What's Going On With Joe Cole?

James

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cole has the skill set that SHOULD earn him as much a Lampard & Terry, but expecting that sort of money when it's been one injury after another is ridiculous. I love Joey and would like nothing more than him to stay in a Chelsea shirt, but he's going to have to come to the bargaining table with a little humility and understanding of his situation.

Edited by Jon

5 Games left of the season 6 if we make it to the FA Cup final fingers crossed.

He's featured heavily in the last 3 games and I hope he does his business that he should have all season that he's been fit

a brilliant footballer, but he's form has been against him and i think that has been the downfall so far.

The fact he plays in a position that we hardly have someone to play can help him gain some gaming time, i think only Kalou and Deco can play Right winger (Anelka too, but i don't think Carlo will play him there).

It is up to Joey to perform to the standard that we know he can, hopefully he can score some more goals and do some assists to help us win the double/triple this season (triple as in the Charity Sheild).

5 Games left of the season 6 if we make it to the FA Cup final fingers crossed.

6 games left actually, we have a cup semi-final at the weekend, lol! 7 if we get to the Cup Final.

He has shown that he still has what he had a couple of seasons ago but its going to take him time to show it. Every game he is improving so lets hope he gets this form back soon and than signs a new contract.

It can take more than a year for a player to really return to their best after serious injury so I think we have just have to be patient with Joe. Sometimes it is a mental thing as much as physical. But the goal on Saturday should boost his confidence, hopefully he will sing a new deal and we will start to see the best of him again next season.