Man City 1-0 Chelsea

They'll either be tired...or wounded and in which case. ...

We've played against teams who have had less rest then us before and we've looked like the tired ones soooo who knows.

Hopefully knowing this is our one and only chance of winning anything.. they'll go for it from the start 

1 hour ago, Laylabelle said:

They'll either be tired...or wounded and in which case. ...

We've played against teams who have had less rest then us before and we've looked like the tired ones soooo who knows.

Hopefully knowing this is our one and only chance of winning anything.. they'll go for it from the start 

Yep, that is true but perfect scenario for us was the game last night going into ET. Would not be surprising to see one of KDB or Haaland, if not both on bench, especially considering they asked to come off so they will be physically exhausted. So they defo will make changes. Walker who is normally used against us to cut off our wingers pace, I don't see him starting after just returning from injury and playing the whole 120 mins yesterday. A lot of reasons to feel more confident than I did previously.

On 17/04/2024 at 08:30, robsblubot said:

Agreed to disagree here then esp when the opposition happens to be one of the best teams in the world--their performance kinda matters (a lot) more than ours IMO.

That's also why I don't read too much into the Everton game; it's a championship and we played the big expensive teams as well as the shitty teams. The standings show what they show.

back to this game, contrary to the Everton match, when our players had a. lot of time on the ball, City are master pressers. We've got to move the ball a bit faster or they will steal it from us. While I don't see how we aren't going for a low block, I also don't want us pinned in our own half for 90 freaking minutes.

Yes agree to disagree, sorry there's no way I can endorse ''the opposition is literally everything'' 

On to the game, we need to carry on where we left off, not that worried about them having a lot of possession on the wide Wembley turf as long as we dont squander our breaks

Just now, MoroccanBlue said:

A fresh Gallagher against a tired Rodri is needed. Desperately needed. 

Be like Mount harassing Fernandinho. 

Gallagher won’t do shit 

12 minutes ago, lucio said:

Gallagher won’t do shit 

He'll do his job which seems to rattle City, and that is be a dog without a leash harassing Rodri. Leave Enzo and Caicedo orchestrating the transition. 

The fact we should be a lot fresher gives a lot of optimism. Cut out the individual errors and bring in the same ruthlessness up front like we saw against Everton, we should win. 

But then again, game management is everything. 

5 hours ago, lucio said:

0% chance we win the cup. City will destroy us 

We have been arguably the better side in both league games (especially chances wise) and City have been pretty bad in all big games this season. Furthermore they will be knackered from yesterday. We can win this. 

16 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

They just had biggest disappointment in the last 2 years with overtime and pens and this game starts in 66 hours. 

their backups are really good

55 minutes ago, Beigl said:

We have been arguably the better side in both league games (especially chances wise) and City have been pretty bad in all big games this season. Furthermore they will be knackered from yesterday. We can win this. 

City fans are actually worried. They want Pep to field a strong team but given how we carved them open in the transition on both occasions, they feel fatigue will make it a field day for us. 

I think Ortega, Lewis, Stones, Ake, Kovacic, Nunes, Bobb, Doku, Alvarez are gona start all for them. Add 2 starters from last night. 

Edited by NikkiCFC

9 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Yes agree to disagree, sorry there's no way I can endorse ''the opposition is literally everything'' 

On to the game, we need to carry on where we left off, not that worried about them having a lot of possession on the wide Wembley turf as long as we dont squander our breaks

You are right -- you are taking the statement literally, which is fair of course. I was definitely considering context tho, of the quality of our team vs the immediate opposition (past and present). As to make a point on how to read results and tone expectations. It was in response to 

I was specifically referring to Everton, and esp City, which are teams at the opposite end of the spectrum. That when the opposition is significantly *better* there is only so much you can do to improve your odds at winning; you can do everything right and still lose if they match your impetus for ex.
From Everton point of view, they did everything right in the first minutes: they won 50/50s, gained set pieces, and created chances against us (good ones too). Then Cole started nut megging players, which I suspect was really disheartening to them.

IMO, there is danger in underestimating what Cole did against Everton too; it was more than goals. He broke Everton midfielders with skill and skill alone. He will be more contained against better opposition, as well as because he's known now and will be tightly marked often.

Edited by robsblubot

38 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

You are right -- you are taking the statement literally, which is fair of course. I was definitely considering context tho, of the quality of our team vs the immediate opposition (past and present). As to make a point on how to read results and tone expectations. It was in response to 

I was specifically referring to Everton, and esp City, which are teams at the opposite end of the spectrum. That when the opposition is significantly *better* there is only so much you can do to improve your odds at winning; you can do everything right and still lose if they match your impetus for ex.
From Everton point of view, they did everything right in the first minutes: they won 50/50s, gained set pieces, and created chances against us (good ones too). Then Cole started nut megging players, which I suspect was really disheartening to them.

IMO, there is danger in underestimating what Cole did against Everton too; it was more than goals. He broke Everton midfielders with skill and skill alone. He will be more contained against better opposition, as well as because he's known now and will be tightly marked often.

Yes, I took it literally, because you said ''the opposition is everything, literally''. OK i get you now.

We wont play as we did v Everton anyway, Wembley is a different kettle of fish regardless of opposition, wide pitch, plenty of space. I'm hoping we get them on the break and will not be wasteful

28 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Yes, I took it literally, because you said ''the opposition is everything, literally''. OK i get you now.

We wont play as we did v Everton anyway, Wembley is a different kettle of fish regardless of opposition, wide pitch, plenty of space. I'm hoping we get them on the break and will not be wasteful

Maybe I had a teenager moment there... "literally." 😆