Nathaniel Chalobah

Clevemayer

Depending on where he ends up next season, he's a possibility to be a late bolter for the World Cup squad.

I also liked his post-match interview. He's a well-spoken young man and has a sense of responsibility that people twice his age don't necessarily have. This is a very special prospect and alongside Luiz, Lukaku and Mata we could have men that we can be truly proud to call Chelsea players leading this club for the next 5-10 years.

Depending on where he ends up next season, he's a possibility to be a late bolter for the World Cup squad.

I also liked his post-match interview. He's a well-spoken young man and has a sense of responsibility that people twice his age don't necessarily have. This is a very special prospect and alongside Luiz, Lukaku and Mata we could have men that we can be truly proud to call Chelsea players leading this club for the next 5-10 years.

I highly doubt he'd be considered for the World Cup squad and that's a good thing for us.

He just needs to keep a level head, continue developing and he'll get his chance to impress for England, maybe he'll be part of the Euro 2016 squad?

For the time being, hopefully Jack Cork is considered for the world cup, he's had an impressive season at So'ton....and England could use another DM.

What a hit! The power is just unbelievable. Love the celebration with Zola as well.

You're not helping the kid with all these unrealistic hopes.

It's not unrealistic, it's just a long shot. Forgetting all your bs about me not helping him (he's been mentioned as a future England captain by people who know football for a while now), this kid is something special and is something that both England and Chelsea are missing at the moment. A good season next year will certainly see him being mentioned as a possible option for the World Cup squad just like Wilshere was in 2010 (and Wilshere was younger as well).

I highly doubt he'd be considered for the World Cup squad and that's a good thing for us.

He just needs to keep a level head, continue developing and he'll get his chance to impress for England, maybe he'll be part of the Euro 2016 squad?

For the time being, hopefully Jack Cork is considered for the world cup, he's had an impressive season at So'ton....and England could use another DM.

Like I said it depends where he ends up next season, but there's absolutely no reason to think he won't be in the discussion. Who is his competition? Barry? Cleverley? Rodwell?? There's not really a single nailed-on starter for the World Cup except Wilshere and he's starting to get a reputation as being somewhat injury-prone. Who else is there? Gerrard and Milner?

It's a possibility, but this kid is something special indeed.

As for Jack Cork, if Leon Osman and Jordan Henderson can get England cap then anything is possible.

It's not unrealistic, it's just a long shot. Forgetting all your bs about me not helping him (he's been mentioned as a future England captain by people who know football for a while now), this kid is something special and is something that both England and Chelsea are missing at the moment. A good season next year will certainly see him being mentioned as a possible option for the World Cup squad just like Wilshere was in 2010 (and Wilshere was younger as well).

Future England captain?! Talk about a premature discussion! :lol:

Yes, just like people a couple of years back were saying that Josh would be a regular with England by now. This kid is special indeed, he has the potential to become world class, I think most people can see that. But he's still 19yo. And before you mention Wilshere, Jack has tons of experience at the top level for Arsenal and is miles ahead of Chalobah in terms of technical ability.

My point is, if I tell you now, there's a 20yo player in the championship with technical abilities way beyond his age and passing skills better than most of our squad, you'd be saying we should pay 20+m for him, and yet people say that McEachran is not good enough for Chelsea. For me, his development has stalled a bit, but he's still on track. He hasn't under achieved, but the original hopes of Chelsea fans were unrealistic.The same could happen with Nathanial if we're not careful.

Stunning strike. Would be interesting to see how he copes with the pressure of the playoffs if Watford aren't automatically promoted. To play well under that much pressure at 18 could really be the making of him.

You're not helping the kid with all these unrealistic hopes.

I don't blame him honestly. I secretly thought McEachran would be in with a shout for Euro 2012 if all went well at Swansea. :doh:

A strong season in the Premier League for Chaobah and you just never know. Stranger things have happened like Walcott going to the World Cup in 2006.

I don't blame him honestly. I secretly thought McEachran would be in with a shout for Euro 2012 if all went well at Swansea. :doh:

A strong season in the Premier League for Chaobah and you just never know. Stranger things have happened like Walcott going to the World Cup in 2006.

