Tottenham vs Chelsea

BlueLion.

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know what was up with the players today, they played like it was a kick about in the local park.

No urgency, very little movement, misplaced passes, no desire, etc....

Stoke will be a massive game now. Todays result will either be a wake up call or demoralise the squad and hand the initiative back to Manure. We cannot afford to drop one more point in these next three games.

I hope Carlo rips every single one of them a new arsehole, as that display today was absolutely pathetic.

Actualy i shouldn't laugh about it, but that line was hilarious :lol:

Edited by Blueboy

Chelsea are still leading the table with one point...so we still are the leaders..Chelsea need to keep their concentration forget what happened at While Hart Lane and focus on the game against stoke.

It was Tottenham who played exceptional yest....but Chelsea have that fighting spirit and Chelsea will stay Ahead....Chelsea Rocks!!!

Tottenham 2 Chelsea 1

Really poor, really slow, just like against City and Wigan earlier in the season, the flaws in the side were really shown up yesterday against the Spuds. In midfield there is Deco, Lampard, Mikel(and Ballack when he replaced Mikel) on the wings were Malouda and Joe Cole. Id love to know which of thoe 5 players is the one who is supposed to inject a bit of pace into our play. Malouda has had a stunning season but the man is not lightening fast, neither is Joe Cole and our 3 man central midfield has all the speed the rock metamorphic cycle. Spurs attacks yesterday were quick and precise, in comparison ours were slow and laboured. Central midfield is an area that needs a serious look at in the Summer as well as a new winger.

Shit result, still a point ahead and surely it should be a kick up the backside to the lads that they cant get complacent, that they cant afford to drop anymore points.

Personally Im looking forward to the Summer, next season if we lose as many games as we have this season we will be lucky to get third, let alone first, the deadweight must go(starting with Paulo Ferriera)

The positives: Petr Cech who was bloody magnificent in goal.

The negatives: Everything else.

THE most frustrating game this season for me. Especially when the stakes are what they were. A shit performance all around. No excuse me while I don't talk about this one anymore and start looking towards next week.

Really poor, really slow, just like against City and Wigan earlier in the season, the flaws in the side were really shown up yesterday against the Spuds. In midfield there is Deco, Lampard, Mikel(and Ballack when he replaced Mikel) on the wings were Malouda and Joe Cole. Id love to know which of thoe 5 players is the one who is supposed to inject a bit of pace into our play.

Hence why we need more younger midfielders into the starting line, Mikel is a holding player so he wouldn't be the person we need. Matic and Kakuta would be perfect between Mikel and Lampard

Hi all, my first foray onto the forum.

One fault in yesterday's game and that has happened several times this season is John Terry pushing too far forward and leaving us exposed at the back.

This isn't a problem against a slower side with little attacking threat or when you're 6:0 up but, against a side with Defoe, Bale and Pavly.... , it's too dangerous.

I ask myself why has he started doing this more and more ? Is it Ancelotti's wish or is it JT's desire to prove himself as a better player than Ferdinand (which he is) or anyone else and make sure of his England spot ?

Whatever the reason is, it makes us weak at the back because teams are far more fearful of a John Terry inspired solid wall defence and not of a lumbering John Terry trying to get back and cut off an attack. Yesterday's red card has been coming for a while.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking Terry, I think he's excellent, the tactics of him pushing too far forward are what's at fault.

As one of the core parts of our team, he can't be made to change his game so it weakens us. This is currently what's been happening.

I'm still fuming about our performance, in particular John Terry's.

Cech - Excellent game, kept the score down

Ferriera - Awful

Terry - Awful

Alex - Better than Terry

Zhirkov - Got forward well

Mikel - No comment

Lampard - Couldnt impose himself on the game

Deco - Was he even playing?

J Cole - Fucking awful

Malouda - Probably our best outfield player

Drogba - Didnt look interested

Ballack - Some neat passing

Ivanovic - Steady, a welcome return

Anelka - Should have just stayed on the bench

The most embarressing thing yesterday was towards the end of the game our players throwing their toys out of the pram ie. Drogba pushing Huddlestone, Zhirkov kicking out, JT Diving in and pulling people down.

Boys you better sort yourselves out, dont throw it away!!!

The whole thing was shit, was just watching with amazement that this is the Chelsea team that's top of the best league in the world. I don't get it, we were just completely outplayed by a shattered tottenham team. Such labored attacking it was pathetic. Should've lost 4 or 5-1.

Had to laugh at Pavlyuchenko tho when he missed that chance towards the end when they went 3 on 1. well in fact, he had a shocker

The whole thing was shit, was just watching with amazement that this is the Chelsea team that's top of the best league in the world. I don't get it, we were just completely outplayed by a shattered tottenham team. Such labored attacking it was pathetic. Should've lost 4 or 5-1.

Had to laugh at Pavlyuchenko tho when he missed that chance towards the end when they went 3 on 1. well in fact, he had a shocker

Same here :D I was like: yeah, great it's 3:1, could it get any worse and then I burst out laughing. I think he wanted to fill that gap of 11 player that we had with Drogba so he was one of better players on our side :D

Really poor, really slow, just like against City and Wigan earlier in the season, the flaws in the side were really shown up yesterday against the Spuds. In midfield there is Deco, Lampard, Mikel(and Ballack when he replaced Mikel) on the wings were Malouda and Joe Cole. Id love to know which of thoe 5 players is the one who is supposed to inject a bit of pace into our play. Malouda has had a stunning season but the man is not lightening fast, neither is Joe Cole and our 3 man central midfield has all the speed the rock metamorphic cycle. Spurs attacks yesterday were quick and precise, in comparison ours were slow and laboured. Central midfield is an area that needs a serious look at in the Summer as well as a new winger.

Shit result, still a point ahead and surely it should be a kick up the backside to the lads that they cant get complacent, that they cant afford to drop anymore points.

Personally Im looking forward to the Summer, next season if we lose as many games as we have this season we will be lucky to get third, let alone first, the deadweight must go(starting with Paulo Ferriera)

:goodpost:this should be made a stickie, in my opinion correct in every detail, just to add it's sad that now cech has recovered his best form the rest are fuck up's.

regards: JBD

100% agree.

If Chelsea lose, maybe Abramovich will realize that this team need new good players. The midfield is not good as in the past. Lampard despite all his goals, played badly in many games of the season. The defence needs one really good guy to play alongside Alex or to make miracles when JT makes his mistakes.

Needs one defensive midfielder, because Mikel really should not play when Essien is out.

Chelsea played really bad against Wigan, City and Spurs like I´ve never seen since 2004.

I did watch it in Blackpool... I wish i never did. We were fucking shit!! It was pathetic!! Ferriera was shit. Zhirkov was shit. Terry was shit. Deco was fucking bollocks. Malouda was shit. J.Cole was shit. Drogba was shit. Lamps, Alex and Ballack were ok. Cech though was outstanding. The only positive to come from the game.

I hope Carlo rips into them because that was not acceptable. Come on boys, pull your fingers out. Don't throw it away now!