Yossi Benayoun

Milan

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope Yossi will stay, at least till the end of his contract. Chelsea still need his experience as an old player. Robbie should keep yossi but put florent on the transfer list. Florent's peak performance was under don carlo

Hmm - I still say a decent pre-season, bit of confidence and he might get back to 90% of his former self...

A 90% Essien is a still a great player in many teams eyes :)

I really hope he can do it - love watching the guy, gets upended in a BIG tackle - camera zooms in - he's smiling about it - the dude is constantly smiling - really love that attitude and I'm sure he makes the dressing room a more harmonious place, so even if he's not playing all of the time, just having him around would definitely make SB a brighter place to be!

Just my opinion though, no facts/evidence to go on - just know that everytime I have watched him play - he's been smiling! Which made me smile :)

I think Benayoun should stay.

He showed at Arsenal he's not a bad option to have on the bench, he can score goals and also not bad in the creativity department. Players like he and Meireles will be very valuable for cup games and also when key players need to be rested.

(Right now the only player i want to leave is Malouda, there's no space for him anymore!)

Well Lampard was shadow of the player that he was on start of the season too. Just saying.

That was different, Lampard was simply struggling with a different football philosophy and a coach who didn't believe him to be part of his long term plan. Essien's problems are physical, he speed is gone, his power is gone, his bravery is gone. He was never technically outstanding, he was always a physical midfielder but that physicality has been taken from him by injury.

Well Lampard was shadow of the player that he was on start of the season too. Just saying.

This is just not true. Lampard struggled during November and December but was very good early in the season. Lampard's first 10 Premier League games last season, he had 6 goals and 4 assists. I hope he struggles that badly this season. Essien's days as a box to box midfielder are over. It is possible that he can re-make himself as a defensive midfielder where he doesn't need the explosiveness he once had, but I have my doubts. Keeping Benayoun will probably have a lot to do with if Chelsea feel De Bruyne is ready or not and whether he would get enough time at Chelsea. If you're going to have someone only start about 5-10 games all season, I'd probably it rather be someone like Benayoun who can be help out at a decent level but doesn't need to develop for the future.

But at the moment he's the only one without squad number.

We can assume that the 11 still available means that we'll sign another striker. And that Benayoun not having a squad number probably means that Malouda'll leave considering he has Benayoun's favourite number (#15, not the one he snatched when he arrived)

Probably for Victor Moses if he comes here..he wears 11 for Wigan.