Yes, I thought/hoped Josh would be with the first team by now, but the point is those expectations would only lead to people saying that he's underachieved and is not good enough for Chelsea when he doesn't make them.

Future England captain?! Talk about a premature discussion! :lol:

It's a discussion that has been going on for years in football circles.

Yes, just like people a couple of years back were saying that Josh would be a regular with England by now. This kid is special indeed, he has the potential to become world class, I think most people can see that. But he's still 19yo. And before you mention Wilshere, Jack has tons of experience at the top level for Arsenal and is miles ahead of Chalobah in terms of technical ability.

Saying he's 'miles ahead' is ridiculous. They have different roles in the team and I think you're completely underestimating how good Chalobah is. This isn't something new either - he's looked exceptional for years and even United fans who watched their youth games realised that. The better comparison isn't Wilshere - it's Pogba.

My point is, if I tell you now, there's a 20yo player in the championship with technical abilities way beyond his age and passing skills better than most of our squad, you'd be saying we should pay 20+m for him, and yet people say that McEachran is not good enough for Chelsea. For me, his development has stalled a bit, but he's still on track. He hasn't under achieved, but the original hopes of Chelsea fans were unrealistic.The same could happen with Nathanial if we're not careful.

If you want to discuss McEachran then put something in his thread rather than making half-arsed assertions in this one. McEachran has a completely different set of issues and I've explained my view on them before.

Using that as an argument against Chalobah is absolutely ridiculous to anyone who has watched their development.

Also there is a 20 year old in the Championship who is exceptionally talented and has been bought by Man United for about £15 million - I wonder if their fans are discussing whether to loan him to Swansea or Watford next season. :doh:

Yes, I thought/hoped Josh would be with the first team by now, but the point is those expectations would only lead to people saying that he's underachieved and is not good enough for Chelsea when he doesn't make them.

Fortunately I have confidence in this guy. He's overachieved at every level he's played at and shows a level of maturity, composure and heart that we desperately need in our midfield.

IF he gets loaned out again (just forget whether we think he's ready or not for our squad) and IF Watford do get promoted, do we want him staying at Watford for another season so he can make that position his own in the Premier League? Or do we want him in a new team with a different style who'll likely give him a different role, thus expanding the possibilities for when he eventually ends up here?

IF he gets loaned out again (just forget whether we think he's ready or not for our squad) and IF Watford do get promoted, do we want him staying at Watford for another season so he can make that position his own in the Premier League? Or do we want him in a new team with a different style who'll likely give him a different role, thus expanding the possibilities for when he eventually ends up here?

I'd say stay at Watford (if he isn't coming back to Chelsea) and stay with Zola. He seems to get on well with his manager who happens to be a Chelsea legend and seems happy within the squad, wouldn't make sense to loan him to a different club IMO.

Watford ideally, I think he suits their style of play. He can play quickly, one touch when the situation calls for it. Him, Abdi and a proper DM, someone like Liam Briddcut would be a good midfield to for a promoted team.

I thought we were sending all our young players to Swansea.

We could send him to Watford. It's the easy choice and it saves us having to have some balls and give some young players a chance for once, and what could be better for a young player than a relegation fight to get him ready for the rigours of a title push and Champions League football?

Personally I think the best place for him would be Man United. They develop youngsters well, they need a midfielder like him, they've got a good manager in place and he'll get European experience. Plus he'd have some company alongside Zaha in making the step-up from Championship to Premier League level.

I thought we were sending all our young players to Swansea.

We could send him to Watford. It's the easy choice and it saves us having to have some balls and give some young players a chance for once, and what could be better for a young player than a relegation fight to get him ready for the rigours of a title push and Champions League football?

Personally I think the best place for him would be Man United. They develop youngsters well, they need a midfielder like him, they've got a good manager in place and he'll get European experience. Plus he'd have some company alongside Zaha in making the step-up from Championship to Premier League level.

Yup! You got it :)

We moan no youth players, then decide to keep loaning them out? I mean WTF!

How can you judge how he would play for Chelsea if we don't actually play him!!!

We need to play him!!!!

Also Quality players play better around other quality players

I'd rather loan out Mikel and play Chalobah next year...!!!

#grrrrrrrrrr