Nathaniel Chalobah

Clevemayer

Franco has seriously fucked this game up. They've had most success knocking the ball around and building play up slowly yet they persist with humping balls forward, skipping their midfield an abdicating possession.

It's the classic problem with loaning players to lower-league clubs. You surround them with players who simply aren't as good and sometimes they can elevate the performances of players around them, and sometimes they get dragged down with them.

Franco has seriously fucked this game up. They've had most success knocking the ball around and building play up slowly yet they persist with humping balls forward, skipping their midfield an abdicating possession.

It's the classic problem with loaning players to lower-league clubs. You surround them with players who simply aren't as good and sometimes they can elevate the performances of players around them, and sometimes they get dragged down with them.

Not really Zola's fault. Lack of movement from the Watford players, Chalobah, Vydra and Abdi off their game. Can't blame him for this

Not really Zola's fault. Lack of movement from the Watford players, Chalobah, Vydra and Abdi off their game. Can't blame him for this

No, it is. There's been no patience in the team despite their best moments coming from slow, controlled build-up play. Cardiff came with a game plan to disrupt the midfield and Mackay won the battle of the managers.

Taking off Battocchio was a step in the right direction because he was the worst culprit but it's just been a frustrating watch.

FT, 0-0, average game for Chalobah, improved a bit second half. Watford three points behind Hull with 5 games left, automatic promotion still in grasp, they have a superior goal difference.

What stupid sort comment is that. You are judging him on one game against the leaders. He is only 18, relax ffs.

Where did I say I am judging him on one game.

Since most folks here brag about him, I wanted to see him play today. So I watched the game & tell you the truth I have not seen much for a player who is ready for Chelsea. Nothing more to it.

No, it is. There's been no patience in the team despite their best moments coming from slow, controlled build-up play. Cardiff came with a game plan to disrupt the midfield and Mackay won the battle of the managers.

Taking off Battocchio was a step in the right direction because he was the worst culprit but it's just been a frustrating watch.

I would say that's the teams fault though. If the players choose to keep on smashing it forward then there's nothing he can do. He can only give instructions and i'm sure he couldn't account for Chalobah, Vydra and Adbi being so off form. Going a bit off-topic though

I thought Cardiff did well to shut out Watford's midfield. It wasn't just Chalobah, Abdi who is also one of their best players was barely on the ball. Did not help that as TOB(think I got in initials wrong) pointed out, Watford were impatient with their passing, they were just trying to get straight to the strikers, literally bypassed the midfield.

Cardiff are a) the best team in the Championship and B) could also afford these defensive tactics considering before this game they were 4 points ahead of second placed Hull, + with 2 games in hand.