Nathaniel Chalobah

Clevemayer

I thought we were sending all our young players to Swansea.

We could send him to Watford. It's the easy choice and it saves us having to have some balls and give some young players a chance for once, and what could be better for a young player than a relegation fight to get him ready for the rigours of a title push and Champions League football?

Personally I think the best place for him would be Man United. They develop youngsters well, they need a midfielder like him, they've got a good manager in place and he'll get European experience. Plus he'd have some company alongside Zaha in making the step-up from Championship to Premier League level.

I agree with the point about sending Chalobah to Watford next season when they get promoted (I just know they will). However, I disagree with your second point. Yes, he would fit in well but would you really want Nat to be the one to win the points for United that could potentially mean they win the title and we get 2nd place?

I agree with the point about sending Chalobah to Watford next season when they get promoted (I just know they will). However, I disagree with your second point. Yes, he would fit in well but would you really want Nat to be the one to win the points for United that could potentially mean they win the title and we get 2nd place?

Hi mate - I think he was being sarcastic about loaning him to Utd :)

What he meant was, is that if Sir Alex (lol) had a player of this calibre at his disposal he would already be getting game time at Utd. Learning from the rest of the team etc.

NOT being loaned out to other teams with other styles of play, only to have to come back and try and learn the Chelsea way.

If you're good enough, you're old enough is what OPTB is trying to say and I agree :)

Chalobah >>>>> Mikel IMHO

So Hull have Cardiff in their last game of the season. Hopefully Cardiff produce a draw against them and Watford beat Leeds to clinch automatic promotion. Really want to see Nathaniel at Watford in the PL next season, would be absolutely ideal. Come on Watford!

Hi mate - I think he was being sarcastic about loaning him to Utd :)

What he meant was, is that if Sir Alex (lol) had a player of this calibre at his disposal he would already be getting game time at Utd. Learning from the rest of the team etc.

NOT being loaned out to other teams with other styles of play, only to have to come back and try and learn the Chelsea way.

If you're good enough, you're old enough is what OPTB is trying to say and I agree :)

Chalobah >>>>> Mikel IMHO

Ahh, sarcasm on the internet! Well then, I agree! :yay:

So Hull have Cardiff in their last game of the season. Hopefully Cardiff produce a draw against them and Hull beat Leeds to clinch automatic promotion. Really want to see Nathaniel at Watford in the PL next season, would be absolutely ideal. Come on Watford!

Hull's so good that they'll play twice on the last day? Seems legit. Either that or it's actually meant to be "Watford beat Leeds"...

... :ph34r:

Hull's so good that they'll play twice on the last day? Seems legit. Either that or it's actually meant to be "Watford beat Leeds"...

... :ph34r:

Lol! You know what I meant Sir Trollington! Literally living up to your name ;)

Yes, I thought/hoped Josh would be with the first team by now, but the point is those expectations would only lead to people saying that he's underachieved and is not good enough for Chelsea when he doesn't make them.

I know expectations are through the roof. He is a special talent though so it comes with the territory. I actually went on to a Watford forum to read the reactions and quite a few were saying besides the goal he was a bit sloppy and lackadaisical:

Absolutely incredible hit from Chalobah that had me leaping around the living room like a demented person. Aside from that, his passing was pretty sloppy and have gave the ball away with lazy passes or touches on a number of occasions. It wasn't the imperious midfield performance that I have come to expect from the young lad.

Passing the ball must be better, when ball within team we gave it a way 20 times very very easy. Players like: Abdi and Chalobah and Vydra specially.

Just hope he continues to play competitive football regularly for the next year or two to continue his development hopefully at Premier League level.

I know expectations are through the roof. He is a special talent though so it comes with the territory. I actually went on to a Watford forum to read the reactions and quite a few were saying besides the goal he was a bit sloppy and lackadaisical:

Just hope he continues to play competitive football regularly for the next year or two to continue his development hopefully at Premier League level.

He's been off form for the past month actually. I wouldn't make a big deal out of it as this is normal at this age when he's playing his first competitive season. But it is also a good reminder that the expectation of him to go from youth level to world class in 2 seasons are just a fantasy.

It's a discussion that has been going on for years in football circles.

Saying he's 'miles ahead' is ridiculous. They have different roles in the team and I think you're completely underestimating how good Chalobah is. This isn't something new either - he's looked exceptional for years and even United fans who watched their youth games realised that. The better comparison isn't Wilshere - it's Pogba.

If you want to discuss McEachran then put something in his thread rather than making half-arsed assertions in this one. McEachran has a completely different set of issues and I've explained my view on them before.

Using that as an argument against Chalobah is absolutely ridiculous to anyone who has watched their development.

Also there is a 20 year old in the Championship who is exceptionally talented and has been bought by Man United for about £15 million - I wonder if their fans are discussing whether to loan him to Swansea or Watford next season. :doh:

Fortunately I have confidence in this guy. He's overachieved at every level he's played at and shows a level of maturity, composure and heart that we desperately need in our midfield.

This is too ridiculous to even discuss. You can say all you want, but Chalobah will not captain England in teh 2014 world cup :lol: But let's just wait and see, just in case.

But for the record, I didn't say Wilshere is a better player, I said he is miles ahead in terms of technical ability which he clearly is.

This is too ridiculous to even discuss. You can say all you want, but Chalobah will not captain England in teh 2014 world cup :lol: But let's just wait and see, just in case.

But for the record, I didn't say Wilshere is a better player, I said he is miles ahead in terms of technical ability which he clearly is.

Did I say he would?

You're not helping the kid with all these unrealistic hopes.

This!

It is one thing to put faith in the kid (which I do, I think him and KDB are the best players from our loanees), but a whole other to make him a world beater because he is currently impressing everyone. In his mind, Chalobah must be English captain and our first option DM without even being having one single cap for England or professional game under Chelsea.

Chalobah is a great player for his age, but we don't know how good he will be. He has no Premier League experience (which for some cases he makes it so important and in others it seems irrelevant to him) and he was never tested under great pressure (an UCL Semi-final or whatever). On top of that, we can't tell if he is an early bloomer but will not improve much from here. Those are all big question marks which will take time for him to answer...

Youth players come and go and we cant ever tell what their true potential are. There are uncountable examples of young promising players who emerge with 17-18 yo but fade away. Nothing is a certainty!

In my personal opinion, we should keep him next season and give him playing time. I have high expectations. However, they are sill only expectations...