What's Going On With Joe Cole?

James

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been reading various sites, it seems many people think the club should just offer him what his asking for. Others think his not worth the sort of wages JT and Frank get.

What's your opinion?

Certainly shouldn't be on the same wages at JT and Frank, that is for sure.

But i am also sure he isn't asking for that. I personally don't see anything to worry about. Joe wants to stay, the club wants him to stay. All this back an forth over wage demands is standard contract discussion, there will be a compromise in the end, Joe will be happy, Chelsea will be happy and the fans will be happy.

a guaranteed spot in the starting 11?

no player should have that guarantee, if they perform they can have that spot but it seems cole doesnt realise he isnt the player he was a while back, is it the injuries? is it that he isnt match fit? time will tell personally id sell him while you still can.

Joe Cole is one of the best in England and not best in the world. Whereas Lampard, Terry, Drogba, Ballack are best in the world. Top European Players(Ballack may not be the same now). He definately needs to be amongst that elite group to command that salary.

Joe Cole is one of the best in England and not best in the world. Whereas Lampard, Terry, Drogba, Ballack are best in the world. Top European Players(Ballack may not be the same now). He definately needs to be amongst that elite group to command that salary.

Agreed i think joe sould get about 90,000 a week then if he is a key player and proves he is the same player as 05-06 then he gets his 130,000 a week demand.

what?

if it were a del piero at coles age or cole who would you choose?

i wasnt even saying that or comparing the players, cole doesnt come close to del piero though.

just comparing salary's

I agree cole will never be as good as what del piero was del piero was a once in a blue moon player.

It really annoys me all this negotiation crap. Carlo even said nobody has a guarantee'd spot in the side neway, obv there are arguables like JT lamps etc and they deserve to be there as mentioned above, Cole has the abiity to be like those members of the squad but at the moment definately isn't performing at that same level we know he's capable of. With formation changes and such with his position there's more competition too, I think it's just come at the wrong time.

It's sad to admit, but Joe Cole isn't as good as he was before the injury. Maybe it's Carlo's diamond which is the problem, or the fact that he's back from a long-term injury. However, I don't think the loss of Joe Cole will be that huge. We got better players. But I do hope he will sign a new contract and I'm sure he will.

It's sad to admit, but Joe Cole isn't as good as he was before the injury. Maybe it's Carlo's diamond which is the problem, or the fact that he's back from a long-term injury. However, I don't think the loss of Joe Cole will be that huge. We got better players. But I do hope he will sign a new contract and I'm sure he will.

emo3.gif totally agree

its reasnoble for him to demand some playing time because he is a quality player. I think his initiative and eagrness to get some playing time it admirable. Just hope he understands that he has to fit around ancelotti's plan, not the other way around.