Chelsea vs Nottm Forest

ZAPHOD2319

Felt like a throwback to the Chelsea from last season or the other shit ones in recent years where we got like 5 point blank chances in that second half and couldn’t score. So incredibly frustrating.

8 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

Is Liverpool prime Barcelona or something? We have enough quality even with suspensions to beat Liverpool.

We have high quality depth in midfield and forward positions but not defence. 

Just now, Magic Lamps said:

I don’t quite get how Cucu ended up booked after he got cynically tripped. Surely not for that Tiny Bodycheck before. 
I do think Tosin and veiga are more than adequate replacements tho 

Didnt he get in the side ref's face after that?

Just now, Sir Mikel OBE said:

Didnt he get in the side ref's face after that?

Yeah I assume it was for that, pretty standard yellow though, I understand why Cucu was mad but why the fuck he wanted to shout in that guy's face idk

3 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Can’t help but feel that having a big, powerful #9 like Giroud would’ve won us this game. We need that sort of highly experienced striker for opponents like this.

As much hate as Broja got at times last season, he could have provided something today like he did against City at home (won the equalising PK).

I just can't get my head around how the board thought having less CF's than even last season was a smart choice.

10 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Felt like a throwback to the Chelsea from last season or the other shit ones in recent years where we got like 5 point blank chances in that second half and couldn’t score. So incredibly frustrating.

Least it's consistency if nothing else...

Liverpool are the same Liverpool we haven't really done great against league wise for a while so can see how that will go. 

11 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Can’t help but feel that having a big, powerful #9 like Giroud would’ve won us this game. We need that sort of highly experienced striker for opponents like this.

7ca7acee9d0f8c8ab845a31da4cbf664.png

plus this season

4 EPL goals now in 570 minutes

and he scored 2 more goals last season after I posted that in April

18 EPL goals in his last 2300 league minutes

Edited by Vesper

I have no real hope for us against Liverpool or Arse in our next handful of matches simply because our defense is so inconsistent. We can look pretty damn solid at times and all over the shop and pathetic at others as we saw today. The Arse & Liverpool attacks could rip our defense to shreds, especially with suspensions and possibly a knock to Colwill.

But if we’re a serious team we need to beat Newcastle and United after the break. 

10 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

As much hate as Broja got at times last season, he could have provided something today 

He would not because he is injured for two months now. 

Our starting attackers were slow today if Nkunku started we would won I think. We created enough. 7 saves from their keeper. 

3 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

As much hate as Broja got at times last season, he could have provided something today like he did against City at home (won the equalising PK).

I just can't get my head around how the board thought having less CF's than even last season was a smart choice.

Because the footballing people at the club haven’t got a clue 👍

Yes its been a problem position that predates the new ownership group coming in (also for other clubs) but moving on CFs in the summer and not signing one is exactly what is wrong with the people making the decisions.

I mean at the beginning of the season, genuinely counting on Joao Felix and Nkunku as 9s is desperate. It only took one moment but Felix showed exactly today why you can’t rely on him to be that ruthless player to decide competitive games where things are more difficult whilst Jackson has shown this alarming inconsistency for 12 months already. Maresca has a hard on for using Nkunku as a 9 also  and not off the front or as a split striker in a pairing where he succeeded in Germany also. Why? Not sure.

All in all, we got what we deserved today, could have won it with better finishing but also could have quite easily lost it if we didn’t have some moments of quality GKing from Sanchez (I am as surprised as everybody else).

The timings of the substitution was piss poor by Maresca also. Should have made changes 15 minutes earlier after the goal.

7 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

Don't have too much expectations for the Pool game, especially with the suspensions.

Give it a go, but the focus has to be on the Newcastle games following that.

They will not sit deep. Just outscore them 3:4. We have great attack as well. Lavia should start and I think we should win MF battle. They have no one there.