Fabio Coentrao joins Real Madrid

the wes

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

Rumour has it that are after Fábio Coentrão. Apparently personal terms are already agreed.

Why would we need another LB/LW having Ashley Cole, Zhirkov and PvA?

I guess that's the end of the line for Van Aanholt then.

(If it's true.)

• 4 months later...

If Coentrao is brought in will he play left back I think we are thinking of playing him left mid or left wing if anything like bale who started off at left back Coentrao has a similar style I think that's what we might have planned if the rumours are true of course.

If they are serious about this, then Zhirkov is definately gone. Coentrao to occupy that left wing with Malouda having just one more season with us. Left back is reserved for Bertrand and PvA, who I think are very capable of handling the position.

Ps. Coentrao is very good at left win. his ability witht the ball is what we need

We have so many quality young left-backs, and with Cole still near his peak there is no reason to go and spend in the region of £20 million on a player who is - in fairness, admittedly a very good footballer - someone we don't need, however.