Jeffrey Bruma

Term-X

Central backs are usualy like vine, the older the better...Except when speaking of modern brazilian or portuguese CBs. They count on speed and agility, rather than positioning. Definately he plays more than most of our on loan players and I would give him a chance...

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.dailymail...o=feeds-newsxml

Bruma is gonna stay at Hamburg and see out his final year of the loan spell in Germany.

Seems that we inserted the call-back clause in the loan contract.

That's good news. Bruma should get more playing time next season at Hamburg...and if he doesn't want to come back to Chelsea due to lack of first team opportunities, we can sell him off for a decent fee.

I thought this was the season he would be inducted into the first team. I think him/Kalas should be brought into the squad. With JT facing a ban its too risky to have only 2 main CBs (with Iva as the only backup)!

Anyways..good luck to him!

If Burma is getting regular playing time then this is a good move for him to continue on loan. This season at Chelsea, Terry should be given the support/backup role while Cahill/Luiz/Ivanovic should lead the central defense line. And then next season Burma and Kalas should be introduced into that frame, if everything goes smooth then we mite see Burma making first team appearance after 2 seasons (ideal world scenario)

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I think he also might be a good option to recall in january as he can play in the cdm role plus he can play anywhere in the back four.

But how well is he doing? Last I heard he was stuck on the bench after his last injury.

He played against Gremio (3rd in the Brasileiro) in Brazil last Saturday night. The game was streamed for free everywhere because it was the inauguration of the new Gremio Arena stadium (until they sell the naming rights).

He faced off against Anderson Pico a left-back I don't rate very highly and did not do too well. He did not beat Anderson a single time. Though I don't remember seeing him get beaten by Anderson many a times either. Bruma was certainly better defensively than attacking.

Anderson Pico is a short, stocky, either footed left-back (can play on the right too) who had loads of potential once. He then had issues with professionalism and gained weight, which he never fully lost. He was the third option left-back for gremio, but ended up playing because both Fabio Aurelho (former liverpool) and his sub picked up long term injuries. So, I expected bruma to do well against Pico, at least physically. Was disappointed.

Should have posted the link for the streaming here, but the game was chaotic and I didn't know about it until late.

He played against Gremio (3rd in the Brasileiro) in Brazil last Saturday night. The game was streamed for free everywhere because it was the inauguration of the new Gremio Arena stadium (until they sell the naming rights).

He faced off against Anderson Pico a left-back I don't rate very highly and did not do too well. He did not beat Anderson a single time. Though I don't remember seeing him get beaten by Anderson many a times either. Bruma was certainly better defensively than attacking.

Anderson Pico is a short, stocky, either footed left-back (can play on the right too) who had loads of potential once. He then had issues with professionalism and gained weight, which he never fully lost. He was the third option left-back for gremio, but ended up playing because both Fabio Aurelho (former liverpool) and his sub picked up long term injuries. So, I expected bruma to do well against Pico, at least physically. Was disappointed.

Should have posted the link for the streaming here, but the game was chaotic and I didn't know about it until late.

Are you talking about Bruma, the Portuguese winger?

If so, he is not a Chelsea player. This is a thread for our Dutch young centre back Jeffrey Bruma who's currently on loan at Hamburg.

Are you talking about Bruma, the Portuguese winger?

If so, he is not a Chelsea player. This is a thread for our Dutch young centre back Jeffrey Bruma who's currently on loan at Hamburg.

I'm talking about Jeffrey Bruma who plays for Hamburg SV. He played as right back in the match I mentioned.

Ah sorry lol, I thought you had him mixed up with someone else.

not a prob, forgot to mention HSV. It was a very low profile crazy game. HSV had to travel to southern Brazil between budesliga matches to attend this friendly. They were invited because Gremio and HSV played the WCC final back in the 80s (it was a single match then).

The stadium wasn't that finished either.

• 2 months later...