Bertrand Traoré

Swoopz

I'm done. How the hell are we sending on loan this guy? Worst of all back to the Eredivisie. This is insane.

I hope it isn't true. Loaning him to Ajax would have made sense last season, but completely pointless this time around unless we are signing Lukaku & Icardi.

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

I hope it isn't true. Loaning him to Ajax would have made sense last season, but completely pointless this time around unless we are signing Lukaku & Icardi.

Doesn't matter if we're signing Icardi and Lukaku. This, for me is just a waste, a huge waste. A completely insane decision.
Traoré has shown to be the readiest of our younger players, and what do we do? We bloody send him on loan. I was actually furious once I had read the news.
This is complete and utter nonsense, this club is slowly becoming a joke.

Doesn't matter if we're signing Icardi and Lukaku. This, for me is just a waste, a huge waste. A completely insane decision.

Traoré has shown to be the readiest of our younger players, and what do we do? We bloody send him on loan. I was actually furious once I had read the news.

This is complete and utter nonsense, this club is slowly becoming a joke.

It's a common trend at this club. Loan young players out and hardly give them a chance to cement a place in the squad.

I mean, the kid is not perfect, how could he be anyway? He's so young still. But look at what he did once he was given minutes; he proved in those few minutes to be ready to have a role in this team, not as a starter, of course not, but as a more than valid backup player. He can play 4 positions quite comfortably.
And we bloody send him on a pointless loan to a league he's already owned, we can't even properly nurture our own talent.

MUST mean we have bought a striker

Lets hope Ajax does him good but its fuckin ridiculous. Shifting him and Kenedy is just plain daft. We dont know IF Chalobah is staying yet. Should send RLC out if anyone

I might see the reasoning with the pressure on to make Europe and in 'that' meeting they were to have after preseason there MAY have been pressure to use more completre players. Instead of giving Conte a years grace to let him bring on a couple of youth, buy a couple of good players this year while taking a good look at the whole squad to see what we really do need.

But we know there must be amazing pressure put on Conte to succeed. (I dont know - dont ask me why we haven't bought any more players yet. Im just playing devils advocate  :P )

He's above Eredivisie level, the only benefit I can see from going there is getting valuable Champions League experience should Ajax get through to the group stages. Anyways think he'll do brilliantly there, he already scored 14 league goals couple seasons back for the same manager at a way worse club and they have an opening for the starting lineup with Arkadiusz Milik having been sold to Napoli this summer. 20-25 league goals is not at all unreasonable to ask for.

I'm against loaning him out in the first place cause I think he's more than ready for a role at Chelsea but now that it looks likely he's heading on a loan I would've at least hoped it was to like Bundesliga or something, not Eredivisie again.

This is a brilliant move actually, gets to play for a big club, fight for the league title and work for a manager he's already scored 17 goals under during 14/15 season. Ajax have no better centre forward than him in the squad, he's going there to play as a regular starter for a club that has produced so many quality players during the years. Don't know what is wrong with that. Arkadiusz Milik is probably the most wasteful centre forward I've seen in the past years, still Ajax have managed to get £28m for him. Average to decent player, not more than that, but that pacey league in Holland helped him. Ajax are an offensive minded team full of talented players upfront, no doubt Traore is going to thrive there under a manager he knows and will play him to his strenghts.

I'm Dutch so I might get a good glimpse of him while he is here at Ajax. 

It's a good opportunity for him to develop. Ajax is the biggest club here in Holland so the pressure is high. They only have Dolberg as a striker but Bertrand is much better than he is so he'll be a starter here. As long as he doesn't score against PSV AND we getting a good replacement I have no objections lol. 

In 1998 we signed Mikael Forssell I was genuinely excited. I thought we are now a force to be reckoned with we've got a genuine young prospect and our scouting network seems to be one of the best. Forssell didn't quite make it and ever since then it's been the same old story to the point where if I read Chelsea are interested in any youngster I just think waste of time for that poor kid. Traore if he does go on loan will be a travesty especially while keeping Remy who's either always injured or seems disinterested. Just utterly baffling if it happens but as he's a Chelsea youngster not that surprising .

He's 20 years old and whilst it's frustrating it's reality that he would not get a sniff ahead of Costa and Batshuayi, really simple. Sitting on the bench teaches him fuck all, loan move away at a club where he plays regular and learns is vital.