Fabio Coentrao joins Real Madrid

the wes

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coentrao in, Ash out ?

Yes why not? The age of Сoentrao is 23 years, Cole is 30. If you need to look ahead Coentrao is a strong move. by management. Ashley Cole is presented below expectations nearly a year and I do not see why not sell it for a good price. I think as far Real has not said transfer means Coentrao deal is far from safe as people think we have a chance to get even more if the rumors that Cole wants to Spain prove true.

Who said LW is his natural position? carloeyebrow.jpeg

He is adopted LB mate, he started playing at LW and probably plays best at LW. His defense isn't that good, but he is very dangerous going forward when playing LB.

If Coentrao comes, he will probably play his natural position LW. That means that Malouda will probably go out.

Zhirkov will probably follow suite because if Coentrao gets drafted in as first choice he won't want to stick around for another season on the bench! He will probably leave to return to Russia I would have thought!

If Cole leaves... Coentrao at LW, Bertrand at LB, sorted!!

in defence our most pressing need is a RIGHT BACK ...

I'm a little concerned that it seems moving for players is being put on hold ... I thought it was generally accepted we need a RB a Rwing and

a playmaking midfielder ... these needs remain regardless which players stay or leave. Ideally these players are needed NOW for the preseason

training and games.