Jeffrey Bruma

Term-X

I'm more worried about Gael Kakuta's lack of playing time at Bolton...that kid has some amazing raw talent and has alot of skills that you look for in a young winger/creative midfielder.

What does everyone think of Gael Kakuta? Does he have a chance of breaking into the Chelsea first-team sometime in the next 3 seasons...or will he be sold sooner rather than later?

Through injury and the usual lack of games after youth level has seriously dented Kakuta's progression. His current loan move is a very important one, he needs games. It might have been better given his struggles at Fulham last season to send him to the Championship to guarantee games. We will have to see how well he does, it will be a massive shame to have not been able to develop Kakuta's ability and potential into a Chelsea first team player.

We should of kept Tore (young Turkish winger)...he has potential..Hiddink saw something in him, gave him a cameo for the Turkish national team recently...

As for Mancienne; Sala. Selling them was probably the best option for their individual careers to progress..

Then their was Rajkovic..he could of been another handy option at CB...but he failed with his work-permit...

Tore could look brilliant at times, but those times were few and far between. Was very frustrating to see him waste his ability in many a game. With his speed, skill and strength he could have been awesome but his approach to games most of the time was poor.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeffrey Bruma says he looks to John Terry as being the type of player he would like to emulate at Chelsea.

The Dutch defender has been loaned out by the Blues since his move from Feyenoord and is currently plying his trade in Germany for Hamburg having also spent some time at Leicester City.

However, the 19-year-old still has high hopes for his career in English football and wants to reach the level of Chelsea skipper Terry.

"Without wanting to make others short, he has always been my example since childhood," he told Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf.

"Terry was my tutor at Chelsea, (he) invested quite a lot of time and energy in me and even sent me text messages when I was loaned out to Leicester City. His level is my aim."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11668_7231135,00.html

It's going to be interesting to see over the summer who do we opt for if Alex leaves. Do we call Bruma back or is someone else like Kalas or Chalobah tried out. The Cahill rumours concern me, especially when we have 2, potentially 3 young 'uns who would relish that chance and take a massive step towards stepping up to the plate once Terry is no longer a given when fit and available.

Kalas and Chalobah are both superb prospects - and i think Bruma might be on the strings. A two year loan was a verry risky decision, but if he can put performances that earn the grade - the one he did previously - over the ones he did earlier in the season, maybe. But, i think Chalobah and Kalas is our future partnership!

Opinions in Holland are precarious. Some people think he's is good enough for the starting XI of the National Squad. Others don't understand why he is selected. You have to understand that some people in Holland dislike him, just because he moved to Chelsea. A lot of young Dutch talents move to England lately and in Holland there is a lot of fuss about it. Fortunately Van Marwijk gives him a fair chance, also because of his loan to HSV.

I am a big fan of Bruma and he played pretty good against Sweden. The other central defender made two mistakes wich lead to goals, so he couldn't help that they lost. Bruma made some rookie mistakes, but that's because of a lack of experience. I hope he'll start at Euro2012.

• 1 month later...

Bruma did struggle when he arrived at Hamburg, and eventually lost his starting position. But he has fought back and earned his place back into the starting squad, the new manager seems very happy with him and Westermann as his CB pairing. He is playing very well right now, and his performance has helped Hamburg climb the table. it is good to see him mature and improve by the day. IMO he has been the most successful loan story so far.

I am hopeful to see him in the rotation at Chelsea next season, by the end of the season he should have good amount of experience. I really like him in the AVB high line defense, he has good amount of pace and strength. He is the ball playing CB that is best suited to play in our current defense.

I also think he has a good chance to push for the starting CB position with Holland and play in the Euros this summer.

Tore has been a good signing for Hamburg, he is quite the dribbler and statistically i think only Messi has completed more successful dribbles. :o

Gokhan has completed more dribbles than any footballer in Europe. :o