Neymar

the wes

1. I would love to see Neymar do those step overs against the likes of Terry, Puyol, Ramos, Vidic, Hummels, etc.

2. Against Argentina and Barcelona, top teams, he bottled it in the highest fashion. One of the worst players on the pitch. I assume of a player of the hype you all so drool over, would pull in a better shift than that.

3. Seedorf is a 30+ central midfielder and one of the top scorers. Truly a league of high quality

4. At this rate, hopefully he doesn't end up like Robinho

1. You will see, dont worry...

2. What game vs Argentina? Against Barcelona he was one man in a average team. Put CR7 on Getafe and ask him to play well.

3. You didnt got my laugh mate, just forget.

4. LOOOOOOOL. He is 11342464674362462356 times better than any player we produced since Ronaldo (yes).

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Have one word for this guy-- "OVERRATED"

IMO hazard and gotze are currently much better than him playing in stronger leagues also whenever I watch brazil its oscar who catches my eye not neymar :dunno:

but have to agree he has huge potential.........

IMO hazard and gotze are currently much better than him playing in stronger leagues also whenever I watch brazil its oscar who catches my eye not neymar :dunno:

This.

He does have potential to be great, but so do players with the likes of Munian, Eriksen, El Shararwy, and Hazard and they are not nearly as over hyped as Neymar and all play in stronger leagues day in and day out.

He has become so over hyped that with his performances against top sides, I'm not surprised that he bottles it and gets a constant reality check.

He has potential. But he has proven nothing to categorize himself along the likes of Messi and Ronaldo as some hilariously claim that he will someday be better than them.

"Messi is just a copy of Maradona, Neymar will be better than both of them" - Pele

Cringeworthy have fuck as usual.

This.

He does have potential to be great, but so do players with the likes of Munian, Eriksen, El Shararwy, and Hazard and they are not nearly as over hyped as Neymar and all play in stronger leagues day in and day out.

He has become so over hyped that with his performances against top sides, I'm not surprised that he bottles it and gets a constant reality check.

He has potential. But he has proven nothing to categorize himself along the likes of Messi and Ronaldo as some hilariously claim that he will someday be better than them.

"Messi is just a copy of Maradona, Neymar will be better than both of them" - Pele

Cringeworthy have fuck as usual.

I respect Pelé and all that he had done but I have several problems with him:

• He constantly lies to enhance his repuatation. He doesn't need to do this and it frustrates me. He is already one of the greatest (if not the) of all time. So why must he insist that he won three World Cups. He didn't, Brasil won them.
  • The 1088 goals bollocks. I count 643 official competitive goals. With another 77 for Brasil (from friendlies). That's 720 goals. Nothing to shake a stick at.
  • The constant hyping up of whatever 17 year old has potential at Santos.
  • The constant bagging on Messi and Maradona. I get it; you don't like Argentines. He'd be sycophancy-ing them something fierce if they were Brasilian.
  • How he ignores a lot of players he played with, by giving them no recognition. Garrincha? Who is that?
  • How he belives he is the greatest player the World Cup has ever seen yet he was outperformed in every WC he played in. Just Fontaine? Garrincha? Eusébio? Gerd Müller?

Bloody Pelé. At least Maradona is entertaing.

This!

players like Hazard, Oscar, Reus, Gotze, Isco ect are all ahead of Neymar! they are all learning and developing their game at the highest level whereas Neymar has got as far as he can in Brazil and wont develop anywhere near as well as the European based players! the only way for Neymar to develop further is by coming to Europe asap! and 2014 is just to late imo. Neymar will be 22/23 years old when he comes to Europe and he will be at the stage where the likes of Hazard, Oscar, Reus, Gotze, Isco ect were when they were 19-21 years old, so Neymar will always be behind them in his development.

He will be a great player no doubt but imo he will never reach the very top, look at Ronlado for example it took him 3 season from the age of 18-21 to really develop into the player he is today, Neymar is already 21 and is still not even playing in Europe! no way will he ever win a Ballon d'or imo,

This!

players like Hazard, Oscar, Reus, Gotze, Isco ect are all ahead of Neymar! they are all learning and developing their game at the highest level whereas Neymar has got as far as he can in Brazil and wont develop anywhere near as well as the European based players! the only way for Neymar to develop further is by coming to Europe asap! and 2014 is just to late imo. Neymar will be 22/23 years old when he comes to Europe and he will be at the stage where the likes of Hazard, Oscar, Reus, Gotze, Isco ect were when they were 19-21 years old, so Neymar will always be behind them in his development.

He will be a great player no doubt but imo he will never reach the very top, look at Ronlado for example it took him 3 season from the age of 18-21 to really develop into the player he is today, Neymar is already 21 and is still not even playing in Europe! no way will he ever win a Ballon d'or imo,

Totally agree there he has stagnated his own development playing in a league with weak defenders . He couldn't even make glen johnson break a sweat whereas oscar was miles better than him last night was brazil's best player... i think oscar's decision moving to europe before world cup have been the right one & will make him even more better player.....

Neymar is clearly incredibly skilful and a wonderful natural talent, but the comparisons with Messi and Ronaldo are ill-founded. Messi and Ronaldo are proven at club level in the best leagues in world football, as well as on the international stage (albeit not to the same extent). Until Neymar makes the transition to Europe, which I think he eventually will, we cannot make the comparisons. The Brazilian league is a lot stronger than people in Europe give credit for; in fact the whole of South American football is not as far behind European football as a lot of us would like to thing. Nevertheless, it is still an obvious step-up from the Brazilian league to La Liga or the Premier League, and until Neymar shows he can tear it up to the same extent as the likes of Ronaldo, Messi, Mata, Pirlo etc., to me he will just be a kid with potential, and not a superstar. There's no doubting the talent he has, but the fact he seems reluctant to move to one of the big three leagues (Spain, England, Germany) suggests to me is that he is the one who doubts himself.

