Jeffrey Bruma

Term-X

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How does he look, in terms of a Chelsea prospect?

He defended well, breaking up some play and got some good tackles in. Also positioned himself pretty well and also showed he's no push-over. Nurnberg did create chances but most of Nurnberg's threat came over the left side (Bruma plays on the right). He's showing promising signs for a CB that just turned 20 and is only now playing regularly at the highest level. He has pace, is good on the ball and has impressive passing ability, for a CB, so that's good as we need those types.

Töre also looks good. Very comfortable on the ball, fast, pretty strong and has a pretty good pass on him. He still has a lot to learn, has to work on his positional sense and decision-making etc., but that's normal for a guy his age and with his lack of experience.

Gorkan left because he wanted regular games ,,its ironic if he had stayed he might have got them

Didn't know that. Too bad he didn't have the patience but we could've loaned him out instead of selling him. He's a better option on the wing than Malouda, Anelka and Kalou..

He defended well, breaking up some play and got some good tackles in. Also positioned himself pretty well and also showed he's no push-over. Nurnberg did create chances but most of Nurnberg's threat came over the left side (Bruma plays on the right). He's showing promising signs for a CB that just turned 20 and is only now playing regularly at the highest level. He has pace, is good on the ball and has impressive passing ability, for a CB, so that's good as we need those types.

Ah good to hear he's got some pace on him. Do you see him as a good partner for David Luiz, if he came through?

Töre also looks good. Very comfortable on the ball, fast, pretty strong and has a pretty good pass on him. He still has a lot to learn, has to work on his positional sense and decision-making etc., but that's normal for a guy his age and with his lack of experience.

Didn't know that. Too bad he didn't have the patience but we could've loaned him out instead of selling him. He's a better option on the wing than Malouda, Anelka and Kalou..

we sent him out on loan and he got the taste for playing rather than watching

Ah good to hear he's got some pace on him. Do you see him as a good partner for David Luiz, if he came through?

Difficult to tell. Luiz needs a partner who's calm and stays behind and sweeps up behind him but that's normally the role of a experienced defender.. So while I personally do think he can become a defender of that type, he'll need time so I can't see them forming a partnership of the needed standard anytime soon. Unless Bruma is a gem..

Right now Bruma is one of the most promising defenders in Germany. Hamburg had a bad run of results but even in those games he was one of their best players. IF he performs and develops like this for the rest of the season he could be part of the Squad next season. In my eyes his defending is better than Luiz's.

Right now Bruma is one of the most promising defenders in Germany. Hamburg had a bad run of results but even in those games he was one of their best players. IF he performs and develops like this for the rest of the season he could be part of the Squad next season. In my eyes his defending is better than Luiz's.

perhaps I'm wrong but I thought the loan was for 2 years ,,,welcome to the forum

perhaps I'm wrong but I thought the loan was for 2 years ,,,welcome to the forum

Thank you :) Maybe I'm wrong but i think we are allowed to take him back after the season and if we don't take him Hamburg is allowed to buy him after the second. So we have to take him back! CFC would be stupid to sell him..

Chelsea can call him back every transfer period. So we could even 'take him back' this January when Alex leaves.. Though it would probably be better if he completes this season and shows a consistent season performance.

• 1 month later...

Thank you :) Maybe I'm wrong but i think we are allowed to take him back after the season and if we don't take him Hamburg is allowed to buy him after the second. So we have to take him back! CFC would be stupid to sell him..

we have a record for stupidity,,,,,,

Bruma said the same at the start of the season that he wants to stay in Hamburg next summer unless AVB can offer him significant playing time.

Maybe we should do the 3 year plan with Bruma that we are doing with Courtious. Maybe i should be the chief executive instead of Ron "i wank over being ripped off" Gourlay.

He actually said he didn't want to return this summer because it would be useless and bad for his development if he went back to playing games at reserve level. He indeed said the same thing a couple months ago.

It would be stupid to call him back this summer. He is making excellent progress in Hamburg and when his loan spell ends, he has two years of Bundesliga experience.

I hated how everyone write him off after one bad game for Chelsea and an average season for Liciester. Just look at the beginning of this thread. Even now I know many people who dont rate him for no reason even though he's doing very well on loan. Sigh

• 2 weeks later...

Bruma is developing into a monster of a defender. You should watch some Hamburg games before making stupid comments like that. I’ve watched him alot this season and he has been amazing. He is extremely composed, very quick, strong and has so much technical ability for a defender. He loves to join in the attack, a bit like Luiz but he chooses his runs much more wisely.

All the Hamburg fans I’ve been talking to say the same, that he is one of the most technical defenders they have had at the club and one of the most talented youngsters playing there at the moment. If you can read German you should head to the Hamburg SV forums to read what the fans say about him. They are all amazed by Bruma’s ability and are constantly talking about if it’s possible that they could buy him from us.

A reply from we ain't go no history from yet another person who commented 'Bruma

Sucks at Hamburg' probably basing it all on the Villa game last season (where he wasn't that bad). I rate him but unfortunately he will probably leave. However we have plenty of good young CB's at the club so it does not matter TO much

Bruma is developing into a monster of a defender. You should watch some Hamburg games before making stupid comments like that. I've watched him alot this season and he has been amazing. He is extremely composed, very quick, strong and has so much technical ability for a defender. He loves to join in the attack, a bit like Luiz but he chooses his runs much more wisely.

All the Hamburg fans I've been talking to say the same, that he is one of the most technical defenders they have had at the club and one of the most talented youngsters playing there at the moment. If you can read German you should head to the Hamburg SV forums to read what the fans say about him. They are all amazed by Bruma's ability and are constantly talking about if it's possible that they could buy him from us.

A reply from we ain't go no history from yet another person who commented 'Bruma

Sucks at Hamburg' probably basing it all on the Villa game last season (where he wasn't that bad). I rate him but unfortunately he will probably leave. However we have plenty of good young CB's at the club so it does not matter TO much

Thanks for the info.

This is why I was saying in my mind that Chelsea should not buy no more CB after Cahill. He should be the last before Chelsea has to at least produce one youngster. Weather it be Bruma, Kalas or someone else. One has to come in the next two seasons.

Only think we need is a RB, because after Ivan, I don't think a youngster is knocking on door big time like Bruma and Kalas right now. Maybe in two season we might see some progress, but even then I don't see a harm in buying a new RB this transfer window.