Chelsea 4-0 Preston

ZAPHOD2319

Easy as expected. Should be a couple more but Broja and Sterling selfish. Two games against Boro and Fulham next. Expecting the same. Gaining confidence.

Not going to complain about today. Preston threw the kitchen sink at us in the first half, we still held them at bay. In the second we dismantled them. 

First time this season, I can say we delt with a game maturely - albeit against a Champo side in bad form. 

1 hour ago, zinctek said:

just missed a sitter ffs 

Tbf, that was no sitter. It was a nice cross from Mudryk, but the goalie was pretty much on a 1x1 with Broja. Totally fine to score some and miss some esp for younger players. Broja did well today for me.

Out of the players, perhaps Madueke and Palmer weren't great. Palmer because I expect a lot from him. Madueke played his usual game which I very much dislike -- looks like a giraffe trying to control the football.

Mudryk has improved his overall game, so he is no longer a liability when he plays. he can consistent one twos, track back, and participate. I remain convinced his tight control is nowhere near good enough for a WC player, but he's been looking decent.

Edited by robsblubot

30 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

Did look a different side after half term. First half seemed a bit iffy then bam bam goals..

Tbf to PNE, they played the classic go all out to try and nick a goal, then park the bus. Not a bad idea against us, as we are easily bullied and cannot score against teams that park the bus. However, they didn't get their goal and were shagged out by the 55th minute, after which we dismantled them. Score could've easily have been 5 or 6 in the second half. 

2 hours ago, King Kante said:

Not going to complain about today. Preston threw the kitchen sink at us in the first half, we still held them at bay. In the second we dismantled them. 

First time this season, I can say we delt with a game maturely - albeit against a Champo side in bad form. 

A good opposition team would have gone 2 goals up in the first half and would not have fallen to pieces like Preston did. 

There was hardly anything positive to be gotten from this match. In fact I see even more troubling signs of bad form coming up. 

2 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Yeah World Cup winning midfield player has a great second 45 minutes after looking very very average for the first 45. Against a side in the lower end of the championship. Sure lets make a post and call him a midfield maestro…. bit embarrassing. If you can’t do it against teams at that level when you’ve been a starting member of a World Cup winning squad, then I don’t know. Needs to play how he did second half against good teams and regularly. Thats the challenge for him. 

Scoreline definitely flattered us, took us nearly the best part of an hour to get going fully. Cole or Enzo scoring earlier first half maybe would of changed the dynamics but still, that 11 minute spell deflated them as well as the fact they tired and we stepped up after another pretty poor first half. Far too many moments where you still think, how the fuck are we going to break down much better teams. 

Felt that Gusto was very good the whole game. The young lad from the academy looked pretty comfortable too, didn’t look out of place.

Mudryk pretty much missing again throughout although he assisted Broja. This is the sort of game you thought if he had any real quality he would have shown it. The stage was set. Not just him I expected more from many of them in the first half but particularly Mudryk, I am looking for him to show us something of real quality. I don’t see it. Nearing 40 games for the club now and he looks like he will never arrive at anything more than a middle of the road player. Not having this he has improved his overall game because he can do a one two or track his opposition player when they have the ball like somebody suggested.  If he hasn’t shown any large improvement by the summer, cut out losses, he simply has to go.

Edited by OneMoSalah