Bertrand Traoré

Swoopz

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Rapkun said:

For those asking about buy-back clauses, they can't be included in contracts in france. Same thing happened with Jese and Depay when they were sold. But the low fee is very suspicious. Media was talking about 20m euros for quite sometime and suddenly they only pay half of it. There must be some kind of bonus we're getting outside of the 15% sale clause. Otherwise, sell us Lacazette at 30m tbh.

Lyon's on stock exchange, so they'd have to report if any bonuses were included. They only reported 10m + 15% sell-on clause, so that's it.

5 hours ago, pHaRaOn said:

Lyon's on stock exchange, so they'd have to report if any bonuses were included. They only reported 10m + 15% sell-on clause, so that's it.

I didn't mean money bonuses. I meant other agreements like priority on possible signings, view on academy, loaning players etc.. Some clubs do that. Besides, they have the best academy in france. and right now and probably for more years coming some of the best talents in the world are coming from there. So it makes sense to build a solid relationship with them. Anyway I'm just speculating and trying to understand how a player like him is worth less than our back-up goalie. Maybe the club is just betting on the combination of sell-on clause, first refusal and possibly player's preference.

• 3 months later...

I wonder if we could have done more to convince him to stay, reasoning being I think Conte would trust him more than Musonda due to large experience in the Dutch League. Perhaps easy to say in hindsight now he's starting at a top French team 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Leif said:

I wonder what Michy was deemed to have which Traore didn't. Another goal. He's not special, but he's good.

Traore wanted to be a starting XI player....as for Michy, he doesn't seem to care if he's second choice, he's more interested in twitter :(

• 6 months later...