the wes

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Henrique said:

I dont undertand why Neymar move is creating buzz about FFP. City already spent 220m this season (more than PSG) for players Like Kyle Walker, Danilo and Bernardo Silva, not mention that we paid 140m for Morata, Bakayoko and Rudiger. 

Weird that people are saying Neymar's price is insane when we paid 70 for Morata and United even more for Romulen.

Mate it's not just the transfer fee, you need to look at the numbers beyond the €222M fee to understand why people think PSG won't comply with FFP. The transfer fee, signing on bonuses, agent fees and most importantly the player's wages all combined make up for a pretty hefty total sum and on their books it will show as around €100M per year with all costs amortized over the contract. He's being paid almost a million euros per week before taxes for crying out loud, that's absolutely bizarre.

To put these figures into context, the previous world record breaking transfer in Paul Pogba costs altogether maybe around €30-35M a year on the books at Manchester United so the numbers we're talking about with Neymar are a completely new territory in world football. You can't compare just the transfer fees and say City spent a lot of money too because by doing that City have pretty much completed their squad and filled all positions of need. The total costs of their five new signings won't even remotely touch Neymar's figures.

And also at Chelsea the books have been well balanced with player sales, amounting to around €120M even before the impending sale of Diego Costa. Maybe paying €70M for Morata was somewhat overpriced as far as the transfer fee goes but his total costs for the club will be less than a quarter of a Neymar so while he may not be even remotely as good a player it still allows the club to stay within a healthy financial status and keeps the wage budget in line. If it were Chelsea getting Neymar at €900K a week how long do you think it would take for players like Eden Hazard, who's on less than €200K a week, to knock on Abramovich's door and ask for at least triple his current salary? What PSG have done is simply not sustainable in the long term.

Also PSG weren't exactly in clear waters with FFP to begin with, so lavishing out €100M a year book costs on a single player won't help them at all. My guess would be that they just don't give a fuck because they know UEFA will never ban a team with Neymar in it from competing in the Champions League and if it's just multi-million fines that they get for breaking FFP there's plenty of money in Qatar to pay it with.

On 03/08/2017 at 11:06 PM, MrExcalibur100 said:

C8b6EraUMAAp6vF.jpg

And then he added 3 more goals vs a woeful Las Palmas team. Many of them tap-ins in the box and some penalties as well.  Add to the fact he's not exactly a player that elevates the level of his teammates, overdribbles, runs into blind alleys, is an extreme individualist and is very inconsistent for a "global superstar" PSG have been duped. Messi is the one who does all the heavy lifting for Barcelona.That type of money is just totally unjustified for any footballer. It's scandalous and makes me a bit disillusioned with the game I grew up loving. The only way I can contemplate paying that is for a 20 year old Messi. With the added cavaeat that Messi is able to replicate exactly what he's done for Barcelona over the years. 

I remember at some point in the end of the last season Neymar had more chances created than Messi and Suarez in all competitions and was doing the work of the entire midfield in terms of attack.

If you watch Neymar in the NT, when he can play with freedom,  you can see how good he is.

Watch Brazil x Argentina in the South American qualify and take your conclusions.

Neymar in 4 games in the World Cup scored 1 goals less than Messsi in 12 games.

Messi can decide any game against any team, but only if the situation do not become a war.

He doesnt have nerves for a war. In his NT he only play well against small sides.

He's a club-level-player. 

Even Coutinho is better than Messi at NT-level.

A player who is only good on an environment where everything exist to support him should not be hailed so high.

The day when Messi starts deciding games against top NTs, like Neymar always does, i'll agree with your post.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Chelsea4 said:

Neymar has lost possession 19 times againts Guingamp :lol:

I saw about 10 minutes of the game...what a fucking disgrace Neymar and Di Maria falling and faking fouls every 5 seconds...

It was guingamp...Ronaldinho would dribble their entire squad, not throw himself on the ground every second.

On 05/08/2017 at 10:21 AM, Jype said:

Mate it's not just the transfer fee, you need to look at the numbers beyond the €222M fee to understand why people think PSG won't comply with FFP. The transfer fee, signing on bonuses, agent fees and most importantly the player's wages all combined make up for a pretty hefty total sum and on their books it will show as around €100M per year with all costs amortized over the contract. He's being paid almost a million euros per week before taxes for crying out loud, that's absolutely bizarre.

To put these figures into context, the previous world record breaking transfer in Paul Pogba costs altogether maybe around €30-35M a year on the books at Manchester United so the numbers we're talking about with Neymar are a completely new territory in world football. You can't compare just the transfer fees and say City spent a lot of money too because by doing that City have pretty much completed their squad and filled all positions of need. The total costs of their five new signings won't even remotely touch Neymar's figures.

