the wes

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Henrique said:

Actually PSG squad is waaaaay better than Barcelona's. 

PSG do have better sq but Barcelona got better 1st 11 im sure off it that Barcelona will replace Neymar with someone 

7 minutes ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

Very happy that Neymar had the balls to go through with this transfer. 

Hope he guides PSG to UCL glory, beating Barcelona en route to the final and wins his coveted Balon d'Or. 

Spoken like a true blue.

19 minutes ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

Proper ambition, from a top Club. 

Just saw a stat on Twitter, that since the Qatar Group took over PSG, even including this Neymar transfer, Chelsea have spent more than PSG in the Transfer market by like £30M. 

Wow. 

I wouldn't say spending 200m on one player is ambition. Football is a team game. It's all about having the right balance. Having mercenaries who want to be the focal stars of the team is a recipe for disaster. PSG can get away with it though because they have next to zero competition in that league. 

C8b6EraUMAAp6vF.jpg

And then he added 3 more goals vs a woeful Las Palmas team. Many of them tap-ins in the box and some penalties as well.  Add to the fact he's not exactly a player that elevates the level of his teammates, overdribbles, runs into blind alleys, is an extreme individualist and is very inconsistent for a "global superstar" PSG have been duped. Messi is the one who does all the heavy lifting for Barcelona.That type of money is just totally unjustified for any footballer. It's scandalous and makes me a bit disillusioned with the game I grew up loving. The only way I can contemplate paying that is for a 20 year old Messi. With the added cavaeat that Messi is able to replicate exactly what he's done for Barcelona over the years. 

3 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

Saw some rumors that he was close to join us before he chose PSG...

Apparently Roman was very interested in bringing him here but a close advisor persuaded him not to go ahead with the persuit.

I dont undertand why Neymar move is creating buzz about FFP. City already spent 220m this season (more than PSG) for players Like Kyle Walker, Danilo and Bernardo Silva, not mention that we paid 140m for Morata, Bakayoko and Rudiger. 

Weird that people are saying Neymar's price is insane when we paid 70 for Morata and United even more for Romulen.

56 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

Close advisor... emenalo?

Interesting why not...

Because Neymar would become a dejected figure playing in the PL. He would be showered by his own tears once Shawcross starts abusing him.

13 minutes ago, DDA said:

Because Neymar would become a dejected figure playing in the PL. He would be showered by his own tears once Shawcross starts abusing him.

Yes because David Silva and even our little own Hazard are struggling in the monstrous PL. 

Let's be honest, Neymar has tolerated the Brazilian league and they're not any better than the prem. He would tear this league a new one. 

In fact it's this emphasis on physicality and less of it on technique and actual talent that is failing this league in Europe.

1 hour ago, Hybrid Angel said:

Yes because David Silva and even our little own Hazard are struggling in the monstrous PL. 

Let's be honest, Neymar has tolerated the Brazilian league and they're not any better than the prem. He would tear this league a new one. 

In fact it's this emphasis on physicality and less of it on technique and actual talent that is failing this league in Europe.

I definitely agree with your criticism of the PL. I think to have a realistic chance of winning the PL and the CL, you need to find the right blend of physicality and technicality within the squad. It's the philosophy in which we apply to our football that is holding us back in Europe, starting from grass roots level up. It will be interesting to see how Pep gets on in the PL now he has the squad he desired. 

Neymar to PSG Transfer to Undergo UEFA Financial Fair Play Investigation

According to Spanish news agency EFE (h/t Sport), UEFA released a statement regarding the deal: 

"All clubs in Europe must respect financial fair-play rules and must demonstrate that they do not have losses of more than €30 million over three years.

"As part of the continuous monitoring of clubs under financial fair play regulations, UEFA will look into the details of this transfer in due course to ensure PSG are compliant with FFP requirements.

"The transfer of Neymar to PSG will have an effect on the club finances over several years but the impact of such an operation cannot be judged in advance, notably as PSG could well sell several players for a significant amount.

"We shall therefore only make calculations at the end and make sure that they respect the rules."

Not sure about City. But our case certainly different than PSG, even if we spent the same amount as Neymar release clause (which we haven't yet), we have sell tons of players, got new sponsor, prize money from winning the league, etc.

We are okay to spent that amount, while obviously PSG are not okay to spent that much, without selling. Hence UEFA will launch an investigation for it. FFP is real and isn't a joke. Once again our condition are totally different than PSG.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You