Pato signs for Corinthians

the wes

Yeah absolutely, but Nic has been really impressive during pre-season and Kalou hasn't been too bad, which leads me to believe that Boas might still keep them before the season starts.

By the way, the Daily Fail has decided to report about this now... dare I post for all to read...

Mail
Fail

Perhaps you are right about AVB wanting to keep them. He might just be the motivator of men, we are in dire need of.

The Daily Mail is the killing blow for any rumour.

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah absolutely, but Nic has been really impressive during pre-season and Kalou hasn't been too bad, which leads me to believe that Boas might still keep them before the season starts.

By the way, the Daily Fail has decided to report about this now... dare I post for all to read...

yeah i cant knock either of them for their pre season outings but with nelks age is now a factor and pato is a much more effective striker than kalou so i wouldnt see it as a bad move. Ps. I know the mail get a bad rep but seriously their sports reporting isnt always bad, they were one of the first to run the modders story, and i would say now if there are a few sources running with this story now then who knows? No smoke without fire and all that

Perhaps you are right about AVB wanting to keep them. He might just be the motivator of men, we are in dire need of.

It gives you good results at the end of the day. Just to think, before Boas was manager at Porto, Falcao had his head buried in the sand when it came to scoring goals, but now, he's probably buffed up his transfer value in a year just for scoring so many goals.

One day, these players will thank Boas when their form gets back on track, and I wouldn't blame them for doing it. I reckon players like Torres, Kalou and Anelka are more than capable of emulating what Falcao was able to do. And if that's the case, why waste £30m on Pato?

It gives you good results at the end of the day. Just to think, before Boas was manager at Porto, Falcao had his head buried in the sand when it came to scoring goals, but now, he's probably buffed up his transfer value in a year just for scoring so many goals.

One day, these players will thank Boas when their form gets back on track, and I wouldn't blame them for doing it. I reckon players like Torres, Kalou and Anelka are more than capable of emulating what Falcao was able to do. And if that's the case, why waste £30m on Pato?

I don't think it is possible for use to waste £30m on Pato. In 5 years Drogba and Anelka will be retired, Fernando will be 31 and Pato 26.

And that was against far inferior teams... I would be surprised if anybody showed awful game against those sides.

But we could have three world class strikers.

Besides I think AVB is thinking for the future and he knows that Anelka and Drogba don't have much left. So I think a 21 year old Brazillian Striker that is adored by half of Milan is good for business and the future.

Exactly! When people say we don't need new strikers they forget that the age of our players and the competition. Look at City: Stil have Tevez, Aguero, Balotelli, Dzeko with David Silva feeding and some great talents like Gae Assulin (leached from Barca) Besides why would we not want Pato, who in their right mind wouldn't take him excl.gif

He's awesome on FIFA as well! Quality player, and only 21!

Yep, 5* skills and all :eyebrows:

Money talks.

More than likely he is telling the truth wanting to stay at AC, but you never know AC could be trying to raise up the price to squeeze every penny out of us.

Besides he seems to like cake we, could lure him here with promises of cake.

Alexandre-Pato-alexandre-pato-17934148-590-426.jpg

LOL

You misunderstood André Villas-Boas's words. When Boas said Falcao was struggling to score goals, he meant it was during the pre-season. Because Falcao scored just 25 goals in 28 games in La Liga Sagrades and 4 in 8 games in C1.

195780_115656805178495_2456172_n.jpgeyebrows.gif

I remember we were very close to Pato years ago when I do not know what was happening and he went to Milan. Perhaps the financial parameters played a greater role.

Milan offered him a higher salary and greater transfer amount of his then club Internacional.

Super player, I always liked him

195780_115656805178495_2456172_n.jpgeyebrows.gif

I remember we were very close to Pato years ago when I do not know what was happening and he went to Milan. Perhaps the financial parameters played a greater role.

Milan offered him a higher salary and greater transfer amount of his then club Internacional.

Super player, I always liked him

We gotta stop with these pictures, I saw an Neymar one, Aguero one, I made a Pastore one :wacko: and now a Pato one. Let's hope this one will come to fruition though, as too Neymar hopefully in the future - despite Riberio's persistence in wanting to sell to Madrid, and other interferences.