Nathaniel Chalobah

Clevemayer

Starting on the bench for England u21s tonight, presumably because Stuart Pearce is a no-nothing, buffoonish cunt who is a cancer in the English national setup.....

or he's just being rested.

No i'm pretty sure Pearce is just as you describe, TOPTB.

Starting on the bench for England u21s tonight, presumably because Stuart Pearce is a no-nothing, buffoonish cunt who is a cancer in the English national setup.....

pearce is the biggest mug going. he prefers sunday league type players who can hoof the long ball aimlessly and give it "100%". you know , the kind of players you would see representing your local pub.

Pearce has basically surrendered any notion of using the midfield and is lumping the ball up to Wickham. The fact that he's in charge of the next generation of England talents is criminal, regardless of the results and the lack of ambition on display should see the guy out of a job tomorrow.

Best player ever can't get into the team. LOL.

If he was still playing at CB he'd be starting.

Notice how you're quiet now. Chalobah was being rested with Zaha due to their play off fixture I'm guessing. He came on as a midfielder and made a positive impact. The position he played suited him, with Lowe playing the DM and Chalobah allowed a more attacking role.

I agree with you on Josh though. Chalobah's first touch, he came on and drove the midfield forward before sliding Henderson through. McEachran's first touch in a similar position and he ran into an Italian. In his defence he is no impact sub and i do still like him.

On England as a whole - they were poor tonight but as they get Chalobah, Ince, Zaha and Rose back they'll improve. Real problem area is CF - would contemplate starting Ince or Zaha as a CF. also because I wouldn't drop Redmond, he and Chalobah were the only two good performers that match.

I think you were right about Chalobah mate to be honest. I reviewed my opinions and I think you're right, especially after talking to a season ticket-Watford fan the other day.

It's no surprise he's not starting v. Italy. Pearce is a buffoon. He was outshined by Veratti tonight and didn't understand he had his own midfield gem sitting on the bench.

The level he was playing with and against tonight looked so beneath him which is a huge thing to say. He was up against Roma, Napoli and mid-table Serie A first team regulars as well as Verratti who plays a pivotal role at PSG.

It also shows how good Italy are with their youth now considering their U21 team is made up of players who play big roles in their club's first teams whereas only 3 or so of the England players could have staked that claim tonight.

Notice how you're quiet now. Chalobah was being rested with Zaha due to their play off fixture I'm guessing. He came on as a midfielder and made a positive impact. The position he played suited him, with Lowe playing the DM and Chalobah allowed a more attacking role.

I agree with you on Josh though. Chalobah's first touch, he came on and drove the midfield forward before sliding Henderson through. McEachran's first touch in a similar position and he ran into an Italian. In his defence he is no impact sub and i do still like him.

On England as a whole - they were poor tonight but as they get Chalobah, Ince, Zaha and Rose back they'll improve. Real problem area is CF - would contemplate starting Ince or Zaha as a CF. also because I wouldn't drop Redmond, he and Chalobah were the only two good performers that match.

As soon as Nat came on we actually looked to move the ball forward with a bit more consideration, rather than lumping it forward. His touch was very assured too and he just looked as classy as he has done for a lot of this season. He's also got a video blog over at the FA's youtube page if anyone's interested, and as young footballers go he seems to have a fair bit up top too.

Still think Pearce deserves sacking though. Entrusting young players to a man with such limited coaching skills who shows no ambition to actually play football is disgusting. Beg someone like Hoddle to take over, who at least tries to play decent football and was more than a workhorse for most of his career (and actually had a good coaching record in comparison). No offence to Jason Lowe, but he's really not worth persisting with at this level in my opinion. Honest pro but a dime a dozen in the lower leagues.

I like the idea of going with a different type of striker up front, but I think that type of thinking is beyond Pearce. Wickham is his dream idea of a striker, a big and strong throwback. As for Sordell......what the fuck? Any growth that guy has seems to have stalled and some of his touches were abysmal.

Nice to see Josh get some time but I'll leave the comments about him in his thread.

Looking at him in particular he should be a key player in this squad but isn't treated as such. I do think the formation needs a revamp. I'd put a 4-1-4-1 with Chalobah in that holding role with a box-to-box player and a playmaker in front of him. Zaha on a wing, Redmond on the other, and a proper striker up front (Bamford should be given a shot but we know that won't happen.)