is every move breaks down with him. Due to him being either too slow, too weak or just having a very bad first touch. Early in the first half Anelka slid him into the box but he completely missed the ball. That is criminal at this level and he should have controlled it and got a shot off. Ekotto probably had the easiest game of his season. Just like Baines did the previous weekend. Kalou is a non-entity in open play, it's almost as if we're playing with 10 men.

I still think atm he's better than Anelka, but I'd like Carlo to give Sturridge a start there. not going to happen against Utd and Arse I know, but maybe after that ...

Are we watching the same match?

Bale in the first half was torturing Ferreira. It was the strikers that disappointed Spurs. Imagine Crouch getting to the end of Bale's crosses.

Bale in the first half was torturing Ferreira. It was the strikers that disappointed Spurs. Imagine Crouch getting to the end of Bale's crosses.

Guess we are.

I don't remember him 'torturing' Ferreira, Ramires covered him well. He skinned Ferreira on a couple of occassions yes, but didn't put in a threatening cross all game.

Behave. He didn't do anything like that. Beat him once or twice but was very well marshalled by Ferreira and whoever was helping cover for most of the game.