Bertrand Traoré

Swoopz

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Some of you might want a little update on him? He came in at Ajax and their manager Bosz played him as striker but Dolberg (yes, you primary know that name from FIFA LOL) has been the better striker at Ajax. So, not good for Bertrand but Bosz still gives him confidence and plays him as RW. Their main RW-er El Ghazi is wank so...

Drew against Feyenoord yesterday. Big game of course because that rivalry between Ajax and Feyenoord is sickening. 

He was very poor and tbh he has been this since he came into Ajax so if he doesn't get his game up quickly I doubt him having a future as starter or bench player. Even more when Tammy is banging in goals at Bristol City... 

On 23/10/2016 at 11:04 PM, BoyBlue96 said:

Some of you might want a little update on him? He came in at Ajax and their manager Bosz played him as striker but Dolberg (yes, you primary know that name from FIFA LOL) has been the better striker at Ajax. So, not good for Bertrand but Bosz still gives him confidence and plays him as RW. Their main RW-er El Ghazi is wank so...

Drew against Feyenoord yesterday. Big game of course because that rivalry between Ajax and Feyenoord is sickening. 

He was very poor and tbh he has been this since he came into Ajax so if he doesn't get his game up quickly I doubt him having a future as starter or bench player. Even more when Tammy is banging in goals at Bristol City... 

I thought he had started off well for them. Scored 3 goals didn't he? But last I read was the manager was pissed at him for showboating in games

11 hours ago, Unionjack said:

I thought he had started off well for them. Scored 3 goals didn't he? But last I read was the manager was pissed at him for showboating in games

Yes he was lol. Traoré was more busy being a showoff than helping his team...but the thing is that Ajax fans still remember him from his first loan spell at Vitesse and he was amazing there so they expected more from him than he does now because most of the Ajax fans are not impressed by him. If you come in as a loannee striker and that Dolberg kid forces the manager Peter Bosz to put him on the right wing because he has been much better than Traoré, things aren't going the way it should. 

Tldr: at the moment, he wouldn't even make it to our bench. 

3 minutes ago, BoyBlue96 said:

Yes he was lol. Traoré was more busy being a showoff than helping his team...but the thing is that Ajax fans still remember him from his first loan spell at Vitesse and he was amazing there so they expected more from him than he does now because most of the Ajax fans are not impressed by him. If you come in as a loannee striker and that Dolberg kid forces the manager Peter Bosz to put him on the right wing because he has been much better than Traoré, things aren't going the way it should. 

Tldr: at the moment, he wouldn't even make it to our bench. 

Not soiunding promising then eh. And unfortunately I canty see a home for him here next season. Its a shame we loaned him out but I think hers missed his chance. With us anyway.

Nope.. definitely not doing good at Ajax

It's an article about Frank de Boer's brother Ronald saying Ajax should sent Traoré back to Chelsea in January...lot of Ajax fans agree with that and I understand why because he is in very poor form. 

Google Translate for those who are interested in reading it. No doubt Chelsea and Conte keeping taps on him...if he keeps on like this he's a goner. 

On 11/3/2016 at 10:53 AM, the wes said:

Bertrand Traore, 21, who is on loan at Ajax, is not in good shape, according to the Dutch side's head coach Peter Bosz.(Voetbal International - in Dutch

He's a talented player but I feel bad for him. 

He does relatively well for Vitesse in 2 seasons, the club rewards him with a fringe first team role, he makes 10 appearances, then the new manager comes in and he's told to go back to the same league on loan..

At least send him to a more challenging league (like Bundesliga or Spain or France)..

On 02/11/2016 at 11:53 PM, the wes said:

Bertrand Traore, 21, who is on loan at Ajax, is not in good shape, according to the Dutch side's head coach Peter Bosz.(Voetbal International - in Dutch

He shoulda  left us in pretty good nickk being with us under Conte pre season and playing the end of last season.

I really do think he would make a really good LWB with his speed,good in fedence and aw a MF Specially with a good left foot. ,But hindsight is wonderful.

It would be worth trying him out ast it next pre season, We will need good depth for Europe.

22 hours ago, Unionjack said:

He shoulda  left us in pretty good nickk being with us under Conte pre season and playing the end of last season.

I really do think he would make a really good LWB with his speed,good in fedence and aw a MF Specially with a good left foot. ,But hindsight is wonderful.

It would be worth trying him out ast it next pre season, We will need good depth for Europe.

He's definitely not a defender. Always been a forward. Not the greatest defensively either. Would only consider him in that Pedro role tbh. 

59 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

He's definitely not a defender. Always been a forward. Not the greatest defensively either. Would only consider him in that Pedro role tbh. 

I bet till a few shorrt weeks ago you woudnt have dreamed Moses be  so good wwhere he is tho. Im not saying as 1st choice but I think it would be good for a trial pre season.

