The Serie A Thread

Steve

Tbf, Napoli fans hated Mazzarri long before he left. At least the ones I know. I remember when we played Napoli in the CL and had tens of them here and they kept saying how shit he is.

Many Inter fans are hating Mazzarri, too, but they don't invent that Mazzarri didn't want Bale because he doesn't speak italian... it would be ridiculous...

Mazzarri drove Napoli to last sixteen of Champions league after 20 years and won the first match against Chelsea with Cavani, Hamsik and many mediocre players. This is what I know.

I think Mazzarri is a good coach, he has never been kicked out from previous presidents, but at Inter there are many works in progress now, it is difficult to manage that team, too many old players and other mediocres besides... On the last years many good coaches have failed in Inter... there will be a reason behind...

So why Napoli picked up Rolando from Porto?

Rolando is so much brighter than he looks he's not a dumb guy and Italian is a walk in the park for him coming from Portuguese. Maybe he doesn't absolutly expect it but I think he does put demands on players learning Italian, even Kovacic is learning a bit but still a lot better than than many non-English speakers in the league (remember Diarra :Goober:). He may have a point on the language thing

Many Inter fans are hating Mazzarri, too, but they don't invent that Mazzarri didn't want Bale because he doesn't speak italian... that's quite ridiculous...

Mazzarri drove Napoli to last sixteen of Champions league after 20 years and won the first match agaisnt Chelsea with Cavani, Hamsik and many mediocre players. This is what I know.

I think Mazzarri is a good coach, he has never been kicked out from previous presidents, but at Inter there are many works in progress now, it is difficult to manage that team, too many old players... On the last years many good coaches have failed... there will be a reason behind...

Got absolutely no idea about Bale, but it's hard to imagine him or anyone turning Bale down.

How would you say he's done at Inter so far? I don't think he's completely failed, but I can't say that he's been a success either.

Got absolutely no idea about Bale, but it's hard to imagine him or anyone turning Bale down.

How would you say he's done at Inter so far? I don't think he's completely failed, but I can't say that he's been a success either.

He is doing better than Stramaccioni, Ranieri and Gasperini, but he got a worse team than these previous coaches.

Inter is placed fifth on the scoreboard and if I assess the players of the first five clubs, Inter is the last. That's it.

Why are many Inter fans criticizing Mazzarri? Because they think "We are Inter and can't be proud of a 0-0 against Udinese".

This is false.

So why Napoli picked up Rolando from Porto?

Don't hate Mazzarri just because he preferred Inter to Napoli, come on.

We needed a good skilled defender, and our scouting found Rolando for a very good price in January

He never played until end of April, in 3 months he starded understanding Italian so he could start playing with Mazzarri

He played 2 or 3 matches

This year he was ready for Mazzarri, so Mazzarri asked him for Inter

Same stuff for Vargas, no stranger (and youngs) for Mazzarri

Vargas was votes as the second best southamerican young after Neymar, we spent 12 millions of euros for him

Mazzarri interview: "Vargas? I don't know him"

Vargas never played, he entered only as forth striker at 85th when we were loosing, and when our president asked Mazzarri about Vargas he replayed "you have to decide if you want to play with young players or if you want win"

I don't hate Mazzarri, I think that he help us to grow, he is the best trainer for let a small team grow, but he cannot train a big team

He plays with only 13-15 players, other almost doesn't exists

He don't speak any language except Italian

He don't like young players, he prefers over 28

And he cannot manage 2 competitions, he focus only on Campionato or league, and trows the other in the garbage

I told that I don't hate Mazzarri, but He is nothing compared to Benitez, like to pass from an elementary teacher to a universitary prof.

He is doing better than Stramaccioni, Ranieri and Gasperini, but he got a worse team than these previous coaches.

Inter is placed fifth on the scoreboard and if I assess the players of the first five clubs, Inter is the last. That's it.

Why are many Inter fans criticizing Mazzarri? Because they think "We are Inter and can't be proud of a 0-0 against Udinese".

That sounds like a pretty fair assessment. My best friend is a die-hard Inter fan and he was saying before the season that you will get a CL spot but I kept telling him that it's emotions speaking not his head.

So, do you think Tohir will spend? And how crucial is the next transfer window for Inter if they want to be competing for titles again soon?

That sounds like a pretty fair assessment. My best friend is a die-hard Inter fan and he was saying before the season that you will get a CL spot but I kept telling him that it's emotions speaking not his head.

So, do you think Tohir will spend? And how crucial is the next transfer window for Inter if they want to be competing for titles again soon?

In the first part of the season, Inter was playing very well and was placed as fourth, few scores from Napoli and we all started to think about a miracle (and it actually was) and Mazzarri was the magician. Then the old players started to get sick and tired and we came back to reality...

About Thohir, I think he is working well. Within the next June he has to cancel a big debt, so I guess the next transfer window maybe he will buy just 1 or 2 top players and some others almost top. But he said that Inter will be one of the best 5 european clubs in 3 years. Let's see... Anyway, he will never buy 11 top players a year like Florentino Perez and I agree on this point. Look how many CL won Real Madrid on the last 10 years... too many top players are useless... Inter 2010 and Chelsea 2012 have taught that.

• 1 month later...

Tonight Javier Zanetti made his final appearance at the San Siro. He wore a special captain's armband, which featured all the names of the players who have played with him during these 19 years. One of the last "romantic" players and a true legend who has graced football with his presence.

BnS5YlaCQAAxuO2.jpg

INTER1.jpg

INTER2.jpg

inter9.jpg

inter10.jpg

If Juve win today they'll break the highest ever point tally in a European top league with 38 matches! I think Benfica once got 101 points (and there's Barca and Real's 100 points) and Juve right now have 99. Now that is an achievement that would live on for a very long time.

If Juve win today they'll break the highest ever point tally in a European top league with 38 matches! I think Benfica once got 101 points (and there's Barca and Real's 100 points) and Juve right now have 99. Now that is an achievement that would live on for a very long time.

Looking very likely now :D

PS: Pirlo is a god and Marchisio just can't score an ugly goal.

• 1 month later...

Most likely, yeah. But he's had disagreements with the Juve management for two years, now.

I see, somewhat surprising as he has been pretty good for Juve in the last 3 years and imo somewhat unlucky last year in UCL.

I don't know any good manager that is available right now unless they are thinking about hiring a Manchester United ex manager =))

I see, somewhat surprising as he has been pretty good for Juve in the last 3 years and imo somewhat unlucky last year in UCL.

I don't know any good manager that is available right now unless they are thinking about hiring a Manchester United ex manager =))

Conte is an excellent motivator but he's not exactly a great tactical manager. Still way too early to predict who will be the replacement. Maybe Prandelli.