• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im really hoping for a team that looks like this

Cech

Ferreira , Alex , Terry , Zhirkov

Deco , Mikel

Joe Cole , Lampard , Malouda

Drogba

Dont you think Deco would get muscled out vs Carrick and Fletcher? Think Ballack's physical presence will see him start, although I wouldn't mind Deco starting ahead of Joe/Anelka.

Edited by DavidEU

Just listened to Jason Cundy making a tool out of Lou Macari who bumbled his way through a head-to-head discussion on the game. Cundy was basically laughing at him throughout after his ludicrous claims of Chelsea havent the players to handle the big games and that they hound the ref at every opportunity.

The last claim made me laugh considering its straight out of the Manure how to influence the ref handbook.

Just listening to their arrogant supporters on other forums make me want this more than anything in the past. I hope we fucking tank them. :D

deco would be much more of an impact in the game than ballack and i think fletcher will be sticking with lampard throughout the game but nobody can stick with lampard for a full game. most of are chances will probably be through malouda against gary nevile.

cech subs:turnbull

belletti

ferreira bruma

alex ballack

terry c kalou

zhirkov sturridge

anelka

mikel

deco

lampard

j.cole

drogba

malouda

Dont you think Deco would get muscled out vs Carrick and Fletcher? Think Ballack's physical presence will see him start, although I wouldn't mind Deco starting ahead of Joe/Anelka.

Spot on mate, reckon Balley's got a good chance of starting as a second holding midfielder, giving Frank the freedom to move forwards. United will probably play with one striker and a five-man midfield to stop Lampard bombing forward to support Flo and DD11.

Owen Hargreaves could return to the Manchester United bench after 19 months out with a knee injury, while John O'Shea could also return.

Wayne Rooney, injured in midweek, will be replaced by Dimitar Berbatov.

Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti will recall Didier Drogba, who has recovered from a knock that prevented him from training earlier this week.

Drogba's return could mean Joe Cole drops to the bench, with Nicolas Anelka taking up a deeper role.

Man Utd

Injured: Anderson (knee), Brown & Welbeck (both metatarsal), Owen (hamstring), Rooney (ankle)

Chelsea

Injured: Bosingwa, Essien & Ivanovic (all knee), Carvalho & A Cole (both ankle)

Guys, do you think ancelotti would start the game with drogba or keep him on the bench ?

i dont know but somehow we looked like a much more formidable team with lots of opportunities to score when drogba wasnt playing.

and that goes for the games during the African nations cup too.

guys drogba should start but it wouldn't be a disaster for me if he didn't and anelka did ...... but the real disaster will be if they both started then carlo will just prove he is sooo stupid ..... everyone including my grandmother knows we play better with 2 real wingers ....!!!!!

so please everyone putting them both in his start up line .... stop it !!!!

Deco has played so well in the last couple of games in that deep role and we need a player in there that can keep the team ticking over and add a little bit of creativity from the middle. Also I think Deco has a bit more pace about him than Ballack and thats something our midfield notoriously lacks. Personally I wouldnt fancy Ballack up against the younger, more energetic Man Utd midfield.

Drogba never shows up against Man Utd anyway and we seem to play so freely without him for some reason. tbh the team that played against Villa would feel a bit hard done by for the one(s) who miss out. We've scored 7 twice wthout Drogba. I know for a fact that Dids will have a mare tomorrow.

And btw Man Utd without Rooney, played 6 won 6

Chelsea without Drogba over Xmas, Played 5 won 5

Strange

Edited by OllieCFC

I dont think they would dare in a game as big as this. Even against a shit team, he wouldn't be ready to start. No doubt he'll come on if they are beating us 1-0 with 20 mins to go...

I love how they've been harping on about Manure winning 9/10 games this season without Rooney, 3 of those were in the Carling Cup and a few others were in the CL when they already had qualified. Basically diddy games when they could aford to leave him out.

They fail to mention that they have lost 9 games when he has been needed to perform against Chelsea x 2, Burnley, Liverpool, Fulham, Leeds, Man City, Everton & Bayern. Argueably harder and more important games.

Going by those sets of stats I'd rather Rooney was playing :whistling:

Also in 3 of those games Owen and Welbeck scored, They won't be playing now.

There's no looking back now, Just hope the players come off the pitch with no regrets, Leave blood, sweat and tears on that pitch, Fight for every ball and don't give United one bit of respect.