Personally Id rather buy a player who has trained to do the job at the highest levels.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys, 

I'm a Dutch Ajax fan who also follows CFC quite closely and I wanted to give you a little update and more of an in-depth review of Berto's performance at Ajax.

The first couple of games Bosz played him as a central striker and it became painfully clear that he is not equipped to play in that role in a side that dominates the play and needs to create chances in small spaces. He let defenders run circles around him, couldn't win any of his duels, couldn't hold up the play and, most importantly, couldn't get on the end of chances. Every time he got the ball he either lost it, or needed to drop back past our attacking midfielders. Still, on a few occasions, you could see that special something that he has where he glides past defenders or quickly makes a turn around defenders. 

At Vitesse, he played as a central striker and performed well, so why couldn't he do the same at Ajax? When he was at Vitesse, the chances he got came forth from counter attacking football, where he could run at defenders in loads of space. At Ajax, where the opponents in the league just let you have the ball most of the time, he needed to play with his back to the goal and that just doesn't work for him. This is illustrated by the fact that his only goal playing as a central striker for Ajax was the result of a counter attacking move against Panathinaikos in the Europa League. 

Then came the game against Go Ahead Eagles, a newly promoted side in the Eredivisie. Peter Bosz wanted to try something new and started Dolberg, who performed really well in preseason. Berto started on the right wing ahead of El Ghazi. Berto had some very good attacking runs and one of them resulted in a penalty. Since that game he has played all his games on the right wing.

There are still a lot of aspects of his game that needs improvement if he wants a future as a winger at Chelsea, or even at a club like Ajax. First of all, his lack of awareness of the opposition when the ball is played towards him. He simply doesn't know where the defender is and looses the ball in a very childish way. This happens quite a lot. If he learns to watch his opponent and use his body to cover the ball this problem is gone. Second of all, his game lacks depth. With the pace he has, he should make more runs behind the opposition's defense, with a player like Ziyech behind you, the ball will be played to you at the right time and with the right speed, so no excuses there. Last but definitely not least, his finishing is just plain shite. He gets an average of two one-on-one's in a game and scores not even half of them. This may be related to the fact that his style of play is very careless, if that's the right way to put it. He seems to think too easy of the game and this results in very poor finishing, but also in loss of possession and bad passing.

This carelessness is the reason why the media in Holland and a lot of the Ajax fans want to send him back. They seem to forget that this guy is only 20 years old, still needs to learn a lot and also needs some time to adjust. This carelessness is also the reason that I personally hate him and love him at the same time. Sometimes it results in chances, assists, goals or just beautiful attacking moves. However, most of the time it results in loss of possession. If he somehow figures out when he can and needs to look careless and when he needs to concentrate on keeping possession he definitely has potential.

Here are the highlights from Sunday's game, where he scored once, but needed to score three or four. One of those chances isn't even shown in the video.

https://youtu.be/cfDXzaR_03w

It somehow doesn't want to embed it, but I hope it will show up ;)

As you can see, there are no excuses for Traore. Ajax plays well at the moment. The central striker Dolberg drops deep quite often to create space to run in to for the wingers, midfielders like Ziyech and Schöne are quite good in playing through balls and because off the high pressure from the back four Ajax retrieves possession in promising areas of the pitch, which resulted in a goal for Berto.

I read that some of you wanted to try him out as a wingback. IMO, he definitely has the work rate for it. He always tracks the run of the opponent's fullback. I doubt however if he has the eye for positioning that is needed. A wingback needs to prevent the opposition from creating a two against one scenario on the wing, the main tool for this is anticipation through positioning and I doubt Berto's abilities in this. Look at that dangerous shot from distance from Sunday's game. He did track back really well, but then he shifts his position, because he only has eye for his direct opponent, and the opponent has some space to line up his shot. A good wingback wouldn't let that happen IMO.

I think the judgment of Berto in the Dutch media is a bit harsh. He is fitting in better and better and with players like Ziyech and Dolberg in the squad he is bound to become a better player than he was or would have been if he sat on the bench at Chelsea this whole season. Also, his direct competitor for the right wing spot El Ghazi is under performing and recently has been punished for bad behavior, so he will keep his spot at least until the winter break. If he keeps improving like he does he will be a better and more complete winger than he was before joining Ajax. My hopes are that he will improve exponentially. If that is the case, and his next loan spell would be at a Premier League side (this has to be one of the better ones! One that always wants to dominate possession!), he could become a decent Chelsea winger. If he doesn't improve exponentially, but at the same rate he does now, I am afraid (not really, it is still a decent level) that Ajax is the best he can get so to speak.

That's all I had for now, hope you guys liked it. And sorry if there is any bad English in there ;)

If there are any questions about Berto, Ajax or other Eredivisie players just let me know.