And also at Chelsea the books have been well balanced with player sales, amounting to around €120M even before the impending sale of Diego Costa. Maybe paying €70M for Morata was somewhat overpriced as far as the transfer fee goes but his total costs for the club will be less than a quarter of a Neymar so while he may not be even remotely as good a player it still allows the club to stay within a healthy financial status and keeps the wage budget in line. If it were Chelsea getting Neymar at €900K a week how long do you think it would take for players like Eden Hazard, who's on less than €200K a week, to knock on Abramovich's door and ask for at least triple his current salary? What PSG have done is simply not sustainable in the long term.

Also PSG weren't exactly in clear waters with FFP to begin with, so lavishing out €100M a year book costs on a single player won't help them at all. My guess would be that they just don't give a fuck because they know UEFA will never ban a team with Neymar in it from competing in the Champions League and if it's just multi-million fines that they get for breaking FFP there's plenty of money in Qatar to pay it with.

Excellent post man, needed back on the forum more often. 

On 05/08/2017 at 5:29 AM, RoyalBlues said:

Not sure about City. But our case certainly different than PSG, even if we spent the same amount as Neymar release clause (which we haven't yet), we have sell tons of players, got new sponsor, prize money from winning the league, etc.

We are okay to spent that amount, while obviously PSG are not okay to spent that much, without selling. Hence UEFA will launch an investigation for it. FFP is real and isn't a joke. Once again our condition are totally different than PSG.

I hope uefa's statement will shut the press up about this transfer being investigated under FFP. No individual move will, or can, be looked into. All that can be looked into is a club's financial results as a whole.

In that light, it is not accurate to say UEFA will launch an investigation into that transfer. What they will do is investigate PSG's accounts for this season (probably to be published about January 2019) and assess the results under their three year rule. Nor will that investigation be specific to PSG. They will examine the books of all clubs which are subject to FFP regulations. In that regard it will be a routine check, not a special one.

Of course we will be one of the clubs whose books are audited. It is not sufficient to list our revenues and announce our spending ability on the strength of them. It is our profitability which will be scrutinised, and that means revenues must be compared to costs. For example, our wage bill alone is way more than the Premier League TV money and the Nike deal combined. It even consumes most of the Yokohama cash too.

I'm not suggesting that the amortised cost of this summer's spending puts us at risk of falling FFP, I don't think it does, I'm just making the point that we can't look at revenues in isolation.

21 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

I saw about 10 minutes of the game...what a fucking disgrace Neymar and Di Maria falling and faking fouls every 5 seconds...

It was guingamp...Ronaldinho would dribble their entire squad, not throw himself on the ground every second.

Makes me so sad that these days grow up looking up to tiny wankers with fancy haircuts like Neymar and Justin Bieber...

• 1 month later...

Cavani stormed off over a disagreement on set-pieces. Neymar since unfollowed him on IG.

Edinson Cavani storms off after disagreements with Neymar last night

PSG striker Edinson Cavani stormed off from the Parc des Princes last night after a series of on-pitch disagreements with team-mate Neymar over set-piece taking.

The Uruguayan forward left the Paris stadium 20 minutes after the full-time whistle through the back door, without passing through the mixed zone to speak to the media.

Embarrassing images emerged of Dani Alves taking the ball away from Edinson Cavani who was trying to take a free-kick so that the right-back could give the ball to Neymar instead.

A similar, very public disagreement occurred between Neymar and Cavani over who should take the penalty, with the Uruguayan eventually succeeding in getting the former Barcelona man to back off, only to miss the eventual penalty after a great save from Lyon goalkeeper Anthony Lopes.

PSG manager Unai Emery’s post-match response to the incidents was seemingly inadequate: “I have told them to sort it out between themselves.”

Les Parisiens ran out 2-0 winners in with an unconvincing performance against Lyon last night. However, the supposed chemistry between “MCN” is already clearly crumbling.

http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2017/edinson-cavani-storms-off-after-disagreements-with-neymar-last-night/

2 hours ago, Mufassir08 said:

God I hate Neymar's attitude. A dazzling player but a crying attention seeking bitch at the same time.

Not fit to clean Ronaldinho's boots. But yeah, credit where credit is due, he is an amazing player.

Its clear something will go wrong with this PSG, specially when its quiet clear Emery doesn't have the balls to manage those big egos. 
Emery will be done with the moment something goes wrong. Probably aren't the CL knockout stages.

In L'Equipe, they report on how Cavani confronted Neymar in the PSG dressing room post-match, calling out the Brazilian for his attitude.

And the former Barcelona man did not take too kindly to the remark, allegedly reacting angrily and causing Thiago Silva to intervene before the rift became physical.

With ex-Napoli man Cavani not willing to lose his position as the club's foremost goal-getter to the world record signing, he nonetheless attempted to calm matters by stating he 'had no problem' with Neymar after the 2-0 win.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You