Jeffrey Bruma

Term-X

Juventus observer in Holland and studied Bruma and Locadia

Gianluca Di Marzio

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/news/juventus-osservatore-in-olanda-studiati-bruma-e-locadia/

Juve on Bruma. Blitz in the Netherlands

http://www.tuttosport.com/calcio/2014/09/28-307702/Juve+su+Bruma.+Blitz+in+Olanda

Juventus has been scouting Bruma for a while.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How much has he improved on his mental aspects? what was noticeable when he was here was that when he made a mistake his head dropped and was a wreck for the rest of the game.

At £5m i guess he could be worth the gamble, he defiantly has talent.

Just scored for Netherlands. 23 yrs old, playing for PSV, and has been one of the most impressive defenders in Eredivisie.

Fast and strong, and has some techniques. We have 5 million buyout clause in his contract which will expire 2015 summer.

Here is the list for homegrown players for Chelsea 1st team.

Cesc - HG - FA trained
Cahill - HG - FA trained

Terry - HG - Club trained

We need 4 club trained and 8 FA trained players. Bruma fits both bills (Homegrown, Club trained & FA trained)

Terry will retire in a year or two, Ake will make the jump to 1st team but other youngsters are too young and not ready yet.

Kalas, Zouma, and Omeruo are not homegrown players.

Merged with old thread.

He's obviously a much better player now and we've proved with Matic that we're not averse to resigning players who have done well. But unless JT is retiring at the end of the season i'm not entirely sure we need him, even for such a small fee. We have JT and Cahill who are better and Zouma who is 4 years younger and not much worse. Then we have Christensen and Omeruo coming through (neither ready yet admittedly) and Kalas to return from Germany.

I guess if the club has lost faith in Kalas (I haven't yet) then he could be a good signing to compete with Zouma for the 3th/4th choice CB spot. But then again, would he want to do that seeing as he's starting for PSV and so the Netherlands. Being even 3rd choice here would probably harm his chances of playing for the national team. Until JT retires that is, hence why it depends on JT largely IMO.

An interesting idea though, well done to whoever brought it up.

Whats the point when we have Zouma? If we are to sign a center back ideally I would prefer we got someone who is a much more experienced player, someone who is 25 years or older and has his best years ahead of him (ideally a signing like Cahill: someone whos at a good level but can get better - to replace John Terry they would need to be much much better level than Cahill but that sort of age) or a player like Raphael Varane or Laporte who both look great central defensive prospects but are already at a good standard right now.

• 3 weeks later...

Whats the point when we have Zouma? If we are to sign a center back ideally I would prefer we got someone who is a much more experienced player, someone who is 25 years or older and has his best years ahead of him (ideally a signing like Cahill: someone whos at a good level but can get better - to replace John Terry they would need to be much much better level than Cahill but that sort of age) or a player like Raphael Varane or Laporte who both look great central defensive prospects but are already at a good standard right now.

Laporte and Varane are very different. Similar age, but Varane has plenty of Cl experience and used to play for giant club, while Laporte is just a prospect. While Varane would be imediately trusted starter here, Laporte would come as one for future and would have to prove himself first.

• 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...
On 8/9/2015 at 1:16 PM, lucio said:

Is the buyback option still there? If we can't get stones , i hope we go for someone else , maybe rudiger, umtiti , this guy.

Chelsea can no longer activate Jeffrey Bruma's release clause after the Dutch defender signed a new contract with PSV. 

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/14382/eredivisie/2016/02/22/20601462/-?

• 4 months later...

9 hours ago, the wes said:

1) As per usual we don't know, and probably won't know, for sure that this is true but it looks authoritative.

2) 30% of €15m is not €5m. :( If they think the clause is about 33% then say so.

3) Every club in the world inserts such clauses whenever they are in a sufficiently strong negotiating position to do so. Selling clubs do not always have a good hand to take to the bargaining table but, when they do, they make the most of it. Nevertheless, there are a bunch of agenda pushers (just say no kids)  among TC forum users who tell us that they are far more clever than Chelsea's board because they would always include such agreements whereas our board never does. What evidence do they ever have to justify the boring stream of such assertions they subject us to? No, I don't know either.

On 25/06/2016 at 6:32 PM, OhForAGreavsie said:

1) As per usual we don't know, and probably won't know, for sure that this is true but it looks authoritative.

2) 30% of €15m is not €5m. :( If they think the clause is about 33% then say so.

3) Every club in the world inserts such clauses whenever they are in a sufficiently strong negotiating position to do so. Selling clubs do not always have a good hand to take to the bargaining table but, when they do, they make the most of it. Nevertheless, there are a bunch of agenda pushers (just say no kids)  among TC forum users who tell us that they are far more clever than Chelsea's board because they would always include such agreements whereas our board never does. What evidence do they ever have to justify the boring stream of such assertions they subject us to? No, I don't know either.

Because it's an easy excuse to slate the board, and they dont pass up on them.

I try not to be too harsh on here to anyone because ultimately we are all Chelsea fans and want the same thing, but the simplistic vendetta against Emenalo and the board is seriously testing my resolve.

• 4 weeks later...