Sami Khedira

RX8

Mikel and Khedira are different type of players. Obi is a backup for Matic: big, strong, high passing accuracy, lots of tackles.. Khedira is more like a box-to-box. Not a bad player but it'd be pointless to sign him and let Rami go, even if we earned a couple of millions on the Brazilian.

Actually the opposite is te case. Khedira is a classic DM. He is built like Mikel and has the exact same athletic characteristics. He is the defensive part of a dp mostly. Has a wider range of movement and tackles and is a bit more adventurous than obi. In short not even worth half of the salary he gets. If we sign him for a good 60 k PW he would be nice and tidy backup to magic.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like this world cup champion has really fallen out of favor in Madrid huh. Next year will be him being one year removed from his knee injury (corrrect me if im wrong).

Wouldnt mind signing him for cents on the dollar (..or pound) especially since he's worked with Mou

His reported wage demands are pretty insane. Even on a free transfer would we really pay a squad player those massive wages? Plus, he's not exactly young and seems to get injured quite often.

• 2 weeks later...

His a free signing and if Jose can convince him to sign for a reasonable wage it would be a great addition to our squad. Matic next to Khedira would be solid.

Is he really any better than Mikel? I have never, ever been sold on him.

Yes, he's easily better than Mikel.

Not sure I'd want him here with his wages, injury record, and age.

Yes, he's easily better than Mikel.

Not sure I'd want him here with his wages, injury record, and age.

Yeah only cause his a free agent now. It would add quality to the squad I reckon but only if the wages are reasonable.

Is he really any better than Mikel? I have never, ever been sold on him.

He's not a holding midfielder though. He does a decent job there, but not better than Mikel.

Pass on Khedira imo. He's been terrible since his return from his injury, and he wasn't even that good before his injury. Real reached a new level after his injury. Jack of all trades. Not a holding midfielder yet not dynamic, powerful or effective (barely scores or assists) enough to be a box-to-box midfielder. I read Schalke was really interested. He's perfect for that level.

Is he going to come in and dominate the league? Absolutely no chance Schneiderlin is streets ahead of this season's khedira. He is free for a reason

Is he going to come in and dominate the league? Absolutely no chance Schneiderlin is streets ahead of this season's khedira. He is free for a reason

You are right but I feel that neither of these players really helps us. We need a much bigger talent, on the level of Koke, Pogba etc because in the games against good teams (PSG, Barca, Madrid and Bayern etc) we get dominated in midfield. These two players are not going to help us in those types of games, which is where we really need to stand out in order to get to the next level from here. Otherwise we'll just win the league again next season and come short in the Champions League.

He's not a holding midfielder though. He does a decent job there, but not better than Mikel.

Pass on Khedira imo. He's been terrible since his return from his injury, and he wasn't even that good before his injury. Real reached a new level after his injury. Jack of all trades. Not a holding midfielder yet not dynamic, powerful or effective (barely scores or assists) enough to be a box-to-box midfielder. I read Schalke was really interested. He's perfect for that level.

This is always the impression I've had of him. Decent in a variety of positions, but not brilliant in any one of them. Considering we already have Rambo and Fabregas as the "versatile midfielder" in the side, he wouldn't bring much, except injuries and an inflated wage packet.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You