AS much as i would love to have him, I would rather take the $60 million and buy at least 3 good players.. He would be a massive gamble, and the English media will destroy him if he doesn't score 30+ goals in his first season.

You have seen how a flop has affected our risk taking in the transfer department. Imagine it happened again?

Then again, he would sell T-shirts and pretty much make us the most followed Premier League team in Brasil.

Talent yes, very much so!

Fun to watch, very much so (love his moves)!

Overhyped, very much so!

Incredible gay hairstyle and diva attitude, yes, very much so!

A good Chelsea investment for that price. Definitely not I think.

Neymar is clearly incredibly skilful and a wonderful natural talent, but the comparisons with Messi and Ronaldo are ill-founded. Messi and Ronaldo are proven at club level in the best leagues in world football, as well as on the international stage (albeit not to the same extent). Until Neymar makes the transition to Europe, which I think he eventually will, we cannot make the comparisons. The Brazilian league is a lot stronger than people in Europe give credit for; in fact the whole of South American football is not as far behind European football as a lot of us would like to thing. Nevertheless, it is still an obvious step-up from the Brazilian league to La Liga or the Premier League, and until Neymar shows he can tear it up to the same extent as the likes of Ronaldo, Messi, Mata, Pirlo etc., to me he will just be a kid with potential, and not a superstar. There's no doubting the talent he has, but the fact he seems reluctant to move to one of the big three leagues (Spain, England, Germany) suggests to me is that he is the one who doubts himself.

Mate, I see where you are going and I do agree, but it is not fear or anything...

He has the perfect life in Brazil. He makes more than 1 million pound per month and going to Europe would make him lose half of his sponsors. Also, he lives in one of the best cities in Brazil (Santos), keeps contact with his friends, sail in his 6 million pound yatch and ride his Porsche Panamera to training. He has the beach at his fingertips and he has the whole country cheering for him and a secured spot in the starting lineup.

Why would he risk all of this to go to Europe with 18-20 years old? He will be 22 in 2014, one year older than Oscar is now...

Mate, I see where you are going and I do agree, but it is not fear or anything...

He has the perfect life in Brazil. He makes more than 1 million pound per month and going to Europe would make him lose half of his sponsors. Also, he lives in one of the best cities in Brazil (Santos), keeps contact with his friends, sail in his 6 million pound yatch and ride his Porsche Panamera to training. He has the beach at his fingertips and he has the whole country cheering for him and a secured spot in the starting lineup.

Why would he risk all of this to go to Europe with 18-20 years old? He will be 22 in 2014, one year older than Oscar is now...

I don't know....to become the best player he could possibly be??

I'm not sure if he has the bottle if being a big fish in a small pond is so appealing to him.

I don't know....to become the best player he could possibly be??

I'm not sure if he has the bottle if being a big fish in a small pond is so appealing to him.

LOOOOOL

Europe is not better at developing him than Brazil, LOOOOOOOOOOL.

He will be fucking 22 in 2014, he does not care if he will be the best player he can possibily be before that, get real. He will go to Europe and still play 10 years or so...

Also, he would lose a lot of money going to Europe before 2014. He is making way more money than any club can pay!

LOOOOOL

He will be fucking 22 in 2014, he does not care if he will be the best player he can possibily be before that, get real. He will go to Europe and still play 10 years or so...

Also, he would lose a lot of money going to Europe before 2014. He is making way more money than any club can pay!

He'd be playing at a higher standard, with better players around him. How on Earth could that not make him better?

The last line seems to be most important - money.

LOOOOOL

yes it is!

Neymar will be around 24/25 years old when he fully develops and adapts to European football! Neymar at the age of 22 when he comes to Europe will basically be where the likes of Ronaldo and Messi were at the age of 18/19 by the time you get to 22/23 years old you should have really had a good few years of developing at the highest level to have any chance of becoming the best in the world, that is why Neymar will never get anywhere the level of Messi and Ronaldo! thats why i just have to laugh whenever he gets compared to them. Neymar will be closer to a Robinho than the likes of Ronlado or Messi and he only has himself to blame!

All these famous Brazilians need to stop embarrassing themselves as well and stop acting as if Neymar will win them the world cup because it just isnt going to happen!

yes it is!

Neymar will be around 24/25 years old when he fully develops and adapts to European football! Neymar at the age of 22 when he comes to Europe will basically be where the likes of Ronaldo and Messi were at the age of 18/19 by the time you get to 22/23 years old you should have really had a good few years of developing at the highest level to have any chance of becoming the best in the world, that is why Neymar will never get anywhere the level of Messi and Ronaldo! thats why i just have to laugh whenever he gets compared to them. Neymar will be closer to a Robinho than the likes of Ronlado or Messi and he only has himself to blame!

All these famous Brazilians need to stop embarrassing themselves as well and stop acting as if Neymar will win them the world cup because it just isnt going to happen!

Agree...

Neymar was worse than Torres last night in terms of misses ;)

Definite potential - would it evaporate on a cold night in Stoke? Probably... Just doesn't look mentally tough enough...

As @the only place to be said - I think he rather likes being a big fish in a small pond....

For £20-£25 million he's worth a punt though ;)

LOOOOOL

From the looks of it Oscar is leaving him behind. Neymar has to move soon in order to realise his full potential.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You