Yossi Benayoun

Milan

I supported the signing at the time, but with Hazard, Mata and Oscar all younger and more versatile, I would say he is surplus to requirements and a player who is only taking up a non-British slot in our squad.

British slot? I though it was English slot not British. Well, looks like I'm wrong, because I just realised there are Welsh clubs in the Premier League.

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"A lot has happened since I was last here. Unfortunately it didn't work out with Andre Villas-Boas, results weren't good enough but Robbie took the team, and we won the FA Cup and Champions League. I kept in touch and it was just great to see the club winning these trophies."

i know that he was under contract with us, but that doesn't sound right

Yeah does look weird. He shoulda said "They won the FA Cup and Champions League" And we won nothing again. And i agree with Alex although i like him, i just can't see how we can play him. I hope he goes somewhere where he'll be appreciated who play good football. He's still a very good player.

Can't hurt having a quality, experienced midfielder on the bench. Can play on the wings too.

Keeping him is a good idea, imo.

What's the point of paying his wages if he is very unlikely to contribute anything to the team? I would much rather give that spot on the bench to one of our talented youngsters.

What's the point of paying his wages if he is very unlikely to contribute anything to the team?

Don't forget we're in seven competitions next year. We're going to be playing a ton of games. Quality sub, quality starter for smaller PL teams/cup competitions.

Don't forget we're in seven competitions next year. We're going to be playing a ton of games. Quality sub, quality starter for smaller PL teams/cup competitions.

We have more than enough players for his role imo. For subs and smaller PL matches we'd be better off giving a chance for De Bruyne or Kakuta ( or Oscar if we sign him ) i.e. players that have a future at the club.

Malouda and Essien

Personally, I would like to see Essien be given another chance. He came back from injury in the middle of last season where things weren't going so well and wasn't quite given a consistent run of games to gain back his form. Still think he can play a part in this team especially if everything goes to plan in this pre-season for him.

We have more than enough players for his role imo. For subs and smaller PL matches we'd be better off giving a chance for De Bruyne or Kakuta ( or Oscar if we sign him ) i.e. players that have a future at the club.

While the two mentioned are talented, Yossi has experience and with letting a lot go, we need to keep some, who would you rather came on if we were 1-0 down in a title decider at Old Trafford?

While the two mentioned are talented, Yossi has experience and with letting a lot go, we need to keep some, who would you rather came on if we were 1-0 down in a title decider at Old Trafford?

Would you put Yossi on the field when we're 1-0 at Old Trafford? I certainly would not; not with the likes of Mata, Hazard, Lamps..etc around.

Personally, I would like to see Essien be given another chance. He came back from injury in the middle of last season where things weren't going so well and wasn't quite given a consistent run of games to gain back his form. Still think he can play a part in this team especially if everything goes to plan in this pre-season for him.

Mate it's over, Essien is finished.

British slot? I though it was English slot not British. Well, looks like I'm wrong, because I just realised there are Welsh clubs in the Premier League.

I think the term to be used is 'non-homegrown', as I'm sure hargreaves doesn't qualify.