Tottenham vs Chelsea

BlueLion.

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure what the general feeling is here after that game, but I'm quite upbeat.

Yes, it is true, we could have won if Drogba converted, and Lampard may have scored if he'd chosen to take it, but this is what football is like. I'm, personally, glad we came away with that result because it's not just 1 point we came away with, it's the passion, the hunger and the desire we've lacked in the last 3-4weeks. Defensively we were a much more tighter unit, our passes stuck and were to feet and our strikers were creating good chances. Carlo tried the same tactic at Liverpool by leaving out Drogba and then bringing him on, back then it was because Drogba and Carlo where aware he was sick. This time it was a genuine "You're dropped" and when he was brought on, Drogba's mentality looked like "let me show you, why that was wrong" and he came to life.

Paulo Ferreira. Though we cringed at his name being read on the team sheet, he was great. He was disciplined and he concentrated on the danger posed from Bale. He never went too deep and he never sat off too much. He always knew Bale's pace would out do him, and he respected that, but also kept him contained (with the help of Essien). So well done for silencing your doubters Paulo :)

Finally, Carlo Ancelotti. A lot of question have been raised about him, we can't base it on one game, but Carlo did also quiet a few of his own critics. His team sheet was a strong as he could make it (keeping form in mind) and his substitutions were well timed and thought about. We knew Drogba would come on in the 2nd half but the question was for who, I believe taking of Mikel was a good idea, because he had been suffering with a flu and he wasn't having the best of games. Sturridge got a good run out too and the return of Lampard, for morale boosting purposes more than anything, was well thought out. So well done Carlo.

We've got good momentum heading into our crucial clash with Manchester United and hopefully we will overcome the table leaders :)

From Jeffrey Bruma interview:

Which of your team-mates impressed you this weekend?

I think Paulo Ferreira, because he did a very good job against Gareth Bale, and everyone was talking about how he would do before the game.

He made me realise how frustrating it must have been for Paulo before the game. I mean, he surely ignored all the talking about him vs Bale, but he was aware of it and it must have been really really hard for him. He deserves a lot, a lot of credit for his contribution.