Nathaniel Chalobah

Clevemayer

You also tried to say he was better than Mikel and Ramires to be fair.......

And I've repeated that he's better than Mikel. I stand by that.

And rather than pinning all the blame on Zola you should also look at Nat's performance. He was second to every tackle, gave the ball away needlessly and was constantly beaten in the midfield battle. Zola has managed to bring this group of players and take them to the brink of promotion which is an outstanding achievement in its own right and is why he's being earmarked for the Chelsea job in future. Certainly a very good and proper manager in the making

He won't be Chelsea manager because he's not a very good manager. Sure we gave Robbie the chance despite him being a bit lacking in ideas, but Zola has shown in this game, the Leicester away game and the Leeds game that he's not got many ideas.

I know some people struggle to separate the idea of a Chelsea legend from the reality of their managerial abilities, but that's my view. He's done well with all these loan players, but Holloway has absolutely bent him over in the first 90 minutes and Palace should have won this already.

I'm cheering for a Zola win for one reason - 6 easy fucking points next season.

He won't be Chelsea manager because he's not a very good manager. Sure we gave Robbie the chance despite him being a bit lacking in ideas, but Zola has shown in this game, the Leicester away game and the Leeds game that he's not got many ideas.

I know some people struggle to separate the idea of a Chelsea legend from the reality of their managerial abilities, but that's my view. He's done well with all these loan players, but Holloway has absolutely bent him over in the first 90 minutes and Palace should have won this already.

show them a bit more respect, they have done fantastic this season.

Chalobah joined Watford at bloody 17 years old and now at 18 has been considered not just one of the best midfielders; but one of the best players in the Championship this season - period.

Sorry he doesn't have the finishing of Messi, tackling of Makelele and consistency of Juan Mata yet.

But what he does have is better finishing than Mikel, better tackling than Mikel, and the consistency of Rami/Mikel/Lampard/whoever.

Actually fuck it...

Choulo, I've been hyping this kid because he's been a great player for Watford this year. He's had a bad game but if some fans want to jump on his back because of that then fuck them.

He's a better player than Mikel already.

As for the England stuff, I said he had an outside chance of being a bolter for the World Cup squad if he got a shot in the Premier League next season. If you want to keep bringing that up then at least make a fucking effort to get it right.

how can you say that he is a better player than Mikel, if he hasnt even played one game in the EPL yet?!

Actually fuck it...

Choulo, I've been hyping this kid because he's been a great player for Watford this year. He's had a bad game but if some fans want to jump on his back because of that then fuck them.

He's a better player than Mikel already.

As for the England stuff, I said he had an outside chance of being a bolter for the World Cup squad if he got a shot in the Premier League next season. If you want to keep bringing that up then at least make a fucking effort to get it right.

You are entitled to whatever exaggerated opinion you want, heck, go ahead and say he's better than Busquets if you want, just don't act so outraged when reality fails to meet your fantasies and everyone ends up writing Nathanial off.

show them a bit more respect, they have done fantastic this season.

They have done well.

Penalty to Palace.

1-0 to Palace.

You are entitled to whatever exaggerated opinion you want, heck, go ahead and say he's better than Busquets if you want, just don't act so outraged when reality fails to meet your fantasies and everyone ends up writing Nathanial off.

I didn't I had such influence round here to raise everyone's expectations so high.

No reason for us to be snidey cunts to one another on the internet though now is there. We can always do that over a friendly drink on the Fulham Road.

Doesnt matter he is only 18 years old. People are pointing out that he had a terrible game, which he had.

Calling a poor game a poor game is fine. Some of the other reactionary nonsense is uncalled for.

So you've based your opinion on three games? What about the other 45 games he's managed for Watford? Or the fact that Watford have been one of the highest scorers in England this? Or the fact that they had one of if not the best away record in the Championship this season?

You blasted people on here earlier for basing they're opinion of Chalobah on one game, when you've virtually just done the same yourself basing this opinion of Zola's managerial ability on 3 games out of around 46 matches :fainthv9:

how can you say that he is a better player than Mikel, if he hasnt even played one game in the EPL yet?!

Because I've watched his progress over the years, seen what he's capable of made and made a judgment based on that. I've also watched Mikel progress, and then regress over the years.

But I'm sorry to all the people whose expectations I raised. I should put a disclaimer on my posts that explains that players can have bad games every now and then and that when their coach is out-coached by the opposition coach then that performance may further suffer.

Still, Selhurst Park next year B)

So you've based your opinion on three games?

Nope. More than that this year, and in his previous jobs.

What about the other 45 games he's managed for Watford? Or the fact that Watford have been one of the highest scorers in England this? Or the fact that they had one of if not the best away record in the Championship this season?

You blasted people on here earlier for basing they're opinion of Chalobah on one game, when you've virtually just done the same yourself basing this opinion of Zola's managerial ability on 3 games out of around 46 matches :fainthv9:

Wow you went headlong into assuming I'd just watched three games of his this year. Well done on that. Have a cookie.

My honest view is that he's a decent manager with good players and that if the opposition team is stupid enough to allow them to play their game, then they will probably overrun them. His problem is that when his team is somewhat stifled then they don't have any other ideas. They were very lucky to progress from the last round of the playoffs and for all that I dislike Holloway, he has sent his Palace team out there perfectly equipped to win a match.