Bertrand Traoré

Swoopz

I watched the first half hour today before going for something to eat so I just missed his goal. He played as one of two strikers in a 4-4-2. In the 30 minutes I saw he mainly looked good. He was neat and quick and even when things went wrong you could see he was trying to do the right things. Towards to end of what I saw though there were one or two loose touches.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You watch him a lot?

I've watched him quite a bit recently and he's really turning his talent into productivity lately, some excellent performances. Eredivisie is perfect for his development. Interested to see whether he gets a WP next year. Could make it as our 5th choice AM IMO. If not, loan him out to a slightly tougher league like France and see how he does there.

You watch him a lot?

I watch him practically every weak, depends when they play.

This guy has a special talent, it's obvious. I was very interested in him ever since I saw him in an Asian Tour in 2013. Well, even before that. He had in earliest FMs the highest potential in Chelsea youth and I didn't even know who this guy is. Why he doesn't play at all when I watch youth ? Then only in 2013 I discovered what is going on. Chelsea practically keep him since 2010 but there were shady deals why they can't sign him before turning 18. Anyway, there's a reason why Chelsea even bothered in a first place. Mourinho already said that they're waiting for a work permit. He said that this kid is "emotionally stable" (he likes this word very much, doesn't he ?) and is ready to make an impact. Mourinho, when talking youth, often talks about emotional stability in them and if they cope with pressure. At least a couple of times he said that he has to get his work permit because he's playing in a senior national team since 15.

Like I said, I really like Bertrand as a player. Here's why.

1. He has absolutely exquisite technique. For real. First touch always first class. He controls ball brilliantly. In Poland we often say that "a ball doesn't trouble him" when we want to say in funny way that somebody has technique. Yep, a ball definitely doesn't trouble Bertrand at all. His coach in Vitesse said that he never saw someone with that technique and he passes even his hardest challenges in training with ease.

2. He has very good vision. In his debut with first contact with the ball he immediately showed unorthodox thinking. I said to myself "like what" ? He really sees thing differently, a whole new set of ways where to pass. He knows how to wait that extra second to pass the ball in time, it's natural for him. You either have it or don't. And to be fair he's waisted as a centre forward in that regard because that feature is not utilized enough.

3. He has fantastic physical traits. It's evident that muscles are eager to grow on him. He's significantly broader and quicker compared to last year. He's really, really fast. With added muscles he can handle himself better. He makes tens of sprint every match at the same intensity and that says he has a very good stamina too. Don't know how he'd cope with match every 3 days but playing every week he's showing that athletically he's very good.

Technique + vision + athleticism = a gem of a player

He scores a lot currently but I don't think that centre forward is his final position. Versatility is very good, but he has so much to his game that in better teams would be used better. He evidently to me would thrive with better environment. He is eager to play a passing game but with Vitesse team it's difficult. That's why he is playing as a centre forward. He strikes the ball very well and has superb athleticism so in Vitesse team it's better when he plays upfront. But he has lots of potential left to be used.

To be fair I think he'll be with Chelsea next season if he secures his work permit. But there's big IF. With new rules to meet work permit criteria, for some it will be easier, for some harder. No appeals. A special talent work permit has to be obtained for him. And it'll be difficult.

He has a great first touch, ball control and shot. And he's very calm and composed on the ball.

But its just preseason so let's not put much pressure on him

fantastic signing. I love players with amazing ball control like him. He's everything mourinho wants in the right wing, (left footed, can shoot from distance, strong, fast and has great ball control)

In a few years he'll nail a starting position for us, i'm confident of it.

I just had a feeling he's too good. I've never been this impressed about our youth team player not even KDB impressed me this much.

I'm so confident in his abilities that if he's given 5 straight games in front of Oscar or Willian he'll relegate them to the bench like zouma.

I think he should be in Chelsea next season ... loans to big clubs are very risky (Atsu). They have a lot of quality players and they will often "push forward" their own youngsters and players even if they are not as good as loanees.
cr
But under Mourinho I can't see him gettin a lot of minutes here. And also our transfers made a lot of crowd in his position (AMC - AML/R -> Hazard, Willian, Oscar, Cudrado, Remy*, Ramires*, Fabregas*, Piazon, Salah, Atsu, Moses and a lot of youth talents)

Is he more a right winger or a CF?

Are his dribbling skills really good enough to defeat more than on player?

His shooting skills are really amazing.Respect.

I just hope that we do not sell him because he could become the next KDB 2.0,when it comes to potential

Is he more a right winger or a CF?

Are his dribbling skills really good enough to defeat more than on player?

His shooting skills are really amazing.Respect.

I just hope that we do not sell him because he could become the next KDB 2.0,when it comes to potential

He is a right winger but his vision is very good so he can easily play behind the striker.

If we sell him without even giving him a chance here, no attacking teenager will make it in our club. You won't find better talent than this at this age.

He is a right winger but his vision is very good so he can easily play behind the striker.

If we sell him without even giving him a chance here, no attacking teenager will make it in our club. You won't find better talent than this at this age.

We need a proper RW...

• 4 weeks later...