What's Going On With Joe Cole?

James

I think he should stop being a greedy bastard and take the 100.000 deal that's probably on the table. The only way he could get more then that is if he joins Man City and if he loves Chelsea as much as he says then it shouldn't really be any problems.

Edited by Endrit

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its reasnoble for him to demand some playing time because he is a quality player. I think his initiative and eagrness to get some playing time it admirable. Just hope he understands that he has to fit around ancelotti's plan, not the other way around.

he's not worth the pay rise he wants, he's nothing more than an impact sub who cant get into the england squad.

..i want him to stay for sentimental reasons, but he isn't good enough to demand ridiculous wages.

Edited by Terminator X

Why should it be Joe Cole that has to be on half what everyone else earns?

Chelsea made their bed and now they have to bite the bullet and lie in it. If they hadn't set up such a ridiculous wage structure to start with they wouldn't be in the position they're in now. But seeing as they thought it was ok to bend over while Lampard and Terry took what they wanted, they'll have to live with the consequences of that.

Obviously I'm not suggesting Joey is of quite the same calibre or standing at the club as either of them, but is £80,000 or whatever the latest figure is really on a par with £140,000 - £150,000? Joey's our most honest (and loyal) player and he isn't even trying to hold the club over a barrel here, he just wants some parity, which is completely justified. If the club aren't careful though, they'll lose him and he'll be a far more dangerous player if he ends up somewhere like United.

• 3 weeks later...

Cole talks continue

skysports.com

The agent of Chelsea midfielder Joe Cole has remained tight-lipped regarding rumours of a move to AC Milan as contract talks continue at Stamford Bridge.

Cole's current deal expires at the end of the season and he has been involved in discussions with the Blues for a number of months.Chelsea chairman Bruce Buck said in January that he was confident that a positive outcome would be reached, but there has not been a conclusion.

Milan are reported to be monitoring Cole's situation with a view to a possible free transfer in the summer, however, the midfielder's agent has declined to comment on the rumours.

David Giess told calciomercato.it: "AC Milan? All I can say is that we are talking to Chelsea about a renewal.

"We'll see what happens in the coming months. Currently there is no news of any kind."

Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti has said that he would like to keep Joe Cole, but he will not guarantee a permanent place in his side.

Cole offers Chelsea a bit of creativity and the ability to go past players , something that perhaps the squad does not have in abundance , that being said he hasnt performed so far this season , whatever way you paint it up he is not a world class player , no way should he get close to the wages of Lampard or Terry. Id like Joe Cole to stay , but with our transfer ban having been lifted , I honestly think that we could find a younger player with greater quality to play at the tip of the diamond or on the right wing.

Agreed. I don't think we can award him a new contract just because he's a fan favourite. We can't give him three or four more years based on what he's done previously in a Chelsea shirt. In my opinion, he needs to either step up his game, or find a new club. Malouda's been far more productive this season. Granted he's still not fully fit, but that's part of my point - Joe is injury-prone and I can't see him replicating the form he hit between 2005 and 2006 ever again.

• 1 month later...

Make or break time for him looming....

He has these last few games to impress the people that matter, and to determine whether he gets that lucrative contract. I am not even sure he will be given the chance , hes been so pony.

If he played for Man Utd he'd be as prolific and deadly as Rooney as Ferguson knows how to cajole and bully someone like him into brilliance. The only time he was truly World class was when Mourinho made him have extra training and publicly berated him. Hope he comes good, but running out of time...

Make or break time for him looming....

He has these last few games to impress the people that matter, and to determine whether he gets that lucrative contract. I am not even sure he will be given the chance , hes been so pony.

If he played for Man Utd he'd be as prolific and deadly as Rooney as Ferguson knows how to cajole and bully someone like him into brilliance. The only time he was truly World class was when Mourinho made him have extra training and publicly berated him. Hope he comes good, but running out of time...

he has been our most disappointing player this year ,,if at his age he still needs bullying to perform then his

best is behind him ..sad but he isnt worth his present salary or a starting place.

The question is now with him, what is going to be better for the club? If he can turn things around quickly then all will be well, but we don't want to be carrying anyone next season and we are carrying too many players at the moment...

• 2 weeks later...